The true identity of Webber's father (SPOILER)

Let's start from the beginning: in Webber's short film we can clearly see, during Webber's childhood, his father:

1314639215_PadrediWebber.png.206954103375c16c5a9a1d841467c1cb.png

It doesn't take a genius to grasp the obvious similarity to Woodie:

828577392_PadrediWebberII.png.a0d635efd9a31feb78632ec55569a224.pngWhat do you guys think of the Woodie re-work coming up? I personally hope  he can craft syrup :) (And gets some other generic Canadian perk) :  dontstarve

Both have caveman foreheads, orange hair and beards, and wear suspenders.

Now, some might argue: But webber's father seems so smart!! Woodie is stupid! Wait and listen...

Back to Webber's short film: as you can clearly see, Webber has become the monster he is after experiencing the "side effects" of Wagstaff's demonic machine:

56542761_MaxwellMachine.thumb.png.98091020cb72607963d970f3c79fc09b.png

Webber's father (Woodie) would have become a  Werebeaver  NOT for a generic curse ... but because of Wagstaff's invention too!

What an ironic fate, Woodie became a chimera like his son in the end!

Community Choice Vignette - Woodie - Tree's a Crowd - [Don't Starve  Together] Developer log - Klei Entertainment Forums

And Lucy? Lucy would be none other than the spirit of Woodie's deceased wife. Which wife? THIS wife --> 

1731065492_WoodieWife.thumb.png.550ea78f75a0da06851d744bd2135ca1.png

At this point, Woodie, since he was a man of great intelligence, went mad: he had lost his wife and child, and had been turned into a monster.
He cut his head, became a fool and an idiot and found in the hermitism of the Canadian forests the only salvation from madness.

1148538527_WoodieFankenstein.png.e3c19d80e11257cf0de577c8a9bfb52c.png

It would also explain Woodie's hatred of birds: Webber probably wanted to play with his father to catch them (as well as butterflies and insects) but Woodie, when he still could, never played with him. And the vague memory of it makes Woodie hate anything that flies.

This is the story of Woodie: a man destroyed and mentally annihilated, who sought the only opening in dementia to not go completely crazy in the face of the horrors of life. Congratulations Klei, for having brought Don't Starve back to the horror and nihilistic dimension of its origins.

Edit: Licet_insanire pointed out two things to me:
1) The fact that Woodie doesn't have glasses makes perfect sense: he lost them during one of the first transformations; and the stupid expression is because he is nearsighted.
2) Lucy, when alive, had red hair. And Lucy's predominant color is red. I don't think it's a coincidence at all.

23 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

At this point, Woodie, since he was a man of great intelligence, went mad: he had lost his wife and child, and had been turned into a monster.
He cut his head, became a fool and an idiot and found in the hermitism of the Canadian forests the only salvation from madness.

1148538527_WoodieFankenstein.png.e3c19d80e11257cf0de577c8a9bfb52c.png

101698750_Skeledorkyesexcitement.thumb.png.1f1db3bf8148f876617f8890f6b451bf.png86620175_Skeledorkscreamyes.thumb.png.22957f3f0eab39460dfed4ded258a36f.png

I'm not seeing the similarity to Woodie at all really.

His hair looks more like a chestnut brown than an orange.
His hair-line is drastically different (from standard Woodie). Seems like he's all out of hair to grow at this point.
Eyebrows are not nearly as bulky.
His nose shape is nothing alike.

i see your points but it is kinda far-fetched, and even if their hair is kinda similar, id say webber and his fathers hair is more brown than orange

also, if wagstaff trusts him enough to lend him items from the constant, and one these specimens broke out of what id say is a pretty advanced bird cage (it has the shape of one but it seems to use some laser to keep the spider in place), im sure wagstaff would get every tracking device he had to make sure no one found out about the spider, and I bet he found out webber is his acquaintances child and told him about it (or maybe not idk)

also if it was so im 100% certain klei would leave some clue that relates to woodie, possibly lucy the axe herself, show a lot of trees chopped, or some canadian stuff

I always took Woodie as that one redneck uncle that lives out in the woods, not as a scientist. It was assumed in Walter's trailer that Woodie was, same with Wilson, taken by a voxola radio; which would make sense if he had a connection to Wagstaff whom, if he knew Woodie enough, may have given him a one.

The only similarity he has with Woodie is that brown is a similar color to orange. His eyes are completely different. His head shape is completely different. His ears are completely different. His nose is completely different. His moustache is completely different. His beard is completely different. His eyebrows are completely different. His hair is completely different. His hairline is completely different.

If he's Woodie then he got a ton of plastic surgery and died his hair, but at that point you could say Wolfgang is Webber's dad.

Archived