Webber, his rework, and addressing some whining

1 hour ago, Keller Max said:

But hell the are effective, and those battle advantages can make your life so much easier. Saving you lots of resources and time.

save what? a football helmet or 2? some dark sword durability? I'm going to be honest man, considering how easy to get stuff needed for combat is, I don't think being able to save resources on this stuff is a big deal, same thing with saving a few minutes on boss fights.

8 hours ago, Keller Max said:

But hell the are effective, and those battle advantages can make your life so much easier. Saving you lots of resources and time.

I could see that if your playstyle is to never make a proper mob farm or boss farms and you don't know how to kite

7 hours ago, goblinball said:

save what? a football helmet or 2? some dark sword durability? I'm going to be honest man, considering how easy to get stuff needed for combat is, I don't think being able to save resources on this stuff is a big deal, same thing with saving a few minutes on boss fights.

Then why i see more Wigfrid than Willow? Why big chunk of content creators play Wolfgang exclusively rather than Winona? Why Wendy instead of Maxwell?

7 hours ago, goblinball said:

First post and you are already based.

8 hours ago, Keller Max said:

When it comes to boss battles cheesing strats save the most resources while they may not be the fastest the first time around they are every other time.

37 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

Then why i see more Wigfrid than Willow? Why big chunk of content creators play Wolfgang exclusively rather than Winona? Why Wendy instead of Maxwell?

Why does it matter what content creators are playing? Are you implying Wolfgang can kill bosses faster than catapults? People pick Wendy and Wigfrid more because they are more accessible to casual players. Maxwell's biggest issue with popularity is his low hp which is a huge turn off to people who aren't very good at fighting or staying alive in general.

Edit: actually to add to this the most common picks I see people playing are

Wendy Wigfrid Wilson Maxwell Wormwood and Walter

31 minutes ago, Keller Max said:

a wise man once said "stop trying to learn the game from randoms in pubs"

1 hour ago, Guille6785 said:

I could see that if your playstyle is to never make a proper mob farm or boss farms and you don't know how to kite

Not everyone wants to play using cheese tactics on bosses (not that I condemn them).

I play the game by fighting bosses and making them the goals of my playthroughs. Since they are my reason for playing the game, cheesing them would take all the fun out of it for me. Not everyone wants to play stardew valley in DST. 

I fight Bee queen as Wormwood and it takes about 4 days. Do I want to use an oven? No. At that point why not just spawn in the items using the console. 

Now I will cheese toadstool (misery), Crabking and Fuel Weaver, I wish I didn't have to, but with normal damage the chances of failure are always very high (the wonky console controls don't help either). Fuelweaver can heal almost all the damage I give him by the time the weatherpain decides it wants to work properly (Console).

But I dont think the problem are so much the character themselves but how the mechanics of bosses are geared towards multiplayer. Fuelweaver should spawn less woven shadows, Toadstool should spawn less mushtrees, and Crabking should spawn less of its pesky claws if the game detects only one player.

Just because someone doesn't want to use an oven for bosses doesn't mean they're a bad player. 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Not everyone wants to play using cheese tactics on bosses (not that I condemn them).

I play the game by fighting bosses and making them the goals of my playthroughs. Since they are my reason for playing the game, cheesing them would take all the fun out of it for me. Not everyone wants to play stardew valley in DST. 

I fight Bee queen as Wormwood and it takes about 4 days. Do I want to use an oven? No. At that point why not just spawn in the items using the console. 

Now I will cheese toadstool (misery), Crabking and Fuel Weaver, I wish I didn't have to, but with normal damage the chances of failure are always very high (the wonky console controls don't help either). Fuelweaver can heal almost all the damage I give him by the time the weatherpain decides it wants to work properly (Console).

But I dont think the problem are so much the character themselves but how the mechanics of bosses are geared towards multiplayer. Fuelweaver should spawn less woven shadows, Toadstool should spawn less mishtrees, and Crabking should spawn less of its pesky claws.

Just because someone doesn't want to use an oven for bosses doesn't mean they're a bad player. 

