All perks aside, who would you play?

Who would you play if no character had any powers, or anything unique about them?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you play if no character had any powers, or anything unique about them?

• Wendy
    • Wigfrid
    • Wartox
    • WX
    • Winona
    • Webber
    • Wilson
    • Warly
    • Woodie
    • Wormwood
    • Wes
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Wickerbottom
    • Wurt
    • Maxwell
    • Wolfgang
    • Willow
  2. 2. Is this different then the character you play most now?

• Yes
    • No

Imagine there are zero character perks.  The only things you get via character selection is a sprite, and quotes to flavor the scene.  Nothing else is unique between characters...

Who would you play?  And would it be different then who you play now?

I would probably continue with all my current preferences: Wendy, Webber, Wurt and Wormwood. I like all their designs, regardless of their perks. Not sure if that's because I picked them for their designs, or if I simply got acclimated to them via exposure.

However, I might add Winona to that list. I love her design and personality, but with her current perks (or lack thereof) I can't bring myself to use her.

I think its an interesting subject because my first love of the game came from playing Willow.  If I didn't know about Willow I might not have ever played the game.  I found out about Wes while playing and also loved him, especially his complete lack of advantageous mechanics.  I dabbled with the rest of the cast, but these two were obviously my favs.  Since Wanda was release she's taken up a lot of my DST play time, but with her its mostly a mechanical affair.  If Willow or Wes were function-less skins I'd stick with them through the whole game.  If Wanda didn't have her her risk / reward mechanics I doubt she'd be getting much time from me...

Just wondered how much other player's play styles were dictated by flavor vs mechanics, and which characters win the hearts <3 Its cool to see there is a split, I guess I'm not alone in whoring myself out to the OPBS that is Wanda lol

I know that my presence on the forums has definitely left that impression, but I am really interested in Norse mythology, Viking culture and literature and therefore me and the silly actress are basically on the same wavelength. I'd still play her because we share common interests.

In fact, I am that one person to pick up, say, her quote on crows, and start endlessly elaborating on the connection between ravens and Valkyries, their symbolism in sagas, etc...

My answer still depends on if skins are an option or if we’re talking default looks only.. because personally I hate every characters default looks and skins have completely spoiled me.

But if we’re picking based on Default looks- Wortox.

If we are picking based on available skins: Wendy.

Archived