What pair of characters would you say have the least synergy?

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

What the actual ... It works fine now was that changed recently or is this because of Hallowed Nights?

This has been the case since Webber was added to the game back in 2014. 
For some reason it's a very commonly held urban legend that Webber cannot trade, and it always surprises people when they learn he in fact can. 

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

eggs are actually a nice way to increase the potency of a berry to a fistfull of jam, turning the normally 12.5 hunger berry into a 37.5 hunger dish at the cost of a very disposable 3 monster meats.

Actually it's 49.9 hunger for Wurt because of the 33% hunger bonus, but the point stands regardless.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I suppose they can use all that to make gunpowder and rush some boss fights, but the Nitre usage goes against webber getting spitters, and also the two characters that have specialized raid boss killing powers, blowing up raid bosses, also sounds meh.

Meanwhile I just bring a stack of eggs, a stack of bundling wraps and a full Webby Whistle into the caves whenever I need easy spitters, and spending ~2 days in the caves usually nets me enough for 5-6 boss fights before I have to go get more. I usually use nitre for my salt licks because I'm too lazy to ride my beefalo once I've fully tamed it haha 

1 hour ago, Masked Koopa said:

Wurt is the only one who can't trade with pig king, because her downside has nothing to do with monsters - it's a specific mutual hatred between pigs and merms. Webber can trade with pig king, as can Wortox, and webber's ability to amass eggs with the help of spiders means he can rack up plenty of gold.

I also disagree with @ShadowDuelist on wurt not having use for monster meat - eggs are actually a nice way to increase the potency of a berry to a fistfull of jam, turning the normally 12.5 hunger berry into a 37.5 hunger dish at the cost of a very disposable 3 monster meats.

honestly, who will waste time feeding a bird and later cooking for getting less hunger than a meatball when rwys farms exists

no, weeber and wurt are an horrible and reduntant combo, not as bad as weeber+wendy but almost

Maybe Wormwood and Wanda? Healing food is wasted on both of them, old Wanda and normal Wormwood have problems farming wood, Wormwoods farming perks don't benefit two characters who could just eat meatballs and they really don't seem compatible as people, with Wanda being constantly on the run and Wormwood just kind of clinging to her in desperate need of friends..

1 hour ago, Wendy C. said:

This has been the case since Webber was added to the game back in 2014. 
For some reason it's a very commonly held urban legend that Webber cannot trade, and it always surprises people when they learn he in fact can. 

Holy moly its Mandela Effect all over again.

Cause i legit remember not being able to trade as Webber.

1 hour ago, Falkenpelz said:

Maybe Wormwood and Wanda? Healing food is wasted on both of them, old Wanda and normal Wormwood have problems farming wood, Wormwoods farming perks don't benefit two characters who could just eat meatballs and they really don't seem compatible as people, with Wanda being constantly on the run and Wormwood just kind of clinging to her in desperate need of friends..

I don't think so, Wanda being able to amass shadow fuel is of great benefit to Wormwood. She makes acquiring night armor and dark swords a breeze since normally gathering shadowfuel as Wormwood is painstakingly slow. Wormwood on the other hand has very little to offer Wanda in terms of something new she doesn't already have. That has more to do with how independent Wanda is though.

At the very least Wormwood's mushroom planters could assist her in quickly changing her health (lowering it) and sanity. He also helps get a large bulk of suncallers/mooncallers and deconstruction staffs early on, which helps everyone really. 

Wanda and wormwood doesn’t sound too bad tbh. Wormwood can easily produce living logs for Wanda’s revival watches or dark swords (dark swords are especially good as old wanda, even if they are outclassed by the watch weapon). Additionally, wormwood can easily manage his sanity by demolishing/planting plants, allowing him to obtain tons of nightmare fuel, which wanda players can never have enough of. Also, because wanda doesn’t benefit from jellybeans, wormwood can keep al the jellybeans to himself, and he needs them more than anyone else. Also hypothetically a wormwood could just convert all his hp into living logs, die, then get revived by Wanda’s revival watch to repeat the process and get infinite living logs. However, assuming you aren’t using multiple revival watches, this is only around 1 living logs every 2 minutes, which isn’t very efficient.

