What if Wheeler was added in DST?

just make walter the explorer that can shoot stuff with his slightshot, at least small items like bee stingers, it would be very ironic if bee stinger were a decent ammo option for him to contrast his bee allergy

If you want to get technical- every character Klei adds into DS/DST is a story, and they are ALL trapped inside the constant (minus Wurt & Wortox) trying to escape.. so until Klei finishes up the story of “Where is Wheeler Now..?” She still has a very high chance of being added to DST someday.

I also don’t think she would be as broken and out of place in DST as some claim.. She would just be yet another character choice.. 

Personally I would upgrade her “Dodge Slide” into a jumping Dodge Roll- this would allow her to share Wortox’s “Soul Hop” across gaps of Water.

I would make the Navigadget craftable and any character can use- Similar to holding a stick within a Y shape to locate Water- The Navigadget would be the most noob friendly helpful item Klei can possibly add to the game, You could even maybe place player specific items into it to help guide you to other players (example placing an Abigail flower inside will track the Wendy who crafted it if she’s still in the world) just a little nifty device to help more easily locate resources or the friends you got lost in the world away from.

I don’t feel like Wheeler would need a complete overhaul rework, because she’s moderately okay- and Moderately okay characters are way better than absurdly OP ones.

Honestly, I would love to play as Wheeler in DST even without her starting items. The dodge ability and the speed bonus from empty slots are enough in my opinion. But I will have to admit that this version won't proive any "unique" gameplay experience, and the original Wheeler is already somewhat replaced by Walter.

Maybe she could get a whole compass rework and ditch her shooting thingy? Or instead, a whole new starting item that has a cooldown? (come on Klei, we need more items with cooldowns) No idea. I just believe that Wheeler holds the greatest potential out of all the remaining single player DLC characters to have her own DST rework. Plus, and most importantly, I want a character that talks with piano sounds.

What do you mean theoretically?

777270143_Screenshot_2022-06-05-13-49-21-6882.thumb.jpeg.7622f0732bc8845cc8f73a78d573d1a7.jpeg

According to the statistic above, Wheeler has a 95% chance to be added into DST. This statistic has also accounted for bias, in fact, we've added a wheel to show how BS this statistic might be, and it's 60% not BS.

Rejoice, Wheeler mains, fans and enjoyers, she'll finally be added into DST. You'll get a Wheeler! He will get a Wheeler! Your grandmas will even get a Wheeler. We all will get a Wheeler, for free. If we don't then this statistic (and me) weren't lying, it's just that Klei is evil.

Spoiler

243137402_Screenshot_2022-06-15-10-55-11-3402.thumb.jpeg.9af986d3dcf64d340496b17cb46544af.jpeg

Photo of Klei Entertainment, May 2022.

I really like Wheeler's personality, gameplay, I think you could honestly port her with minimal changes and she'd play out very well.

The one thing I'd ask for is an art change similar to how Warly got an art improvement, her hair always looked kinda ugly especially compared to the Hamlet shorts, I always liked this one mod by AlexAt that changed the sprite of her hair and I feel it's a big improvement over the one we currently have.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2058291149&searchtext=wheeler

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.d29a7dc27c3915843ef86a5ba7b4cce5.png

the way i see it tencent doesn't like wheeler being in the *real* game because she is (((just too old to be in together))). And I mean, it sucks but at the same time dodging is kind of awkward nd the pew matic horn is even more awkward. by old i mean like the time period she was abducted orwhatever

4 hours ago, h1mk said:

the way i see it tencent doesn't like wheeler being in the *real* game

Why would tencent care about the "real" ds so much? We got new home and its... something. Also Hamlet came out like couple of years ago.

Dodging is a new, fun and a neat mechanic. And Pewmatic horn is such a silly and funny item.

Imo it just depends on Klei, do they wanna add a old, a new character or any character at all.

9 hours ago, h1mk said:

the way i see it tencent doesn't like wheeler being in the *real* game because she is (((just too old to be in together))). And I mean, it sucks but at the same time dodging is kind of awkward nd the pew matic horn is even more awkward. by old i mean like the time period she was abducted orwhatever

Tencent doesn't influence Klei's decisions at all, Klei themselves even stated they were tired of doing existing characters in their own Discord channel long ago. 
I have my doubts that Tencent would very specifically not want Wheeler in DST for any sort of reasons!

Archived