I hope we won't see the difficulty increased for all characters because a new or a refreshed character again.

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, blow it up with some nice almost totally free slurtle slime.. (not fully blow up but low enough health so 2-3 hits kill it on off) easy as pie to accomplish- and no pillar cheese.

200 snurtle slime (without taking in count if AG has explosive resistance like other bosses) isnt free unless you are in late game and you can feed snurtles with some stacks of gems

8 minutes ago, HanTears said:

Ham Bat's attack power will decrease due to time.
Thulecite Club will spawn Shadow Tentacles, causing him to lose more HP.

If I learn how to attack his remaining HP in the middle (I don't even know how much it will be), then I can hit him directly in the middle from the beginning.

Hambat's damage, will decrease 0.74 damage in 2 minutes. You can calculate it by assuming it is 58 damage per second, so you should be able to deal around 7000 damage in 120 seconds, 3000 healthish Ancient Guardian is way more fun and easier to run around with in the middle.

13 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

No, blow it up with some nice almost totally free slurtle slime.. (not fully blow up but low enough health so 2-3 hits kill it on off) easy as pie to accomplish- and no pillar cheese.

And how much Slurtle Slime do we need for that? 20? 30? 95? 3? I thought bosses (except the ones that were just added) gain resistance overtime. So if you could provide some number it would be amazinxbox.

Okay well for one, blowing things up is a valid method to kill bosses.. because not only do you need to spend absurd amounts of time collecting the resources, but you also need to place those explosives and then kite the enemy into them, and all while detonating from a safe distance away from them.

However- the Wiki will tell you how much “Ka-Boom” you need to bring:

https://dontstarve-archive.fandom.com/wiki/Ancient_Guardian#:~:text=Ancient Guardian Health , 5 4 more rows

Klei may eventually change this fight so this method is no longer valid, but for now all you need is a nice stack of 50 slurtle slime (or significantly less if gunpowder) and then maybe a nice fire staff to detonate it from a distance.

It is highly important to note that a enemy with “Ka-Boom Resistance” can STILL be “Ka-Boomed” by simply splitting the stacks up so they detonate at different intervals rather than ALL AT ONCE.

AKA- 3 different placed storage chests full of Kaboom will negate all anti-kaboom mechanisms.

Whats my fascination with Kaboom you ask? Im that one guy in all the shooter games you probably play who deviously places the Claymores, landmines and C4 charges for you to yell at your screen in anger at.

And I’ve been doing that since Battlefield 1- So I’m pretty much an expert at setting up explosives and Luring enemies into them in any and all video games that give me Things that go Ka-Boom.

The TL:DR- Anti-Kaboom resistance means NOTHING when you bring enough Kaboom and detonate it one by one.

Is it as effective as just changing to Wolfgang and punching it dead in a couple seconds? Of course not… but it sure as heck is FUN!

18 minutes ago, HanTears said:

If I learn how to attack his remaining HP in the middle (I don't even know how much it will be), then I can hit him directly in the middle from the beginning.

You just need to count how many hits you do for the cheese before you lure him back into the middle to finish him off.

The minimum number of hits from both the Hambat and Thule-Club to kill AG is around 172, give or take. So just count your way up to 140-150 and finish him off with the usual way you fight him if you are afraid that you over-DPS-ed during the cheese part, and there won't be a problem losing his horn. I'm siding with douan33 when he says that the type of weapon is irrelevant when it's more of a technique issue here.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Klei may eventually change this fight so this method is no longer valid, but for now all you need is a nice stack of 50 slurtle slime (or significantly less if gunpowder) and then maybe a nice fire staff to detonate it from a distance.

These are DS ancient guardian stats... in DST he has 10000hp so you will need almost 200 as i said

Okay well for one, blowing things up is a valid method to kill bosses.. because not only do you need to spend absurd amounts of time collecting the resources, but you also need to place those explosives and then kite the enemy into them, and all while detonating from a safe distance away from them.

