Halloween 2021 Costume and Fan Art Event

On 10/29/2021 at 12:05 AM, Who am i said:

Can i in theory submit more then 1 photo?And if yes, will i get bonus skin for that?

With their arsenal of artwork I imagine @minespatch would crash the whole economy if they could endlessly trade art for skins. 

Edited by W0l0l0
  • Haha 10

I'm sorry to bother you, but I haven't found an answer to my question elsewhere. At what time interval are skins distributed? I sent my work and it was approved, I even found it on Day 2, it's great, but I haven't received the skin yet, I understand that there are a lot of participants and works, but still, how long should I wait for the reward?

• Sad Dupe 1

• Developer
1 hour ago, USB_LampochkA said:

I'm sorry to bother you, but I haven't found an answer to my question elsewhere. At what time interval are skins distributed? I sent my work and it was approved, I even found it on Day 2, it's great, but I haven't received the skin yet, I understand that there are a lot of participants and works, but still, how long should I wait for the reward?

The skin should precede you being featured. Please DM your KU_ to me and I'll look into it!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/28/2021 at 3:43 PM, Wendy C. said:

Just submitted mine. 
It's literally just me sitting in the grass outside with a sign, but I thought it looked cute.

Ah man I really wanted that one, but I got the werewolf wolfgang. I wish there was some sort of trading mechanic for xbox, like steam has.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:49 AM, Another membe said:

Mine included a pipspook, and I got a Wendy skin for it.

You may be right.

I think it's random I got werewolf from a drawing of webber.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2021 at 11:05 AM, JoeW said:

We will be accepting submissions between October 28th and November 2nd (Pacific Time).

Just to confirm - is the deadline the start or end of November 2nd? I want to make sure I'm giving people the right cutoff time haha
(i.e. November 2nd 12:00am PDT or November 2nd 11:59pm PDT)

2 hours ago, vuphan.art said:

This event may fail because I see it's easy to steal. Next year should replace this with competition with process work. And winner creative contents maybe add into game contents later. It's should more meaningful and better than this.

No.. anyone who participates “wins” there’s no competition here.. your not competing against anyone, but rather showing us your holiday spirit for the Season of Spooky.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, vuphan.art said:

This event may fail because I see it's easy to steal. Next year should replace this with competition with process work. And winner creative contents maybe add into game contents later. It's should more meaningful and better than this.

You're missing the point. 

• Like 2

@Mike23Ua, @Wendy C. Ok. Stealing and get skin is “holiday spirit” and “the point”. I know this for everyone to enjoy holiday and get goodie. But after that? There’s no after that…

Note: If you enjoy it just enjoy. This is just only my opinion and suggested.”. I just want something better and the way to avoid the bad behavior of submitters 

Edited by vuphan.art
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

1 hour ago, vuphan.art said:

@Mike23Ua, @Wendy C. Ok. Stealing and get skin is “holiday spirit” and “the point”. I know this for everyone to enjoy holiday and get goodie. But after that? There’s no after that…

This "contest" was created by a development team of Good Samaritans for the fun and enjoyment of children, teenagers, and a few adults. 
What would you rather the prize have been? Money? Fame? Immortality? Klei has nothing to offer, let alone give, beyond a few skins. 
They have said ad nauseum that they want to give skins away. They're not here to judge what art is good or bad, simply that it was done in good faith. 
Yes, there has been one confirmed cheater among the submissions, and that is very poor news. 
But it is also betwixt dozens and dozens and dozens of stick-figure crayon smears, photographs, pencil sketches, oil paintings, and general silliness that is to be expected from a group of excited fans. 
I'm not sorry that you're disappointed. I pity your shallowness. Perhaps the judge should have taken an extra minute-or-so to check the picture in question, but as stated previously they are very eager to give treats to their fans this week, regardless of what tricks they may suffer for it. 

