Maxwell Isn’t (out of your specific fact) poggers, smart, and smells good

Which characters do you enjoy playing?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Which characters do you like to play as?

• Maxwell
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Warly
    • Webber
    • Wendy
    • Wes
    • Wigfrid
    • Wickerbottom
    • Willow
    • Wilson
    • Winona
    • Woodie
    • Wolfgang
    • Wormwood
    • Wortox
    • Wurt
    • WX-78
    • No one!
    • Everyone!
  2. 2. Which characters do you not enjoy playing as?

• Maxwell
    • Walter
    • Wanda
    • Warly
    • Webber
    • Wendy
    • Wes
    • Wigfrid
    • Wickerbottom
    • Willow
    • Wilson
    • Winona
    • Woodie
    • Wolfgang
    • Wormwood
    • Wortox
    • Wurt
    • WX-78
    • No one!
    • Everyone!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/21 at 09:20 PM

I enjoy playing every character, in different ways. I can freely go to a pub and click random, then have fun with whatever I get. I remember my Beefalo taming adventure and silence vow (that I broke...) After getting Wes. 

There isn't a character I don't enjoy. I get bored of some quicker than others though. But that also depends on my mood and what I wanna do in my world. 

Just now, HowlVoid said:

NOOOOOO SOMEONE VOTED FOR WORMWOOD.

But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my Wormwood go now, that'll be the end of it.

thank the dark forces of the Constant I made the poll anonymous

7 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Damn why do people hate on Wolfgang so much.  

I don't know why for everyone, but for me it's because he's bonkers op with practically no downside if you're good, and most of the Wolfgang mains I've seen are toxic and edgy, leading to me associating big head boy with toxicity.

2 hours ago, Pruinae said:

It's okay Warly is very forgettable =) 

LMAO I ONLY NOTICED WHAT I DID NOW LMAOOOOOOOOO
Sorry

Spoiler

Warly is precious, but I dislike his diet downside to the point of tanking the starving damage with jellybeans until I die/change to another character. I only really notice him when I want to mass produce spices or jelly, ergo why he's forgettable to me.

46 minutes ago, Beeremy the III said:

I wake up.

I make Klei fourms account.

"Walter is dumb and stinky"

It has begun.

In all seriousness, I think Wolfgang is too op to be fun, but I like playing Wigfrid. Feel free to yell at me.

I agree with your take on Wolfgang, but my problem is that without his bonkers op stays there isn’t really any practical way for players to kill raid bosses with low playercounts without hours of prep

14 minutes ago, StretchVanb said:

I agree with your take on Wolfgang, but my problem is that without his bonkers op stays there isn’t really any practical way for players to kill raid bosses with low playercounts without hours of prep

I think that when you don't want to spend 30 hours to kill a boss, (or 35 with wes) you have to switch to a different character just so that you can kill CC and have a life at the same time, without having to resort to those fakey fake things people call "friends", it's not really what I would consider fun.

It's a tricky topic, because if you are playing with friends, having a Wolfgang eating VGCF with spice on top of the 5 Wilsons all wailing on the CC, it turns out to be a pitifully easy fight (I do not speak from experience, I have one friend and they don't regularly play DST, plus I'm not swag enough to even get to crab king, much less CC or fuel weaver)

Having more players already makes bosses like dragonfly pretty easy. The incoming damage is dispersed throughout the 6 players, allowing you to not have to rely so much on kiting (this does not apply to AoE attacks such as deerclops) and gives you more of an ability to put a rock on the f key and go eat a burger or something.

The only real way I can think to balance it is how Terraria does it. The more players on a server, the more max health a boss has. Maybe even just the amount of players in the vicinity of a boss, so that Wormwood on a farming spree doesn't have to leave.

It would allow solo players to not have to play Wolfgang and still get an experience that doesn't take five hours, and it would make multiplayer fights a little bit harder, since health would scale with the amount of players, which might be stupid and time consuming, or add a bit of a challenge.

I think the best way to implement this would be to make it an option that is set when the world is generated, like caves, except you can't enable the suggestion post world generation.

I don't know much though, I'm just a stupid little bee with stupid little bee wings.

Honestly I think Wolfgang being "OP" is a fairly dated take. He's just boring to play IMO.

I agree with boss HP being wayyy bloated though. There really needs to be some system in place to make them more enjoyable skill-based encounters and not just massive HP walls that require a hotbar full of items.

38 minutes ago, LinknAllie said:

Damn why do people hate on Wolfgang so much.  

Just boring to me personally, though sometimes I like simple characters. Sometimes I wanna indulge in characters with complex mechanics, sometimes I wanna eat food and beat up stuff.

Archived