• Private worlds
    • Anywhere with friends
    • Alone......
  3. 3. Why

• Speedruns
    • Chill and play
    • Build
    • Because I enjoy this game

Should've been more options and multiple choice, honestly. I play for a variety of reasons.

I'm huge in the modding scene and I love making unique and interesting, and sometimes (mostly) dumb mods because they're funny.

I enjoy this series a lot and have been floating around in its orbit since before DST came out! I simply cannot get enough of it.

All the people that play alone or privately I will now side eye as I see you enjoy playing happily and peacefully in DST.Spongebob_Lifegard.jpg.72e1eb092e8a3d6e8d7354cf02f43566.jpg

jokes aside maradyne is the only one here I relate to out of all of you. I would play long worlds, join friends, join private worlds and endless worlds but those always ended up skipping 100's of days without me so I didn't enjoy missing out on all the inbetweens. So I was used to all of the game early, mid, end but my favorite was always the start when people pour into a fresh day 1 autumn chef-kiss.gif.e700300c247b13e18c177fc053647ca4.gif

So the chaos of public servers are my home. Making them last to absurd numbers with certain groups, helping out the noobs because someone had to educate and nurture the future of our community, going in with a goal and then leaving with a bang. I met alot of people this way, just jabbering on and so I made alot of good memories too even if it was a mess most of the time.

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

a server can be private+endless+solo...

Isn’t the easy mode people think it is, you can still die (especially to newer content updates) first encounter with RockJaw shark was a genuine jump scare for me, I died GG.. float back to Postern Respawn (with lowered health core) find ingredients for booster shot to repair health core, build a new boat, sail back out to sea recover your lost stuffs from the wreckage, oh and uhh die again.

playing with other people demanding me to do something I don’t want to actually do isn’t fun for me, it’s frustrating.. which is why I play mostly alone save for a few friends who know I’m gonna run off and do my own thing then maybe group back up later for a boss or to clear out a overgrown spider infestation.

7 minutes ago, Falkenpelz said:

I love how the poll implies that building or chilling in the game does NOT mean you enjoy it lol

I've seen people build the same mega base over and over before, same thing with boss speed running I question it myself whether they enjoy it but that wasn't my intention lol

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

sn’t the easy mode people think it is, you can still die

i said that because of the poll choices... nobody is judging difficulty

actually im starting to play in endless so i can get renewable berrybushes and to prevent losing the world forever in case i though i press pause but not (almost happend to me one time)

1. I love the horror elements like the insanity ambience, the creepy/cute designs of the characters, the shadows and the unique scratchy art style of the game. It's so full of personality that every time even a singular piece of lore is revealed, I'm immediately enamoured by it and always want to know more.
2. Wilson, everything about him. From his appearance, his unique personality, his hair and the silly puns he makes. Need I say more? :wilson_cool:
3. The game is both hauntingly desolate, challenging and has a strong sense of despair, yet as soon as your friend joins, they spawn 5000 crows and crash the server. DST is beautiful like that.

Archived