• Alone......
  3. 3. Why

• Speedruns
    • Chill and play
    • Build
    • Because I enjoy this game

This game makes me feel positive feelings therefore I play it

It lets me do a lot at my own pace while still providing a challenge

Klei is the best game developer I have ever seen, but I didn't see many so who knows

Friends like to play it with me when they have time too

Most of my gametime is alone, playing until about ~300 days then deleting and starting over.Ā  I usually play without character swaps, and start over when I want to play a different character.Ā  I don't speedrun, but I do enjoy the setup to take out bosses more than repeatedly fighting a boss following its respawn clock.Ā  I think about doing a longer world sometimes, or using character swaps to maximize on the game, but at a point I just lose interest, burn things down and delete it anyway XD

Used to do speedruns of sustainable bases, then bosses...then sustainable bases next to bosses.

Then, for a long time, I'd jump onto random public worlds with a goal to...provide the other players with a certain condition and see what they do.
Provide tons of a certain type of supply, or eliminate the need for food, or bring Ruins drops/other items typically rare inĀ a public server base, or make a moon bridge and advise people of it existing when the Lunar Island became a thing, or just bring back the Stone Fruit/Kelp plants...ect ect.
Or like, rush a TelelocatorĀ and teleport bosses away, or play Wortox with the soul (HEH) purpose of using a zoom-out mod to teleport in and out of view, doing something unexpected in that fraction of a moment and making people wonder why I exist.
Stuff like that.
Experimenting on the general public gives me joy.

...the thing that ultimately brought me back to the game this time is an Endless world that I'm purposefully taking slow. I just hop into it toĀ knock out some idea whenever I feel like it.
The borders of my base creep ever farther across the land, sections of it steadily becoming ever so slightly more advanced, step-by-stepĀ progressing through game content to try and just...do everything I enjoy in one world, butĀ with zero stress involved.

Ā 

As long as I can make it into a new experience, I'm entertained.

Started a new world a few days ago where I played an in game year withĀ Wilson, and now in the second year I'm playing Willow. I want to experience a bit of every character in a laid back world instead of sticking to my comfort characters. I never knew how good Bernie was for casual shadow fuel farming until now.

DS/Shipwrecked/Hamlet/DST/DS Mobile/DS Shipwrecked Mobile: I play them all except NewHome.

Iā€™ve gotten more entertainment out of this franchise then any game I have ever bought, maybe itā€™s the way I play.. maybe itā€™s my stubborn cluelessness of things in the game: and then finally after months of a new feature being in the game, discovering what it is/what it does.

Or Maybe itā€™s just because each of the playable characters offer up a different and unique to them way of playing the game, so when Iā€™m bored of one character I can delete the world and start brand new as another (I donā€™t use character swapā€¦ I have this personal mindset of ā€œEverything I build or accomplish has to be done as the character I choose at the start.ā€)

TL:DR- your not going to find many 15$ games with as much content as the DS franchise.

Weather I play for hundreds of days in a good server or just one seasonĀ in a random pub that I'll never find again, I just enjoy playing Don't Starve Together. Out of all the dozens of games I played or watched being played, it's the only one that's stuck with me this much and I always return to, owing big part to the continued developer care and support with regular updates, great community (Especially some twitch streamers) and the beauty of the Social Rogue-lite adventure style of the gameplay. In a weird way, it feels like a culmination of all the video games I invested many hours in like Club Penguin, Team Fortress 2, Roblox, Plants vs Zombies, and even Mario Brothers. The elements of gameplay just stick together all too well in the randomness of playing different words with different people in them with different survivors.

Hello, I'm HowlVoid, and I'm a DST addict.

My father was an addict and his father, and his father. I've tried to break the cycle but when it's all you know, how can you?Ā 

I've lost my wife, children and parents over it. I'm a stranger to my friends and relatives, I've pushed everyone away and I have no one left. I'm afraid that one day I'll get in the game and I won't be able to get out.Ā 

I embarrass myself when I'm out and public and forget to speak like a normal human being. I'll talk in an assortment of out of tune instruments and people will look at me like I'm insane.

Last night I hit a new low and cried myself to sleep in harmonica. I can't go more than a few hours without needing a fix of meatballs. I can't control my body and I get jitters, I'll tie my shoes inĀ crafting animation,Ā I just don't know if someone like me can re-enter normal society ever again.Ā 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Hello, I'm HowlVoid, and I'm a DST addict.

My father was and addict and his father, and his father. I've tried to break the cycle but when it's all you know, how can you?Ā 

I've lost my wife, children and parents over it. I'm a stranger to my friends and relatives, I've pushed everyone away and I have no one left. I'm afraid that one day I'll get in the game and I won't be able to get out.Ā 

I embarrass myself when I'm out and public and forget to speak like a normal human being. I'll talk in an assortment of out of tune instruments and people will look at me like I'm insane.

Last night I hit a new low and cried myself to sleep in harmonica. I can't go more than a few hours without needing a fix of meatballs. I can't control my body and I get jitters, I'll tie my shoes inĀ crafting animation,Ā I just don't know if someone like me can re-enter normal society, ever again.Ā 

its ok there is light at the end of the tunnel there are people who can help you through this everything is going to be ok

This game enraptured me with its unique style, and I quickly became enthralled by its gameplay, I went on a journey to seeĀ all the content this game could offer, and I did. I love the gameplay so much that I can't decide which part is my favorite. I love this game and always look towards the next update.Ā 

There is no solo reason for why I love this game, I've done some (fun but fairly bad) speedrunning, base building and nearly everything in-between, I really love this game.

2 minutes ago, Dextops said:

No.

NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ NoĀ 

Archived