Wanda and Wigfrid sound pretty bad, Wigfrids songs don't help Wanda at all, her sanity gain from fighting stops Wanda from having more fuel to toy with, her spear gets no use, Wanda can trivialize small combat, so instead of Wigfrid getting health from small mobs, that doesn't happen.

Two combat character who don't help each other in any way is pretty bad tbh.

27 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

Worst synergy in the game is Wilson + Wx 78 because now you have two characters with no perks lol.

the best winter survivors, there is no blizzard that can stop them

edit: The only thing that wanda offers to the team is damage, no wasting healing resources and quick travelling, it can help everybody but doesnt psinergies with anything. And for how idependent is wanda, as howlvoid said, she doesnt get benefits from anybody

Monster characters (Webber, Wurt, Wortox) are the only characters capable of pairing poorly with people, but even they can pair fine with anyone if they don't place their monsters too close and non-monsters don't have friendly creatures wandering around.

11 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Monster characters (Webber, Wurt, Wortox) are the only characters capable of pairing poorly with people, but even they can pair fine with anyone if they don't place their monsters too close and non-monsters don't have friendly creatures wandering around.

Wortox?

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Weeber can trade. All monster characters can, wurt is the exception and not because she is a monster, she isnt since she is a merm, but for lore reasons

Actually Wurt isn't tagged as a monster as such she won't be attacked for being a monster by other mobs outside of pigs.

31 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Edit the only reason I bring this up is her disguise can remove the monster tag from webber and wortox.

Hmm, I would probably say Wanda and Wortox. They don't really do anything that helps the other that much. Wortox can't heal her, and aside from the occasional ruins rift portal, she doesn't aid him much either. That and the fact that they can kinda already do similar things (both can heal themselves and both can teleport).

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

the best winter survivors, there is no blizzard that can stop them

Cool, except there are no blizzards in the game. :P

Wilson's beard is nice as it allows a few more minutes of warmth buts that's about all he has if your not prone to constantly dying. 

Wx-78 has to sacrifice his first born every time he wants to be overcharged. 

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Pretty sure Wilson synergies well with Willow- as he can passively give her ingredients for Bernie.

Willow is so much better than Wilson at getting beard hair that it's not really a synergy

1 full health Bernie and a Willow with a ham bat and football helmet are more than enough to tank and kill the beardlord villages.

Willow can get 16 hairs a night while Wilson gets .6 per night passively.

1 hour ago, HumanBean150 said:

Wortox?

Wortox can't place monsters of his own but other players can still place things that are hostile to him. Not a problem if nobody has wandering pigs for no reason, but from what I've seen people really like wandering pigs for no reason.

4 hours ago, Erineyes7 said:

Wanda and Wigfrid sound pretty bad, Wigfrids songs don't help Wanda at all, her sanity gain from fighting stops Wanda from having more fuel to toy with, her spear gets no use, Wanda can trivialize small combat, so instead of Wigfrid getting health from small mobs, that doesn't happen.

Two combat character who don't help each other in any way is pretty bad tbh.

A tank and a glass cannon together? Honestly sounds like one of the better combos.

15 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

Wilson has the benefit of very easily making Meat Effigies

Anyone can get insane and kill 2 bunnies. It's super easy, doesn't require almost any preperation, nor searching, since bunnies are often right at the stairs, as is either blue or green mushtrees for going insane.

Can confirm from experience, as much as they are friends, Wendy plus Webber is a bad combination unless you're both really careful about where you put your respective NPC allies. All it takes is one wild spider wandering past Abigail and next thing you know all your carefully placed walls are destroyed and the entire place is overrun with spitters and nurses.

Archived