Nobody said is invalid just grindy. More than that "absurd amounts of time collecting resources". Farming enough snurle slime or gun powder for killing a non seasonal boss takes a lot of boring time

Gunpowder was used since the very start of DS. Not a bad method but is grindy, more than fighting legit or with other cheese methods (even if you always exagerates how much resources are needed)

The TL:DR- Anti-Kaboom resistance means NOTHING when you bring enough Kaboom and detonate it one by one

What? It means since you will need to wait to explote more. Why would someone use an explosive 1 by 1 (you dont need to put one by one but since is what you said... (missinformation as always instead of trying things to give good advices)) instead of just hitting to deal more damage? Do you put to sleep/freeze everytime you wanna burn 1 piece of gunpowder?  Als you will need to know hw the fight works to know when or where to place the gun powder or if the enemy can be stopped by something like pan flute

Did you even tried the mothod?

I have seen more noobs diying by the explosion or by not knowing how to keep fighting the boss after missing the explosion for few pixels of distance that idk how worth it is

I used a lot of gun powder back in the day to make fights shorter, i like that klei give us that tool

If anything, DST should get a bit more attention on its Survival side as opposed to the quite-buffed Sanbox lane - needs a bit more difficulty, at least in end-game and/or with passing of seasons, aka progression. What you mention, OP, barely qualifies and has, as others stated already, easy counter-measures: for Nurse Spiders, aside Traps, can just lure them further from Queens and mush them - they basically none but sit there taking it like a chum. AG am sure will be reworked now, post-Wanda release. Also some of the stunlock mechanisms have been reverted. Is all good, you'll manage well in the end with practice.

1 hour ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

200 snurtle slime (without taking in count if AG has explosive resistance like other bosses) isnt free unless you are in late game and you can feed snurtles with some stacks of gems

You can, as Walter, to give them stacks of Poop Pellets for same effect: Snail Slime (1 Manure = 10 Manure Pellets = 10 Slimes).

1 minute ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

If anything, DST should get a bit more attention on its Survival side as opposed to the quite-buffed Sanbox lane - needs a bit more difficulty, at least in end-game and/or with passing of seasons, aka progression. What you mention, OP, barely qualifies and has, as others stated already, easy counter-measures: for Nurse Spiders, aside Traps, can just lure them further from Queens and mush them - they basically just sit there taking it like a chum. AG am sure will be reworked now, post-Wanda release. Also some of the stunlock mechanisms have been reverted. Is all good, you'll manage well in the end with practice.

You can, as Walter, to just give them stacks of Poop Pellets for same effect: Snail Slime (1 Manure = 10 Manure Pellets = 10 Slimes).

Right i forget but if you are playing walter isnt just better to shot him since he cant hit you (didnt try thr slingshot fight after mobs stunlock fix)? 

Just now, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Right i forget but if you are playing walter isnt just better to shot him since he cant hit you (didnt try thr slingshot fight after mobs stunlock fix)? 

Can, but is a bit costly (I believe ~30 Gold, doable but early game has better uses). While for Slurtle Slime you'll need a stack of Poop, aka 20 Ferns/Light Bulbs, 4 MM and a Pig.

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

play wilson you'll feel nurse spiders pretty quick

I play character without combat perks, i didnt notice any difference killing a spider that can be stunlocked

Edit: if someone has problems with spider queen i suggest to bring an ice staff so you can freeze her and kill her minions if she overwhelms you

1 minute ago, Well-met said:

yeah well I didn't need an icestaff before to solo a queen with wilson, that's the point. The game is harder now, as the topic explains.

Neither me, is a tip for players that have problems with her

I dont see the difference between killing a 400hp spider than can be stunlocked vs killing a spider warrior with 400hp that cant be stunlocked

The game didnt change the difficulty for such small change, just  the opposite. We have more and better perks and items, the game is easier even for wilson with the new food sources, weapons, mechanics and tools

2 minutes ago, Horsheen said:

Spider Queen is now an RNG based boss, and having constant streams of nurse spiders because you got unlucky blows

Like how before you could deal with 4 spider warriors  in a row...

People are afraid of changes

I dont see the difference between killing a 400hp spider than can be stunlocked vs killing a spider warrior with 400hp that cant be stunlocked

The game didnt change the difficulty for such small change, just  the opposite. We have more and better perks and items, the game is easier even for wilson with the new food sources, weapons, mechanics and tools

the nurse isn't going to be alone. It's a queen, she makes more spiders.

normally you would simply target nurses first, but a nurse with 400 health heals itself 150 every couple seconds. 150 hits is 5 spear hits. Now add some multiplayer lag to make sure you get bit all the time and it adds up pretty dramatically.

