The Curse of Moon Quay is Now Available!

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

It took me around 3 to 4 real world hours sailing around my map before I even encountered my first Monkey Raid-

9FE0F646-CAAF-4D1A-A312-B8B79F30F5B2.thumb.jpeg.031b3be2e5326f653b134b3cfdd5d3d0.jpeg

I still have not found the Island- but Abigail’s already given me 6 Cursed Trinkets.. Poor Wendy will soon forever be cursed to be Monkey :( 

Keep searching in the general area of where the raid happened, I think I heard they only happen in 25% of the ocean around the island, but again, I heard this from some random person so don't take this as a fact.

Edited by Psychic Chicken
  • Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

I found it that we can't change the skins of boats using the clean sweeper, only the boat kits are sweepable. Is this intentional?:???: Also it's very inconvenient that we cant change Deck Illuminator & Lightning conductor skins after those being deployed on masts and winged sails as well. I'm the type who plays on thousand-day-old worlds so this a huge bummer :culpability:

• Like 4
  • Big Ups 1
  • Potato Cup 1

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have been sailing around on a raft for probably 2/3 real world hours-

The grass rafts are awesome to get you out exploring the water quickly and with low resource cost- they can also be repaired with grass and upgraded with kelp bumpers..

However even in my 2/3 hours of sailing on a grass raft with a driftwood oar- I HAVE NOT FOUND MOON QUAY ISLAND NOR HAVE I ENCOUNTERED ANY MONKEY PIRATE BOATS..

Are you guys sure this retro fits?? I have access to the grass rafts and kelp bumpers etc.. but this Island has yet to be located.

I have however found Seaweed Brines, Pearls Island, Lunar Island, a few smaller Islands that are Lunar, and finally Crab King for the first time (without message bottle help) what I can not find… is the Moon Quay Island. 

.. Help? 

This is where mine ended up getting placed (Upper right) 

Thankfully I had already explored a bit of that area so when it popped in, I was able to see it on my map almost immediately.

I say almost because the map didn't update right away, I only realized that it was there when I was checking my map navigating to a nearby partially revealed shoal to spawn/kill Malbatross. I got ambushed by pirates shortly after finishing the bird.

20220630231837_1.jpg

Edited by Quyzbuk
  • Potato Cup 1

Okay so uhh I am now a Monkey.. & this is not cute.. (maybe a little?) 

A656E21A-552B-4816-9669-C1DF6FD009FB.thumb.png.e9fa50dab1aa443264a15620f7088099.png

I have 14 of those trinket things and they now take up two of my inventory slots.. I don’t mind challenge but maybe this is a bit much???

Perhaps let trinkets only stack to 10 and that’s the maximum amount you can have..

In Addition the game is going to need ALOT of new loading screen tips- because for the people who do not frequent these forums or read the Wiki they will have absolutely no clue how to remove this curse of being Monkey.

Also I finally found the island- but it’s so tiny and void of anything of interest that I question why I’d ever want to go there in the first place? (Maybe that’s just how it Retro Fits and if I create a new world I’ll get a bigger better island?)

• Like 1
  • Potato Cup 1

11 hours ago, Jason said:

NOTE: PlayStation and Xbox players will be getting this earlier than originally posted. Against all odds, the team managed to pull everything together in time to get this out to you sooner than expected. We now expect this to be out today or tomorrow. However, this isn't entirely under our control, so it's not impossible for it slip to early next week. The update is now available on Xbox and PlayStation!

Holy wow!!! No extra week of waiting for me!

I've gone from having nothing to play to having this awesome new update and the outriders expansion, going to be tough to choose between the two!

Lets see just how crazy these pirate raids are on console!

I don't like that everyone asking for them to be toned down has actually resulted in them now being stronger in the late game as I  almost play my long term world exclusively. 

I just hate the theft aspect of them more than anything I think. I've always hated splumonkeys and their mechanics with a burning passion and this is more of the same but seems even worse. I totally get that it makes logicial sense given they are pirates and they are raiding you but it just feels too punishing for me personally. I guess at least you can get all your stolen loot back on the mainland with those new treasure hunts so its certainly nowhere near as bad as it could be. If a monkey steals something crazy like an Enlightened Crown or a bundling wrap maxed out with crazy amounts of food I'm gonna be hecking mad. 

I'm certainly going to be turning them down in my world settings thats for sure. I don't mind having to deal with a pirate raid from time to time but given how frequent they seem at the moment its going to completely change how the ocean operates and how often I want to actually be sailing. 

