I hope we won't see the difficulty increased for all characters because a new or a refreshed character again.

After Webber refreshed, when fighting Spider Queens, we now have to deal with Nurse Spiders with 400 hp and capable of healing their master for 150 hp every 8 seconds. As I clean up a newly spawned Nurse Spider (it already healed its queen for 150 as it spawned) and swing maybe 2-3 times at Spider Queen, she just spawn another new spider, and I have to pull back to kill spider again. Even in the best scenario, a Nurse Spider can still negate my damage in a cycle, making the fight harder and a lot longer, which is very annoying.

And because of Wanda, many creatures can’t be stunlock now. There isn't much difference for her as she always stays at range but for other characters that need to stay melee, now they have higher risk of taking more damage. I often use Thulecite Club to fight Ancient Guardian, I can hit it 2-3 times until it start charging before the update, now I can only hit it once (very rarely twice). Additionally, Shadow Tentacles used to able to interrupt Ancient Guardian's charge, but they can't now.

I gotta agree nurse spiders are completely insane if you dont have mid/end game gear or ridiculous powers like double damage or a ghost with you.

nerf them to 200 hp please

im fine with other mobs not being lockable. It was always tick-reliant and inconsistent. 

I think these changes are intentional and are here to stay, I also think with things like characters reworked abilities that make them even better than they used to be, being able to get a beefalo as early as Day one by ringing a bell by its ear and with reduced crafting costs of Marble Armor down from 12 marble needed to only 6.. that the game should 100% be allowed to get harder in Areas.

My opinion will be an unpopular one because I’ve come to accept that people just don’t like change.

You can just lure them into some grass traps and insta kill them. It's kinda more practical when killing spider queen... Honestly it's not a bad way to incorporate on using basic traps to deal with her. Costs grass and twigs anyway. 150 hp isn't too much to deal with when you got a good weapon. At least it's not Fuelweaver level of 400 hp per woven shadow eaten lmao.

14 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think these changes are intentional and are here to stay, I also think with things like characters reworked abilities that make them even better than they used to be, being able to get a beefalo as early as Day one by ringing a bell by its ear and with reduced crafting costs of Marble Armor down from 12 marble needed to only 6.. that the game should 100% be allowed to get harder in Areas.

My opinion will be an unpopular one because I’ve come to accept that people just don’t like change.

I can accept the change, but after I try to practice using Thulecite Club and Magiluminescence to kill Ancient Guardian to protect my Guardian’s Horn, it’s just because of wanda, I will have to relearn how to kill Ancient Guardian, Ancient Guardian and even It has nothing to do with wanda.:wilson_cry:

The average character power level is getting much higher and it's likely kiel is going to revisit some of the weaker refreshed characters at some point so this shouldn't stay a issue. Also as previously stated baskets work wonders but also just don't let her build up her army that too works very well.

Edit: Just take her spiders out one at an time her birthing isn't as fast as you'd think or bring some followers like pigmen.

1 hour ago, Baark0 said:

maybe dont go fighting queens when you're underprepared? they're still a boss, not the hardest boss, but a boss nonethless

They are not a “Boss” they’re more like Elite Tier common enemies, and since a not too long ago recent patch: Any spider den left unattended to for too long at Tier 3 will turn into a Spider Queen, when you have like 8 of these roaming around where your base used to be, they are not a boss they’re just harder to kill.

A Boss would be something like Bearger or Deerclops, you don’t see these guys all over everywhere, and they have large health pools.

Spider Queen is easy kill even with just a spear and some grass traps to catch her baby spiders in.

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

when you have like 8 of these roaming around

There is a cap of how many can be present near each other (4 dens/queens according to the wiki).

A Boss would be something like Bearger or Deerclops, you don’t see these guys all over everywhere, and they have large health pools.

Spider Queen is easy kill even with just a spear and some grass traps to catch her baby spiders in.

She's a mini-boss. The game confirms her being a boss by having her drop multiple souls for Wortox.

6 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

GOOD take

There's always the option of leaving the Spider Queen alone for 1.5 days and let it grow into a tier 1 den. That's what I would do if I know that I have a difficulty fighting it anyway.

I do agree with Mike23Ua that the changes are intentional yet necessary, and some changes, albeit frustrating, is what makes the game more interesting, since we as players can think of new and exciting ways to adapt to said changes.

I haven't really noticed much of a difference with the fight. Nurse comes out, heals queen once, dies, now the queen takes like two more hits to kill. I like it, though, because now the spider queen has more of a threat. If you don't handle the spiders properly it'll become a problem and she'll start healing a considerable amount. Much more interesting fight, I'd love if more bland bosses got some touch-ups like this.

Also, the power of the enemies rising by a small amount isn't really that big of a deal when the power of the players has been rising by an exponentially greater amount. Look at characters before & after their reworks, especially Wendy & Webber himself.

7 minutes ago, douan33 said:

Then do pillar cheese until it is low health, then lure it to the mid?

No, blow it up with some nice almost totally free slurtle slime.. (not fully blow up but low enough health so 2-3 hits kill it on off) easy as pie to accomplish- and no pillar cheese.

Just now, douan33 said:

Attack for 120 then lure to the mid. I don't even know how using what weapon is relevant.

Ham Bat's attack power will decrease due to time.
Thulecite Club will spawn Shadow Tentacles, causing him to lose more HP.

If I learn how to attack his remaining HP in the middle (I don't even know how much it will be), then I can hit him directly in the middle from the beginning.

Archived