6 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Nurse spiders significantly slow down the fight, warrior spiders don't.

Though I just despise the boss anyway

8 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it's fairly simple to herd warriors in a single pack and make them all leap at once and profit from their huge cooldown. can't be said for the nurse

8 minutes ago, Well-met said:

by the time she spawn a new one the healer will be down so, if you let her acumulate spiders is your fault. That was already a thing before weeber rework

9 minutes ago, Well-met said:

normally you would simply target nurses first, but a nurse with 400 health heals itself 150 every couple seconds. 150 hits is 5 spear hits. Now add some multiplayer lag to make sure you get bit all the time and it adds up pretty dramatically.

so even with a spear, why the hell are you using a spear for fighting?, you will kill her before she heals since she heals every 8 seconds(?)

also, if you let the nurse follow you, she wont heal the queen since will be out of range

5 minutes ago, Horsheen said:

Nurse spiders significantly slow down the fight, warrior spiders don't.

Though I just despise the boss anyway

just because you say. For me warriors make the fight longer since you have to kite them so you lose dps

she might be more difficult now but in so slight that isnt noticeable unless you try to kill spiders with day 2 gear i guess (like pre weeber rework...)

also spiderqueen are being a joke with all these aoe characters

so even with a spear, why the hell are you using a spear for fighting?

don't starve's simplistic combat design makes everything beatable with a spear in theory (despite the atrociously long time it would require for some mobs)

if an encounter can't be achieved without having your damage completely erased every moment or so then it is flawed.

27 minutes ago, Well-met said:

I mean you could hire some pigs also if I remember right the cool down on their healing is 8 seconds and again most of the difficulty is negated by simply making sure her followers are killed quickly she doesn't make them particularly fast and from my experience(could be luck) she doesn't produce nurses super often. 

I honestly started avoiding spiderqueens altogether since the webber refresh.

Before nurses were added spiderqueens were annoying to kill but you can at least chip down their health over time.

Now what can happen is you just get several nurse spawns in a row and by the time they're dead, a good chunk of health taken will be refilled, which makes the fight significantly slower than if she just spawned several warriors.

It's a shame too because nurse spiders are really good for webber and fun to use, but become really really cumbersome to deal with when used against you in a way where, at least for me, beating spiderqueen is now less satisfying and more a feeling of "finally she's dead".
Granted it wasn't much more satisfying before anyway, but still I am not a fan of how nurses change the pace when fighting spiderqueens.

As for the stunlock change I do agree as well that this just unnecessarily makes basic tasks harder for anybody besides wanda just because you could stunlock some bosses using her alarming clock.

I don't understand why that wasn't just changed for whip type weapons and had to be done on a global basis.

Both these things don't add a fair difficulty or challenge to the game in my eyes, they just make things that were fairly basic in the past really annoying now.
I get spiderqueen is a miniboss, but just because we have bosses on the level of beequeen doesn't mean that less difficult bosses have to be made harder, especially not if characters are changed to be ""op"", which they aren't even just because the game doesn't punish you for everything you do as x character now. Same goes for the stunlocking changes; just because day to day combat is not a constant struggle and characters get improved doesn't mean we need to make it harder for the sake of making it harder.

Remember that not everybody is as skilled as you at the game and that with how dst works, lag is a huge factor amongst all this, so by making basic tasks more difficult like this you not only alienate existing players, you also just put another obstacle in the way of newer players which honestly sucks imo. Especially if its justified with things such as "but x thing got a little bit easier/less punishing".

9 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Both these things don't add a fair difficulty or challenge to the game in my eyes, they just make things that were fairly basic in the past really annoying now.
I get spiderqueen is a miniboss, but just because we have bosses on the level of beequeen doesn't mean that less difficult bosses have to be made harder, especially not if characters are changed to be ""op"", which they aren't even just because the game doesn't punish you for everything you do as x character now. Same goes for the stunlocking changes; just because day to day combat is not a constant struggle and characters get improved doesn't mean we need to make it harder for the sake of making it harder.