The "After That" of getting the skin, is called having fun.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

@Wendy C. I'm not here for you to judgement me to show your support and stand with the side of the staff.  So don't mind me if you don't like my suggestion for better things. I don't need your pity for me. Oh, or that way you want to depress other show your wit?  Don't be a jerk, okay? I didn't say this event good or bad. I just say it may fail because it make a chance for not good behavior. There is a lot of steal art behind before staff approve it and there a chance when staff miss it..

Just stay on your angel side. And let's me stay in dark and evil side. And again, I totally fine and don't need your mercy, dear kindness.

Edited by vuphan.art
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 1

23 minutes ago, vuphan.art said:

let's me stay in dark and evil side. And again, I totally fine and don't need your mercy, dear kindness.

Heehee, on that note, everyone and everything in the Universe is going to die. 
Absolutely nothing matters except for what you choose to hold precious. 
I choose to hold on to the ONE thing that ever truly brought me happiness, my dear sister. 

Life is meaningless, and it's far too short to waste time and effort on things you don't care for. 
So either be happy or don't. It doesn't matter to me which one you are. 

Have a good Autumn if you choose, and I'll have mine. Let us see how far it takes us. 

Edited by Wendy C.
  • Haha 3
  • Wavey 1

Sent my submission, started working on it once it was announced and finally it is at a state of acceptable.  I'm not an artist to be sure, I spent way too much time looking at my hands trying to draw some.  Fingers are weird.  They get even weirder when you see some that are in the uncanny valley.

3 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

What would you rather the prize have been? Money? Fame? Immortality?

I wouldn't mind a tall mug of immortality in the morning.

Though I think some of us will achieve a type of it with this event.  Memories are forever.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Help! I sent my paint yesterday, it looks like this:

ae66668527786d04.png

but i don't receive anything, so i tried again today.

Then i saw this

Your previous submission has been banned and you are not allowed to make another submission.

What happened and what should i do?

• Like 1
  • Sad Dupe 3

1 hour ago, Wendy C. said:

I know I'm certainly not going to be remembered forever from this. I'm the type who is easily forgotten. 

Story of my life.. and I’m not just talking about ex girlfriends, even what should have been my own family & relatives forgot me. Literally the only people I have in my life is my Dad, my sister, my grandmother & my two best friends because the REST of my family/friends cast me out a long time ago.

Its why I stay active on these forums all the time, I get to chat with random strangers and somewhat connect with them through the game I enjoy playing.

Ive had casual conversations with Devs in their free time, I’ve contributed plenty of funny Meme’s to the Maxwell Memes, being here with you guys (yes even those of you who like to be mean & try to insult me for whatever reason..) It helps me forget my terrible past and let’s me look forward to a brighter future. I actually enjoy waking up to check these forums to see the Festive arts people have done for this Holiday season.

Before I turn this into a TL:DR- the kindest people you will meet on this planet are more then most likely the ones who have gone through a lot of dark times.. people aren’t just BORN nice- they have to see a lot of ugly stuff they don’t agree with so that they can better appreciate the good things that they do or someday will have.

It is a shame that some people resort to stealing other peoples art, especially when you can quite literally just throw a roll of toilet paper over a balloon and write Klei Halloween 2021 on it to be approved.. I guess some people are just so incredibly lazy that they would rather cheat then to do some very low effort submission of their own.

Ehhh regardless- we can’t let a few bad seeds ruin the festivities either.. so let’s just appreciate the ones who did try, and leave things to Klei to sort out the ones who didn’t :) 

Halloween Maybe over, but Hallowed Nights is still active- and in past years Hallowed Nights has remained Active until WintersFeast Started.. November 2nd is the last day for these art submissions, which is tomorrow, I wonder if that is also when we will get more news about the upcoming November game update?  Because I’m quite literally considering that: Hallowed Nights Part 2.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Wavey 1

5 hours ago, kila said:

Help! I sent my paint yesterday, it looks like this:

but i don't receive anything, so i tried again today.

Then i saw this

Your previous submission has been banned and you are not allowed to make another submission.

What happened and what should i do?

Can you DM me your Klei User ID so I can check into it? https://accounts.klei.com/account/info

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1