Are you tired of some DST sounds ?

Are you tired of some DST sounds ?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. How would you note DST HUD sounds ?

• ★★★★★
    • ★★★★☆
    • ★★★☆☆
    • ★★☆☆☆
    • ★☆☆☆☆
  2. 2. Would you want a dedicated audio pannel with more options ?

• Yeah
    • No

On 12/1/2021 at 12:45 AM, maradyne said:

..while we're here, I'd also appreciate if the game would pick up when headphones are connected/selected as the primary output on Windows 10. Other games do detect it.

This! My headphones are wireless and Bluetooth for Computers aren't the best so they tend to disconnect from time to time. I love the DST sounds and music too much to not immediately stop what I'm doing just to fix it and it's pretty annoying to have to fix it.

On 11/30/2021 at 4:47 PM, Falkenpelz said:

I agree with most of the stuff here, however, I think the insanity ambience is supposed to make you uncomfortable and shut out everything else - you're insane, after all.

Hm yes, if you are insane in the game you should be insane in real life, just like how if you die in the game you die in real life, this is how games work yes.

All jokes aside, the player’s experience shouldn’t be actively made worse or more uncomfortable because “it makes sense!!!”, that’s stupid.

6 minutes ago, dansorce said:

eh friends thanks for all your feedback really appreciated. Looks like we share some of the same annoyances. Me and Amanda will be doing a QOL on your suggestions. Keep'em coming!

can't wait for hud sounds skins in new QoL

Today I collected over 200 logs. Maybe even 300.
I was almost about to go insane. Pling pling pling...

Also earlier I was playing without headphones (some lil tech issue), so many sounds of game were caught by my microphone, so weregoose noise was making people insane.

What was the point of making the sanity sounds quieter? Isn't this supposed to be a punishment for not maintaining your stat. It really doesn't fit when you're at like ~30 sanity and the world is devoid of all color but the sanity sounds are so quiet it's like you're not even close to being insane

Just now, Mentos said:

What was the point of making the sanity sounds quieter? Isn't this supposed to be a punishment for not maintaining your stat. It really doesn't fit when you're at like ~30 sanity and the world is devoid of all color but the sanity sounds are so quiet it's like you're not even close to being insane

Point is to not headache players who are not masochist and play game for pleasure, not to be punished.

3 minutes ago, Notecja said:

Point is to not headache players who are not masochist and play game for pleasure, not to be punished.

u r right, they should also make you not drop items when you die and let you auto rez as much as you'd like. having to go back to where you died just to get all your items is such a headache you know

3 minutes ago, Mentos said:

u r right, they should also make you not drop items when you die and let you auto rez as much as you'd like. having to go back to where you died just to get all your items is such a headache you know

Ambient sounds are not part of the gameplay, that's why they're ambient sounds, we should be able to decide if we want or not to have the invasive ones, that comment do be useless I think.

21 minutes ago, Rafi. said:

Ambient sounds are not part of the gameplay, that's why they're ambient sounds, we should be able to decide if we want or not to have the invasive ones, that comment do be useless I think.

but they're literally part of the game you play lol. You were always free to decide, the workshop was part of the game for years. my point is insanity should sound like insanity not like a mild schizophrenic dozed off in a classroom while the teacher is explaining the phytagorean theorem in the background

I don't mind inventory movement sounds as much as I do with hearing that annoying *ding* sound every time I pick something up

Also, that WX overcharge sound annoys crap the out of me

Sometimes those ambient sounds get repetitive and annoying

I'm talking only about the insanity ambiance, that's the only ambient sound that annoys me if I hear it too much

On 11/30/2021 at 4:58 PM, SonicDen220 said:

Clicking sounds don't bother me, but the "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding ding" when you pick up a lot of items (like logs after walking a Bearger through a forest or manure after feeding a werepig several stacks of food) can drive me a bit insane.

Yeah, more audio settings would be nice. Like, the insanity noises being separate from world ambience for example.

I'm not overly bothered by the pick up sound although it can get a bit annoying but it drives my partner absolutely crazy if she can hear it or I have volume on while she's around. Last time she heard me doing a Bearger clean up she got pretty frustrated :lol:

Often I'll play without any sound to just avoid annoying sounds like this one altogether, as long as it's past Bearger spawning in Autumn or Deerclops spawning in Winter no sound isn't so bad. It's sad though because there are many sounds/songs I do rather enjoy in the game but there are just as many I dislike unfortunately. 

Don't get me started on Lucy.. I legit don't play Woodie ever because Lucy is just nightmarishly bad.. I hate her noises so much >=(

On 11/30/2021 at 9:36 PM, Capybara007 said:

Not hud sounds but, the critter/manure/insanity sounds, ugh

Vargling is super quiet and a thousand times more tolerable than any other pet I've tried.

Sometimes I turn the game's sound down when I need to collect a lot of items from the floor because the ding ding ding sound hurts my ears. I also do the same for the insanity sound, insanity sound is unpleasent because it feels too high for my years. 

I'm fine with most of the other sounds,  I find them to be good or at least tolerable.

7 hours ago, Picklesaurus said:

Sometimes I turn the game's sound down when I need to collect a lot of items from the floor because the ding ding ding sound hurts my ears. I also do the same for the insanity sound, insanity sound is unpleasent because it feels too high for my years. 

I'm fine with most of the other sounds,  I find them to be good or at least torerable.

It's not ideal but if you turn off ambient noises in the game's settings it silences the insanity wowowowowewewewoowowo sound. 

Archived