I didn't say you had to use cheese if you don't want to, but the fact that the options are available mean combat characters aren't in nearly as much of an advantage as most people claim if your only goal is to kill stuff quickly

Just now, Guille6785 said:

I didn't say you had to use cheese if you don't want to, but the fact that the options are available mean combat characters aren't in nearly as much of an advantage as most people claim if your only goal is to kill stuff quickly

Perhaps, but it is a lot more fun for us. 

1 minute ago, HowlVoid said:

Perhaps, but it is a lot more fun for us. 

and that's pretty much the purpose of combat characters, to allow players to enjoy bossfights if they aren't playing with other people, but I'm gonna gouge my eyes out next time I see "wendy/wolfgang/wortox op klei pls nerf"

23 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

While I do understand not wanting to use cheese tactics some of what consider cheese tactics aren't by the game's standards using bunny men seems like cheese but if you make them followers it's still playing by the rules and as a character perk catapults can never truly be cheese this is a survival game not a fighting game so being more efficient in your survival doesn't make it cheese so long as you are not exploiting the game's a.i

Edit for a better example of what i personally consider cheese vs intended is walling off dfly using pathing vs completely walling off larvae on all sides.

17 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

I see no difference between cheesing bosses or using a Wolfgang with Chaud-Froid.

I still hate that mega puss Wolfgang main teammate, who played mostly Wolfgang, was begging for spiced Chaud-Froids whole game (I was Warly), then swapped to Wendy for Bee Queen, then swapped to Walter for FuelWeaver (Because he lost a Guardian's horn for Houndius tactic), then swapped back to Wolfgang, refused to sail with us and demanded us to call him for Celestial Champion fight.

3 hours ago, Guille6785 said:

and that's pretty much the purpose of combat characters, to allow players to enjoy bossfights if they aren't playing with other people, but I'm gonna gouge my eyes out next time I see "wendy/wolfgang/wortox op klei pls nerf"

wendy/wolfgang/wortox op klei pls nerf
where are your eyes now guille

imma add my one cent to the mix. Webber is cool at something's. Wendy is cool at something's. Every character has their own good niche that helps them survive that's different from others in one way or another. So what if webber is outclassed by wendy. I'm not playing webber because hes good or better than someone else (regardless of if he is or is not) I'm playing him because I like his playstyle.

He, like every other character has his own playstyle. No character is definitively better in everyway than another. Some characters could be better at some things but not  everything.

Like webber is better at taking down bosses ( only boss I have trouble with is bearger ;-;), hordes and minibosses. Wendy is good for some bosses and some hordes.( no hordes that cant get stunlocked except like pigs merms and maybe bunnymen? ) Sure webber has more category's to fit in. But wendy can work with a team a good chunk better than webber.(webber can work indirectly) So it's a endless argument because no one is better than anyone else in everyway.

(Also I dont play wendy a lot so feel free to show me some insight on cool things wendy can do without trying to outshine another character on purpose)

1 hour ago, Scrimbles said:

I don't think you can explain why On Tentacles isn't incredibly overpowered.

on tentacles gives wicker no real advantage over other characters because fire farms are cheaper, more effective, can't kill you as an added bonus and every character can make them

you can use fire farms for every single on tentacles farm with the sole exception of dragonfly whose drops only really benefit someone who's playing a world for hundreds or thousands of days

44 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

on tentacles gives wicker no real advantage over other characters because fire farms are cheaper, more effective, can't kill you as an added bonus and every character can make them

you can use fire farms for every single on tentacles farm with the sole exception of dragonfly whose drops only really benefit someone who's playing a world for hundreds or thousands of days

I'm not a Wickerbottom fan, but her on tentacle has at least one important role that fire farm can barely take in the place.

Spoiler

killiing tons of krampus before they overcrowd the area when using bird of the world, and Woodie moose form clearing all the birds in 2 seconds

this is fastest way I've known to get 5-10 krampus sack in 3 days, with just two characters ability

Archived