What do you like to rush on each character in your pubs?

I like to play random most of the time in pubs, and I noticed myself getting into the habit of rushing certain things based on what the gods of klei giveth

- Willow rush ruins fullclear and box of nm fuel, later on farm crops while insane with bernie

- Wolfgang rush dfly, AG, and BQ (in that order) and maybe Toad

- Wendy rush ornery beefalo + ancient guardian + BQ boat cheese, and sometimes bee boxes if angry bees spawned

- Wx rush completely full ruin clear, all circuits (excepting Perl chorusbox) and establish a secret cave base society near ruins

- Wicker rush BQ with tentacles, and optionally setup reed trap lureplant farm and grass/twig lureplant farm (in preparation for spring)

- Woodie rush lunar and Pearl tasks, and optionally overworld + sea maps for people (for salt, waterlogged)

- Wes rush explore entire map and give team speed and crafted maps

- Maxwell rush mini-mega-base community, big chest system, and have a stack of each material at least

- Wigfroid rush ancient guardian, ruins, Dfly, 100+ helms

- Webber rush bee queen with many nests around her, chest of silk, chest of glands

- Winona rush frog farm and cave spider farms with catapults, and then catapults for bee queen (if no other char wants to do bq)

- Warly rush spices farm, bee boxes, volt goat chaudenfreude and Toadstool in winter for rain

- Wortox rush AG and whole cave maps for everyone

- Wormwood rush biggest farm you've ever seen, and try to find as many bottles as you can while exploring

- Wurt rush the new swamp army, and a beefalo

- Walter rush rider beefalo, marble farm and then bee queen

- Wanda rush ruins then work towards celestial champion (also rush regen if world is not triple tusk)

- Wilson? Rush making friends speedrun any%

Just now, loopuleasa said:

What do you mean?

Regarding my forum posts? For me it looks normal

image.png.bcad9c6feeac2392be5d3005579a28d9.pngimage.png.7a42fb374d6502af7673ab2c3bdb9936.png

For me, the letters are the same color as the forum, how do you get the forum to be in dark mode anyway?

9 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

What do you mean?

Regarding my forum posts? For me it looks normal

image.png.bcad9c6feeac2392be5d3005579a28d9.pngimage.png.7a42fb374d6502af7673ab2c3bdb9936.png

image.thumb.png.09125d93cbf9ca2f772148968914159b.pngCursed Gray-on-gray writing.

As for different prioritizations;

Winona: Panic area at base and catapults at beequeen.

Wes: Glossomer's Saddle + Beefalo

Wanda: Alarming clock, archives for more watches

Webber: Unlocking different spiderdoodles

WX: Unlocking circuits, acceleration circuit -> optoelectronic -> ruins -> Gears and acceleration 2.0

Wolfgang: weigh gym and statues

Wurt: Farms, merm houses, merm king

Wigfrid: Songs, especially Heartrending Ballad and Clear Minded Cadenza

Wilson: Hair for meat effigis and bernies

Wormwood: Bramble Husk and marking tentapillars with moonlenses...

1 hour ago, SinancoTheBest said:

Cursed Gray-on-gray writing.

Wes: Glossomer's Saddle + Beefalo

Let me know if my text looks fine now. Dunno what is happening.

Regarding Wes, that's actually pretty good to get ornery + glossamer, never did beefalo rushes on him. When I random Wes I just cry, and just try to talk to people and help around the base. This might make it fun.

I rush things independent of my character. Rush boat base, rush cave base, rush surface base that no one ever finds because it's not at pig king with 4 map markers, every once in awhile I'll even rush the ruins.

24 minutes ago, loopuleasa said:

Let me know if my text looks fine now. Dunno what is happening.

Still too light.

You might try copying the whole thing, opening up the post editor, and pasting it back in, clicking the thing that pops up about rich-text vs. plain-text pasting.

Am i the only one that hate ruin rushers on pub servers? Those who destroy all pig houses, clean everything underground, rarely share the loot and then leave (with everything in their inventory) and then look for a new server with 3+ players online. For what? If you love to rush ruins, why don't you do it on your server?

I wish something prevented people from doing ruins so early. First autumn is a time for mainland exploration, gathering resources to start a base, and yet it is so easy to get a late game gear in first 10-15 days...

6 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Am i the only one that hate ruin rushers on pub servers? Those who destroy all pig houses, clean everything underground, rarely share the loot and then leave (with everything in their inventory) and then look for a new server with 3+ players online. For what? If you love to rush ruins, why don't you do it on your server?

I wish something prevented people from doing ruins so early. First autumn is a time for mainland exploration, gathering resources to start a base, and yet it is so easy to get a late game gear in first 10-15 days...

Why do you think that your way to play is the correct one and everyone else should go play single player? Why don't you go play single player if multiplayer ticks you off?

I rarely see ruins rushers but when I do they're usually a lot more cooperative than the average player. Would much prefer they rush ruins and keep most of it to themselves than they just sit in the base for 2 weeks taking random resources for no reason then disconnecting with them.

43 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

I'm sorry I can't like this post more times.

