Abigail and Spiders

Hi Folks!

I would like to tell you in advance that I am a big fan of the Webber rework especially since I've always been a Webber main. Whether or not spiders are good is a discussion in itself, but that's not the point here. The only disturbing factor is that Abigail is still attacking spiders on sight if they are befriended.

As a result, if you play together with Wendy, you have to choose either Spiders or Abigail. And Abigail is mostly (not always) the better choice. Which leeds to the fact, that you as a Webber player, don't use your spiders at all and have almost nothing from the new abilities. Vice versa you don't have anything from the Wendy rework if you choose the spiders instead.

If this is intended it doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Especially with Webber and Wendy being good friends lorewise. (I couldn't play that much the last days so I didn't try if it's the same for befriended Pigs and Merms.)

If so, Webber and Wendy have the worst synergy of all characters. Which would be sad.

I guess that the rework intended to make Webber a better team player but this leads to seperate these good friends even more.

The few times I played with a friend after the rework, who always mains Wendy, didn't worked that well. We always tried to get out of our ways and it feeled really akward. Sometimes she came to close which resulted in a lot of dead spiders.

Webber and Wendy should always be able to be together! We don't want to have a sad little lonely Webber again, aren't we?

It would still be ok for Abigails attacks to hurt the spiders if they are fighting in a close range together so that you have to play around when you fighting a boss or something. But not being able to standing nearby while having spiders around destroys the purpose of the rework.

I hope they change that maybe.

I try to read most of the topics regarding the rework and didn't read anything about this problem. So If this has already been discussed, I am sorry.

Also this is not about Wendy > Webber or a " Are Webber and Wendy the best friends ever forever and always?" loretopic.

Thank you for your attention and a big thanks to Klei for everything!

1 hour ago, Stimpz said:

Especially with Webber and Wendy being good friends lorewise. (I couldn't play that much the last days so I didn't try if it's the same for befriended Pigs and Merms.)

ye that's hilarious given that in an actual game, wendy/webber synergy pretty much boils down to abi steamrolling every spider including webber's

(also, this is a bit off topic but : NEVER EVER should you release grotto's light bulbs in the base when you're playing on pub and when there's a wendy in the team)

Jokes aside, riled up abigail killing befriended spiders should definitely be fixed.

Bearing in mind that Klei has canonically mentioned that Abigail doesn't particularly like Webber and is jealous when Wendy hangs out with him. 
Abigail killing the spiders is annoying from a gameplay perspective but is consistent with her character. 

Abigail does not attack anything on sight. Tell Wendy that pissing off Abigail for no reason is unproductive, she'll ruin a lot more things than just Webber's spiders if she remains pointlessly riled up.

4 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

Bearing in mind that Klei has canonically mentioned that Abigail doesn't particularly like Webber and is jealous when Wendy hangs out with him. 
Abigail killing the spiders is annoying from a gameplay perspective but is consistent with her character. 

That, to me, sounds exactly like that one trope from DnD, "It's  what my character would do" where a player will say that justify some s***ty behavior they do. Just because Abigail doesn't like the fact that Webber has arachnid friends, doesn't mean that should be her reason to go all "Silence of the Lambs" on them.

6 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Abigail does not attack anything on sight. Tell Wendy that pissing off Abigail for no reason is unproductive, she'll ruin a lot more things than just Webber's spiders if she remains pointlessly riled up.

This isn't true, Abigail will attack spiders even when she's not riled up. I just tested right now

55 minutes ago, Wendy C. said:

this is new to me when dit klei ever say that that abi is jealous to webber? i mean if thats true then the ghost is alsol jealous of everything that is alive so it seems

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

This isn't true, Abigail will attack spiders even when she's not riled up. I just tested right now

She goes after spiders without them attacking Wendy or Wendy attacking them while she isn't riled up? Nevermind then, this is definitely an issue.

29 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

this is new to me when dit klei ever say that that abi is jealous to webber? i mean if thats true then the ghost is alsol jealous of everything that is alive so it seems

She like Zeus, but instead of making the worst possible family tree, she just kills them! :D

2 hours ago, Cheggf said:

friendly or not, if there is a spider near her, she will attack (and kill) that spider

she not go after the spider herself, it like she automatically attack spider that stand hear her
I found out about that since day 1 :v
not sure if Klei has fixed this issue yet?

3 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

From what I remember it was Chester who Abigail was jelous of.

4 hours ago, Hornete said:

not just spiders to add onto this, a passive abigail will automatically attack any mob within a certain radius of wendy that she deems a threat even if they're not actually hostile to wendy, which includes but isn't limited to: toadstool (annoying when you put him to sleep), werepigs (annoying when you're waiting for the transformation to end to get more hits in or you're just walking close to a bait pen during a full moon), bearger (this never ends well), and a few others

(edit: I included moslings and slurtles in this list but I just tested and she doesn't attack them while passive even though I'm 100% sure she did until recently, maybe something was changed or her behavior is just really inconsistent)

this may or may not have to do with mobs that are considered "monsters" (the same that are attacked by pigs and bunnymen automatically) but I'm not 100% sure if that's what's abigail uses to decide what to attack in these scenarios

45 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

not just spiders to add onto this, a passive abigail will automatically attack any mob within a certain radius of wendy that she deems a threat even if they're not actually hostile to wendy, which includes but isn't limited to: moslings (really annoying when I'm trying to put them in a pen for the lols), toadstool (annoying when you put him to sleep), werepigs (annoying when you're waiting for the transformation to end to get more hits in), and slurtles/snurtles (I've accidentally killed a few snurtles my friends told me not to kill lol)

even tho people call wendy op in a team shes just a depressed nuisance especially in a pub

30 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

this may or may not have to do with mobs that are considered "monsters" (the same that are attacked by pigs and bunnymen automatically) but I'm not 100% sure if that's what's abigail uses to decide what to attack in these scenarios

She even attacks moleworms that way, so it probably does not have to do anything with mob considered as a mornster.

yeah as someone who's sunk way too many hours into wendy I definitely wouldn't be sad if this behavior was removed entirely, I don't think it's actually helpful in any situation, she should only attack mobs that are actively hostile towards wendy when soothed

22 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

yeah as someone who's sunk way too many hours into wendy I definitely wouldn't be sad if this behavior was removed entirely, I don't think it's actually helpful in any situation, she should only attack mobs that are actively hostile towards wendy when soothed

Does abi attack players with the monster tag if friendly fire is enabled? 

8 hours ago, Wendy C. said:

for curiosity's sake can you provide an image or link of where they said this? i really wanna see

Archived