Players think using the Terrarium is griefing due to the way it spawns the boss.

1 minute ago, reallychina said:

Its fine the way it is. You can easily run away.

It only takes a little bit of planning to kill, why dumb the game down even more

Not if it targets a completely new player who was never meant to be involved.

8 hours ago, reallychina said:

Its fine the way it is. You can easily run away.

It only takes a little bit of planning to kill, why dumb the game down even more

I don't remember ever seeing you post anything except something extremely contradictory just to try to make you sound super good at the game (which always achieves the opposite effect). How is this even "dumbing the game down"? And what "planning" is there to kill it? It's a ridiculously easy fight, there's no need for planning. All there's a need for is having it spawn on you which is completely out of your control.

29 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I don't remember ever seeing you post anything except something extremely contradictory just to try to make you sound super good at the game (which always achieves the opposite effect). How is this even "dumbing the game down"? And what "planning" is there to kill it? It's a ridiculously easy fight, there's no need for planning. All there's a need for is having it spawn on you which is completely out of your control.

Freud please stick to the topic.

Eyes are the only ones with a different meachanic and it takes a minuscule coordination for people to be in the same spot when it spawns. Its a basic coordination action that people should be able to do, considering this is supposed to be a team game.

There s also the option they descend into caves for a couple of seconds on spawn if they dont want fo be part of the fight and/are too far.

They also lose aggro very fast so theres no real danger.

15 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Freud please stick to the topic.

Eyes are the only ones with a different meachanic and it takes a minuscule coordination for people to be in the same spot when it spawns. Its a basic coordination action that people should be able to do, considering this is supposed to be a team game.

There s also the option they descend into caves for a couple of seconds on spawn if they dont want fo be part of the fight and/are too far.

They also lose aggro very fast so theres no real danger.

Show me you coordinating every single person on a 12 player server to dedicate 10-20 minutes of their time (they have to go who knows how far to get to you then go back who knows how far) even one single time. You clearly only play single player so this change wouldn't affect you at all, you're just here to act pompous.

21 hours ago, hhh2 said:

i think they do??? i really can't remember but i always spawn them at my current base, so maybe not.

eye of terror can break structured when it does that melee atack when they bite the ground. Also eye and twins can break fences and walls since those can be broken by hits and not only by "hammer" mechanics

I agree that it's fine as it is, adds a unique layer of challenge that if you want to guarantee a fight with the eye or the twins, you should coordinate most people to meet at a spot at night to increase your chances. Even activating it yourself you have a significant chance of it spawning on you, and that chance increases with more people you have with you.

After all since it is an easy fight with useful rewards, the random spawning balances it out a bit and I gotta say I like the unique mechanic specific to this one partivular entity that comes from an entirely different realm- serves to make it less accessible and appropriately foreign. It'd be way too predictable if it just spawned on the terrarium.

The mechanic also serves to share the boss. Most bosses are raid bosses so anyone wishing to fight them can fight them at their map location. Only bosses that dont work like that are Bearger, Deerclops (and with regards to its reward, the Lord of the Fruitflies) who spawn on and benefit specific groups with their rewards. Terrarium is one item that a group of survivors can hold on to and constantly benefit on their own in a case where multiple base camps exist- random spawning prevents monopolizing the bosses.

And finally the unpredictability adds a to the charthchaunoredictabilityrof the constant. If it surprises someone, that's a good experience, this world shouldn't all be predictable and completely tameable.

39 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Show me you coordinating every single person on a 12 player server to dedicate 10-20 minutes of their time (they have to go who knows how far to get to you then go back who knows how far) even one single time. You clearly only play single player so this change wouldn't affect you at all, you're just here to act pompous.

I would never play a 12 people server, it would require discord communication and even then i would only play it to speedrun. 12 people make every single boss a joke so there is no challenge.

I play solo or with another friend.

They dont need to travel the map to meet up, they could descend into nearest caves for 30 seconds. The caves have a good and guaranteed distribution thoughout most biomes so the odds to have a cave nearby are very high.

Its not like you can summon this boss every single night.

Its a unique spawn mechanic, it encourages basic coordination, and there is no real penalty for failing. Its fine as is.

27 minutes ago, reallychina said:

I would never play a 12 people server, it would require discord communication and even then i would only play it to speedrun. 12 people make every single boss a joke so there is no challenge.

And yet here you are saying that this change which literally wouldn't affect you at all shouldn't happen because it's "dumbing the game down". We should all skillfully 12v1 the boss instead of changing how the spawning works to be how every single other boss works.