I too wanted more ocean content but these raids seem to just completely change the ocean from 0 to 100 in one update. I personally would have preferred more sea biomes, creatures and aesthetics rather than cut throat pirates.

I haven't actually tried the new content though and have just been lurking these forums so take everything I say with a grain of salt as I may feel very differently when actually trying it out. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't lose sleep over it though, we'll have plenty for you to checkout soon.

Next rework is 100% Wickerbottom.

Don't lose sleep over it - Wicker's inability to sleep.

Checkout instead of check out - Library reference because of her books. 

11 hours ago, Dextops said:

Crab wurt crab wurt crab wurt crab wurt crab wurt crab wurt crab wurt

Walk like Crab, Look like Wurt

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GelatinousCube said:

Holy wow!!! No extra week of waiting for me!

I've gone from having nothing to play to having this awesome new update and the outriders expansion, going to be tough to choose between the two!

Lets see just how crazy these pirate raids are on console!

I don't like that everyone asking for them to be toned down has actually resulted in them now being stronger in the late game as I  almost play my long term world exclusively. 

I just hate the theft aspect of them more than anything I think. I've always hated splumonkeys and their mechanics with a burning passion and this is more of the same but seems even worse. I totally get that it makes logicial sense given they are pirates and they are raiding you but it just feels too punishing for me personally. I guess at least you can get all your stolen loot back on the mainland with those new treasure hunts so its certainly nowhere near as bad as it could be. If a monkey steals something crazy like an Enlightened Crown or a bundling wrap maxed out with crazy amounts of food I'm gonna be hecking mad. 

I'm certainly going to be turning them down in my world settings thats for sure. I don't mind having to deal with a pirate raid from time to time but given how frequent they seem at the moment its going to completely change how the ocean operates and how often I want to actually be sailing. 

I too wanted more ocean content but these raids seem to just completely change the ocean from 0 to 100 in one update. I personally would have preferred more sea biomes, creatures and aesthetics rather than cut throat pirates.

I haven't actually tried the new content though and have just been lurking these forums so take everything I say with a grain of salt as I may feel very differently when actually trying it out. 

That’s not how the new update works at all… i had to sail around for 3/4 real world hours before I even encountered my first pirate raid (they only attempt to raid you when in close proximity to their island) if your not near their island they don’t spawn into the ocean at all and it’s as void and empty of content as it’s ever been.

I don’t know who thought me having to repeatedly tap B in a timed rowing pattern and that’s ALL you do save for maybe pick up a few loose grass/kelp/driftwood logs.. would be fun, but it is simply not fun..

The new update adds cheaper grass rafts which are constantly leaking.. but can be repaired with additional grass- this makes sailing less punishing if you just want to scout the world without losing a fully decked out boat- But it doesn’t make the press B with correct timing as you slog across screen any more entertaining.

What DOES make the update more entertaining though is the boat bumpers- I’ve personally taken to applying kelp bumpers to empty grass boats with the sole intention of using them as a battering Ram to rid my world of rock formations.

Outside of that though- you actively have to go seeking out this new content in order to enjoy it.

I personally wouldn’t mind seeing smaller 1-2 monkey raids that can happen ANYWHERE on the Ocean not just within the 15% area of their Island.. with the closer you get to the island obviously having more Monkey in the Raid while further away = less

Now understand that CURRENTLY there’s NONE outside of the 15% near their base spawn radius- which is a shame because they make a cute little yarrggg chime before sailing towards and invading your boat.

The Monkeys only spawn if your on a boat BUT they will follow you back to land and raid your chests close to shore if they spawned near the shore.

Edited by Mike23Ua

48 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

That’s not how the new update works at all… i had to sail around for 3/4 real world hours before I even encountered my first pirate raid (they only attempt to raid you when in close proximity to their island) if your not near their island they don’t spawn into the ocean at all and it’s as void and empty of content as it’s ever been.

The reason being their spawn rate got nerfed hard so now not only is the spawn timer much longer the further you are from the island but when it runs down there's only a 10 percent chance for it to actually spawn a raid which if it doesn't I assume you have to wait for the timer to tick down again for another 10 percent roll happens.

• Sad Dupe 1

Hey, is anyone else having trouble getting rid of the trinkets? By all accounts I was pretty sure that all I needed to do was give bananas to the Queen, but no matter what I do she will not accept bananas or any banana crockpot recipes. I have 30 of these trinkets now. Please help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Okay so uhh I am now a Monkey.. & this is not cute.. (maybe a little?) 

