The Curse of Moon Quay is Now Available!

3 hours ago, Kur0u said:

My 5k days world retrofitted with no problems. Still messing around to see if I get any kind of crash but so far so good.
Edit: Yep everything is great, haven't transformed into wonkey yet but everything else is working no problems/crashes.

That's reassuring to hear, I sailed a full circle around my day 1406 world and didn't find it. Guess I gotta search harder.

Update: I found the island, and against all odds, it was in an unexplored area despite me seeing almost the entire ocean before the update.

Edited by Psychic Chicken
Update
  • Potato Cup 1

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

They are like the worse combination of hostile Pigs and Frogs but can also delete your items from existence.

Your items don’t get deleted forever, they get hidden in the constant. As you need to kill a pirate captain for the map.

2 minutes ago, Flarezen said:

Your items don’t get deleted forever, they get hidden in the constant. As you need to kill a pirate captain for the map.

The ones that Powder Monekys bring to their huts? As far as i remember those get pernamently deleted.

And only those snatched by pirates on sea can be recovered.

Edited by ALCRD

4 hours ago, Deerclops Mika said:

The first 25 seconds of the trailer are amazing!

2022-06-30_19-54-55.png.47b3783c15111ed64c4029e64c6935fd.png

DST ocean content become so much better, some might even say "enjoyable", that even Wagstaff Dont Starve himself started ocean gaming

Edited by Dragonboooorn
  • Wavey 2

• Developer
30 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

The ones that Powder Monekys bring to their huts? As far as i remember those get pernamently deleted.

And only those snatched by pirates on sea can be recovered.

There is a bug that will be fixed soon that causes things the monkeys equip when they steal them to disappear. Other things are fine though. Fix should be out soonish.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Quyzbuk said:

Any costume art sitting on the cutting room floor for the survivors who didn't get a new pirate skin? Hoping to see some ultra-dapper Pirate Lord Maxwell.

A concept I made awhile ago:

Spoiler

Maxwell.png.4406f9c3229a5e0b653d2801696eeab9.png

He's not really the "pirate" type so this seems more his style

• Like 3
  • Big Ups 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

A concept I made awhile ago:

Hide contents

Maxwell.png.4406f9c3229a5e0b653d2801696eeab9.png

He's not really the "pirate" type so this seems more his style

That was certainly one of the looks I was imagining, inspired somewhat by the East India Trading Company boss guy from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies I take it?

• Like 1

I have been sailing around on a raft for probably 2/3 real world hours-

The grass rafts are awesome to get you out exploring the water quickly and with low resource cost- they can also be repaired with grass and upgraded with kelp bumpers..

However even in my 2/3 hours of sailing on a grass raft with a driftwood oar- I HAVE NOT FOUND MOON QUAY ISLAND NOR HAVE I ENCOUNTERED ANY MONKEY PIRATE BOATS..

Are you guys sure this retro fits?? I have access to the grass rafts and kelp bumpers etc.. but this Island has yet to be located.

I have however found Seaweed Brines, Pearls Island, Lunar Island, a few smaller Islands that are Lunar, and finally Crab King for the first time (without message bottle help) what I can not find… is the Moon Quay Island. 

.. Help? 

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The grass rafts are awesome to get you out exploring the water quickly and with low resource cost- they can also be repaired with grass and upgraded with kelp bumpers..

However even in my 2/3 hours of sailing on a grass raft with a driftwood oar- I HAVE NOT FOUND MOON QUAY ISLAND NOR HAVE I ENCOUNTERED ANY MONKEY PIRATE BOATS..

Are you guys sure this retro fits?? I have access to the grass rafts and kelp bumpers etc.. but this Island has yet to be located.

I have however found Seaweed Brines, Pearls Island, Lunar Island, a few smaller Islands that are Lunar, and finally Crab King for the first time (without message bottle help) what I can not find… is the Moon Quay Island. 

.. Help? 

is in one of the corners of the world so focus your search only in the corners

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

.. Help? 

It took me long to find mine too, just keep in mind I don't think it will be shown even on revealed parts of the map until you go there after the update.

If you think you travelled the entire ocean, make sure you uncovered the edges of the ocean on all sides. These are all the tips I can think of off the top of my head. Hope you find it soon!

5 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

It took me long to find mine too, just keep in mind I don't think it will be shown even on revealed parts of the map until you go there after the update.

If you think you travelled the entire ocean, make sure you uncovered the edges of the ocean on all sides. These are all the tips I can think of off the top of my head. Hope you find it soon!

It took me around 3 to 4 real world hours sailing around my map before I even encountered my first Monkey Raid-

9FE0F646-CAAF-4D1A-A312-B8B79F30F5B2.thumb.jpeg.031b3be2e5326f653b134b3cfdd5d3d0.jpeg

I still have not found the Island- but Abigail’s already given me 6 Cursed Trinkets.. Poor Wendy will soon forever be cursed to be Monkey :( 

• Like 2