4 minutes ago, Well-met said:

what stops the target person to just run away? do they have to stand still until the eye charges?

an easy solution is to just spawn it when everyone is bundled in the same spot

If wasting cumulative hours of people's time is so easy then please show me you doing it with all 12 people on a Klei server. In fact, if it's so easy why even have it be needed at all?

Maybe it isn't easy and you guys are just single player players who never go on pubs disagreeing with a change that wouldn't affect you at all for no reason...

You can easily run away from almost anything, but most new players don't realize that. Hence why Deerclops is such a run-ender. 

But honestly I do feel bad when the eye kills newly joined players that have no idea what is going on. Not to mention that someitmes it's twins so you really need to be prepared to run. I think it can be done better, at least have a save zone of 3-5 days after spawning in you can't be targeted by eot, just like it is now with hounds/worms. 

for private servers can be interesting but i dont see how it can be useful for pubs when the guy who want to fight them prepares for a fight that wont happend while a 5h players gets scary (and laybe quits the game thinking that is an unfair game) or even dies

sure, in some servers you are lucky and most of the players can survive by their own and kill this weak boss so adds that interesting mechanic of "guys prepare, some of us will have a party tonight" but that isnt the case always and im only taking in count eye of terror, better not talk about the twins...

This dumb mechanic destroys bases, fencing and everything around that has healthbars. Please change this cause public servers die off cause of that as of late. People spam terrariums every day and they don't often stop till they kill or get kicked for overusing it. 

I appreciate it as a funny mechanic but I absolutely don't like the ways this could ruin runs and bases. Also, the eyes can actually wipe out all to any hordes of beefalos, spiders, or anything around. This is a force of absolute destruction similar to Old Bell if not destroying most structures like the bell does.

18 hours ago, Cheggf said:

They destroy anything with health, including shadows for some reason lol. I'm assuming they can destroy walls but they can't smash any other structures.

But "anything with health" includes the dude who just got the game, has no idea what's going on, isn't wearing armor, and doesn't have a light source so he's glued to the fire pit.

Yeah, in my experience it can mess up your walls, and once it knocked a bunch of mini signs loose because it spawned on a player who was in the main base and faceplanted right into the chests when its health got low. But generally I'd be more worried about what it can do to players and mobs.

6 hours ago, Cheggf said:

And yet here you are saying that this change which literally wouldn't affect you at all shouldn't happen because it's "dumbing the game down". We should all skillfully 12v1 the boss instead of changing how the spawning works to be how every single other boss works.

Who are you dude? Cheggf, The Gatekeeper of Who Is Allowed To Have an Opinion? lol

It's a unique mechanic that should bring players together to cooperate or synchronize to enter caves for a couple of seconds. There is little to no danger to players. It's something that only happens every 15 days.

Not that it would matter, but I said i also play duo, and by the way, you can use the spawn mechanic solo by triggering the terrarium and do something else somewhere else, expecting the boss to spawn on you. Saves an inventory slot.

The game is supposed to be a SURVIVAL, CHALLENGING game, not Farmville.

I've given you multiple arguments on how this works and why it should stay this way, you've mostly just pushed personal attacks on me.

19 hours ago, Cheggf said:

But "anything with health" includes the dude who just got the game, has no idea what's going on, isn't wearing armor, and doesn't have a light source so he's glued to the fire pit.

We need more people looking out for the new players because that's the best way to get someone new to drop the game for good. I agree here and a simple maximum radius from the Terrarium would probably do the trick. 

13 minutes ago, reallychina said:

Who are you dude? Cheggf, The Gatekeeper of Who Is Allowed To Have an Opinion? lol

By the way you spoke about it it sounded like "i never experienced this so changing it would be useless"

also what is with the "dst should be more difficult and challenging and not a farmville?" that argument is so spoiled here in the forums.

It doesn't make any mechanical sense for the eye to be spawning out in the middle of nowhere anyway. Isn't it meant to be coming from the terrarium? Why wouldn't it spawn near the terrarium. Hell, if anything it should fail to spawn if there are no players near it.

I do agree that the eye should spawn on the nearest player. Trying to get people to cooperate in pubs can be a pain. Sometimes other people just won’t listen no matter how much you yell at them to get in the caves. It can also be annoying on the receiving end, being in the middle of doing something then some random person across the map says “hey I’m doing EoC go into caves pls” and now you have to interrupt your task (or the person spawning EoC doesn’t give you enough time to go to caves and now YOU have to fight or flee). It’s such a massive inconvenience to all parties involved.

10 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

where does it say anything about the game being supposed to be difficult

I think that's what you're meant to take away from the word "uncompromising."

But it's a stupid argument for a mechanic that adds nothing interesting to the game, from someone who's admitted they have no stake in it at all, anyway.

Archived