A656E21A-552B-4816-9669-C1DF6FD009FB.thumb.png.e9fa50dab1aa443264a15620f7088099.png

I have 14 of those trinket things and they now take up two of my inventory slots.. I don’t mind challenge but maybe this is a bit much???

Perhaps let trinkets only stack to 10 and that’s the maximum amount you can have..

In Addition the game is going to need ALOT of new loading screen tips- because for the people who do not frequent these forums or read the Wiki they will have absolutely no clue how to remove this curse of being Monkey.

Also I finally found the island- but it’s so tiny and void of anything of interest that I question why I’d ever want to go there in the first place? (Maybe that’s just how it Retro Fits and if I create a new world I’ll get a bigger better island?)

interact with her queen and the island isnt super big but has interesting things if you play for long in a world

• Potato Cup 1

8 hours ago, Etniz said:

I found it that we can't change the skins of boats using the clean sweeper, only the boat kits are sweepable. Is this intentional?:???: Also it's very inconvenient that we cant change Deck Illuminator & Lightning conductor skins after those being deployed on masts and winged sails as well

It's a limitation that Klei is aware of but don't have a solution for.

Great update! Just one little thing, if no one mentioned it, but if Polly can give items to nearby chest when the player's (or follower's) inventory is full or cannot accept items. :) Otherwise Polly will break it's neck trying to give something to a pig all day. 

Edited by Phizzle

@Jason - 

I have a question about the Points Shop if you could help me. 
It's showing me that I can redeem things that I already own - so I guess it's the same way for everyone. 
I guess I'm wondering why it's like this...? Here is an example of one thing I own being "redeemable" in the Points Shop. 
Kinda seems like an oversight. I'm logged in with the same account, and it's like this for several different items that I own skins for in game. 
I'm just worried maybe people don't remember the skins they have and might waste points on redeeming. 

unknown.png

• Like 2

I missed the Rhymes with Play stream, but woohoo! Congrats to the team on another awesome update!
Man, between Our Flag Means Death, the new Monkey Island game and now this update... 2022 has officially become the Year of the Pirate!

ezgif-4-0a4fa72625.gif

12 hours ago, eclectillector said:

Hey, is anyone else having trouble getting rid of the trinkets? By all accounts I was pretty sure that all I needed to do was give bananas to the Queen, but no matter what I do she will not accept bananas or any banana crockpot recipes. I have 30 of these trinkets now. Please help.

Did you try to give her a normal uncooked banana?

3 hours ago, YecatsMailbox said:

I have a question about the Points Shop if you could help me. 
It's showing me that I can redeem things that I already own - so I guess it's the same way for everyone. 
I guess I'm wondering why it's like this...? Here is an example of one thing I own being "redeemable" in the Points Shop. 
Kinda seems like an oversight. I'm logged in with the same account, and it's like this for several different items that I own skins for in game. 
I'm just worried maybe people don't remember the skins they have and might waste points on redeeming. 

At some point, some skins that were obtainable only for a limited time were upgraded from a Loyal rarity to a Timeless rarity, and a new version of that skin of loyal rarity was added to the klei rewards page so that those skins didn't forever remain exclusive of some players. However, the timeless skin that you own is considered a different skin compared to the loyal variant found in the klei rewards page, which is why it is still possible for you to redeem the loyal variant.

for example, the lovely chest from your screenshot was initially available only for people who logged into the game during the valentine's day update of either 2021 or 2022, but later added to the klei rewards page for newer players

Are we having this content on Nintendo Switch? There has been MONTHS since the last updated and there are s lot of bugs that makes the game very hard to enjoy. Meanwhile, all the other platforms have had at least two big updates with lots of content.

Seems like switch players are being treated like 2nd class players. 

28 minutes ago, ValleOdinson said:

Are we having this content on Nintendo Switch? There has been MONTHS since the last updated and there are s lot of bugs that makes the game very hard to enjoy. Meanwhile, all the other platforms have had at least two big updates with lots of content.

Seems like switch players are being treated like 2nd class players. 

No- it takes a lot of time and preparation to catch consoles up to date usually first it’s Pc that gets the update then PlayStation, after that Xbox

And the release time frames can be literal years between each other (DST was on PlayStation a year or two before it ever made its way to Xbox)

Klei plans to catch switch up to date eventually- they’ve even stated that the next switch update will be big full of previous updates but will not be “up to date” with the most recently released updates just yet.

I love that the in-game clips still show the characters in the animation, makes it feel like whats happening in-game is the same as whats happening to them (because it is). Also that music is awesome, I hope that's some pirate monkey battle music.