If the average power of characters is on the rise making bosses stronger does make sense.

10 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

Remember that not everybody is as skilled as you at the game and that with how dst works, lag is a huge factor amongst all this, so by making basic tasks more difficult like this you not only alienate existing players, you also just put another obstacle in the way of newer players which honestly sucks imo. Especially if its justified with things such as "but x thing got a little bit easier/less punishing".

For people who aren't as skilled the game gives multiple options that people tend to ignore such as using followers for help just because we have follower based characters doesn't mean that Wilson can't use followers to help with harder enemies as well it's due to ignoring things like this that people fear things like Vargs and Ewecus so much.

with 2 pig skin (8 monster meat)+2 meat+1 rope+2 twigs you dont have problems of queens amassing spiders, neither nurses, warriors or regular.

That is something so basic that i dont think that any player wont know that this combination is better than axe/spear+grass suit. A noob player will see that big spider and instanly will know that for that kind of mobs is better to have better weapons so by checking the combat tab will see that the easier one is the hambat (or they could just find a couple of tentacles spikes, common tactic between not so experience players) and for armor the player can see that there is wood armor (cutting 2 trees...) and football helmet armor, there is no need to be a genius to know that a locked recipes is better than a basic one, so this change doesnt affect that much noobs. The basic tactic killing a spawner boss is by reducing numbers, even if they dont know this, they will know after being in danger because of the amount of spiders they will have arround in case they focus their atacks on the queen

so, if the queen spawning warriors, nurses (not a common thing...) and regular spiders can be beaten in the same way and with the same problems if the player makes a bad performance than if fighting a pre weeber rework queen, from where comes the drama? 

and dst and skill... combat is moving and pressing F 90% of the time, this game is about experience and with few encounters with a spider queen will know what tactic is the best and will be about time that the player will be confortable with ranges, timing, etc so i dont see that huge difficulty change on the queens

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

If the average power of characters is on the rise making bosses stronger does make sense.

If all characters were fighting focused, then I could maybe see that, but most characters have utility outside of just killing bosses and buffing a boss just because of one character change or a new character seems a bit much for me personally.

3 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

For people who aren't as skilled the game gives multiple options that people tend to ignore such as using followers for help just because we have follower based characters doesn't mean that Wilson can't use followers to help with harder enemies as well it's due to ignoring things like this that people fear things like Vargs and Ewecus so much.

Followers don't just magically fix difficulties players have with the game, especially since most difficulties they face are outside of difficult mob encounters and because followers can be extremely expensive for newer players.
While I agree these options should be utilized more, they aren't really THE answer to all things regarding difficulty in combat, especially not when it comes to newer players who might not even know you can befriend pigs for example or are easily overwhelmed because there's so much to worry about at all times that they might not consider it at the time.
Not saying that everything needs to be identical to a spider or else nobody is able to play the game, just that I don't think buffing everything is fine simply because an underutilized feature exists in the game.

3 minutes ago, Nettalie said:

If all characters were fighting focused, then I could maybe see that, but most characters have utility outside of just killing bosses and buffing a boss just because of one character change or a new character seems a bit much for me personally.

Followers don't just magically fix difficulties players have with the game, especially since most difficulties they face are outside of difficult mob encounters and because followers can be extremely expensive for newer players.
While I agree these options should be utilized more, they aren't really THE answer to all things regarding difficulty in combat, especially not when it comes to newer players who might not even know you can befriend pigs for example or are easily overwhelmed because there's so much to worry about at all times that they might not consider it at the time.
Not saying that everything needs to be identical to a spider or else nobody is able to play the game, just that I don't think buffing everything is fine simply because an underutilized feature exists in the game.

if they dont know that pigs can follow you what are they doing fighting a spider queen? the 1st time i tried to kill a spider queen was because i was already confortable with some mechanics of the game or knowing that you can use spider hats, pigs, other mobs like beefalos in heat, darts, staffs, craft a better weapon, not using torches, etc before that i just run out of that biome for days 

if we start with these kind of facts we can remove everything because noob players die of darkness 1st day...

Archived