34 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I rarely see ruins rushers but when I do they're usually a lot more cooperative than the average player. Would much prefer they rush ruins and keep most of it to themselves than they just sit in the base for 2 weeks taking random resources for no reason then disconnecting with them.

You happen to be lucky to never have played with above average skilled players then.

For some reason (and some youtubers sadly keep encouraging it) rushing the ruins in the first days while destroying all sort of non-renewable resources (destroy all pig houses for the skins, shoveling all blue mushrooms) is seen as the ultimate flex, when its actually something to be made on single player worlds.

If you plan on a normal long term playthrough, having pigs extinct and the ruins empty from the start seriously disrupts your progression: basically your world is wrecked. And as Keller said, most people that does this do not share anything of the loot, not even pig skins to rebuild a few houses, which is seriously infuriating. 

I have nothing against rushing the ruins in the first days if they choose to do so, but the loot should be shared among the other players. Destroying pig houses and shoveling mushrooms in the first days of the game is defintely a big nono though.

I think people should be more mindful and respectful of the other players. Greedy/selfish playthrough is definitely a soft griefing: your playthrough damages the experience of the others. 

ANYWAY... back on topic, I tend to rush beefalos (except for Wanda and Woodie) and shadow manipulators.

A recently started joining pubs.

I like rushing beefalo for protection and a star callers to give everyone warmth at base.

If I manage to make any extra I give to the players I think contribute the most. Star callers is all I make (well and construction amulet for more star callers) and take from the ruins.

44 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

But... I share the loot :(

wilson base
wolfgang base
wicker reeds base
wigfried lots of meat base
webber spider stuff base
warly potato tomato combo and farm and base
wortox explore base
wurt swamp base
walter get many things base

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

You happen to be lucky to never have played with above average skilled players then.

If someone needs ten thousand helmets and an entire forest of bluecaps to clear the ruins I'm not sure they're above average. It's just mindless f holding at that point, anyone can do it.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Destroying pig houses and shoveling mushrooms in the first days of the game is defintely a big nono though.

Why? Wild pig houses are of very little value, and should be relocated to a pig farm to make them several dozen times more efficient (whether someone immediately relocates them or clears the ruins first is inconsequential). Bluecaps are a pretty bad long term source of healing since they drain so much sanity so I'm not sure what use keeping an entire forest of them is. Even if someone was to shovel literally all of them, even though there's so many that would be multiple stacks which is very excessive, you still have the trees you can chop down if you need a bunch of bluecaps for whatever reason.

Someone taking all the pig skin and ruins loot then disconnecting would be annoying, but I see people do that way more with non-ruins stuff. People take all the pig skin then sit at base doing nothing and disconnect, people take a stack of flint and rocks and whatever else out of a chest then sit at the base doing nothing and disconnect, people take all the rocks to make excessive walls at dragonfly then disconnect before even starting the fight, people take all the flowers near bee queen then disconnect, so on and so forth.

The most common thing I see related to other people doing the ruins is someone says they're going to do it then keeps talking about it then they die and leave glorious treasure for me to unearth. But in my experience the pig houses get instantly smashed whether or not people are going to the ruins. Everyone wants infinite helmets just for no reason.

I don't particularly like rushing things for the most part, though depending on the character I play I might be convinced to at least help out with a rush if others choose to go for one.

For instance if I am playing a character who can amass resources at ease I'll gather necessary stuff like rocks n gold to provide others with tools in the case of a ruins rush.
The exception to this would be Wanda, who is the only character I will semi rush the ruins for, although I usually only go for thulecite fragments and mayyyyybe an early-ish star caller.

As for boss rushing, unless I'm playing with a group of people I will generally not rush any bosses, the earliest I will go for bosses generally considered rushable would probably be Dragonfly in winter, if I don't feel like using fuel for warmth and don't already have a star caller. I will of course help others out here as well by providing resources for example.
Exception once again is when I'm playing Wanda, I might go for a somewhat earlier DF kill and kill Klaus first winter, but other than that I just don't really rush anything in terms of bosses.

I have considered "rushing" a Beefalo a few times, but ultimately I decide against it because it might be a hassle for some people who might not know the mechanics indepth to keep the taming process up.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

If only....if only...

"x has died to a splumonkey"

"y has died to guardian"

" m has died to broken clockwork"

"Don't worry guys I know i broke all the pig houses but I'll get you guys ruins gear so you should thank me" dies 2 days later and disconnects.

5 hours ago, Cheggf said:

Why do you think that your way to play is the correct one and everyone else should go play single player? Why don't you go play single player if multiplayer ticks you off?

Different experiences for different people all I know is if I see them destroying them all I just treat them as a griefer and kick them.

5 hours ago, Keller Max said:

For what? If you love to rush ruins, why don't you do it on your server?

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I could clear the ruins with a torch and you guys would still find something to complain about

also whenever I hand out the loot people just grab the gems and disconnect or break all the armor on some pigmen so wtf is the point

35 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I could clear the ruins with a torch and you guys would still find something to complain about

also whenever I hand out the loot people just grab the gems and disconnect or break all the armor on some pigmen so wtf is the point

fishsays.gif.png.46bfd6d81dc576c2d104c3c2c5364332.png

It's not about the loot, it's about the friends we loot along the way.

Archived