What if Wheeler was added in DST?

On 6/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, Empa505 said:

Why would tencent care about the "real" ds so much? We got new home and its... something. Also Hamlet came out like couple of years ago.

Dodging is a new, fun and a neat mechanic. And Pewmatic horn is such a silly and funny item.

Imo it just depends on Klei, do they wanna add a old, a new character or any character at all.

Soz the real game is meant to be DST

9 hours ago, h1mk said:

Soz the real game is meant to be DST

But i dont understand why Wheeler is too far for dst and other stuff isn't?

If you look at the new beta its stretching on the dst horizons, so i dont feel like it Wheeler's addition would be impossible.

14 hours ago, Empa505 said:

If you look at the new beta its stretching on the dst horizons, so i dont feel like it Wheeler's addition would be impossible.

we literally got warly in dst, i don't think that adding wheeler would be really that much, outfit not being like everyone's elese is not a really big problem

On 6/15/2022 at 11:59 PM, Hornete said:

I really like Wheeler's personality, gameplay, I think you could honestly port her with minimal changes and she'd play out very well.

The one thing I'd ask for is an art change similar to how Warly got an art improvement, her hair always looked kinda ugly especially compared to the Hamlet shorts, I always liked this one mod by AlexAt that changed the sprite of her hair and I feel it's a big improvement over the one we currently have.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2058291149&searchtext=wheeler

Скрыть содержимое

изображение.thumb.png.d29a7dc27c3915843ef86a5ba7b4cce5.png

OMG, that's me!

If be honest, when I developed this mod, I didn't think many people would like it. (I'm happy that someone liked it)

Wheelers mechanics don't seem that suitable for DST as they are now. I know, nobody even plays competitive, but the servers would be overflowing with Wheelers and the next four months this forum would be discussing nothing but ranged weapons.

11 hours ago, Falkenpelz said:

Wheelers mechanics don't seem that suitable for DST as they are now. I know, nobody even plays competitive, but the servers would be overflowing with Wheelers and the next four months this forum would be discussing nothing but ranged weapons.

not like almost the same happened when wanda was added

5 minutes ago, Eughstein said:

not like almost the same happened when wanda was added

True. My point would still be, just because other characters are game-breaking, doesn't mean we have to keep adding more like them. Wheeler is fun, but more balanced in her native environment of Hamlet, which she is designed for: Less inventory space is a bigger downside in a game designed around treasure hunts and projectiles like rocks, stingers, bones etc. are less easy to amass in Hamlet. Still she would probably be quite fun in DST, but I don't think Klei wants to implement existing characters anymore.

1 minute ago, Falkenpelz said:

True. My point would still be, just because other characters are game-breaking, doesn't mean we have to keep adding more like them. Wheeler is fun, but more balanced in her native environment of Hamlet, which she is designed for: Less inventory space is a bigger downside in a game designed around treasure hunts and projectiles like rocks, stingers, bones etc. are less easy to amass in Hamlet. Still she would probably be quite fun in DST, but I don't think Klei wants to implement existing characters anymore.

yeah,  i know that they won't be added(and honestly i hope they won't add any more at all), but this topic is purely theoretical

On 6/18/2022 at 12:59 AM, Empa505 said:

Maybe you're right, but at least for now I can't see there being any kind of event that would let wheeler or woodlegs meet the other survivors

Archived