Jump to content

[Spaced Out! Update] - 468398


Recommended Posts

  • Developer

Hey everyone! Today's patch fixes several crashes and issues when playing the Base Game, so that should work much better now if you try it.

There is a known issue that OSX versions of public_test crash if you have any mods subscribed.

Take care and have a good weekend!

 

New and Improved

  • Added Starmap Interplanetary Payload inflight sound
  • Base Game: All traits, including skill-granting traits, which aren't specific to Radiation or Multi-Asteroid space have been merged down to the Base Game
  • Base Game: Radioactive Contaminants are no longer present in the base game
  • Base Game: Rads tool is no longer available in the base game sandbox tools
  • Increased the amount of Cobalt Ore in the Swamp
  • Classic Style Terra Cluster’s second asteroid:
  • Worldgen: Removed Jungle and added Forest.
  • Worldgen: Moved starting location down so it doesn’t appear right below the crust.

Bug Fixes

  • Base Game: Removed a number of Spaced Out!-specific entries from the Codex
  • Base Game: Storages no longer drop their contents when loading a base game save into the preview build.
  • Base Game: Removed message saying 0 research modules installed on the base game starmap screen.
  • Base Game: Suit durability is "Indestructible" by default in Base Game
  • Base Game: Fix crash when building a Molecular Forge in Base Game
  • Base Game: Remove Spaced Out! recipes from the various cooking stations, preventing crashes.
  • Base Game: Removed the artifact analysis skill from the Aesthetic Design skill
  • Base Game: Fixed issue causing some Spaced Out! content to show up in the codex when playing the base game
  • Entombed Building Diagnostic now works
  • Various typo fixes and description tweaks

Performance

  • Improved performance of opening the Load Game screen by 50%
  • Fixed stutter at the Main Menu caused by the Resume Game button refreshing. Also improved its performance by 70%
  • Fixed a performance issue with the Entombed Buildings Diagnostic

 


View full update

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Ninja 1
  • Big Ups 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about the Moo Moonlet? I've been unable to discover its surface on the last few colonies. Some say it's because of the natural gas buildup from falling mooteors...

I also notice spikes in my calorie generation and calorie consumption graphs (upwards of 80kg of meat at a time) that the game attributes to butchering for meat and rotting meat, though I never got that meat myself.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Base Game: All traits, including skill-granting traits, which aren't specific to Radiation or Multi-Asteroid space have been merged down to the Base Game

Poggers, time to reload my game until I get +15 husbandry.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

New and Improved

Also noticed ninja update on the art of some of the new teleporter POIs, see images below. By the way, the new teleporter POIs are really nice, they look great and I love that they only yield a small amount of glass now (2x5kg of glass in the POI from the screenshot below). It makes it more challenging to get the first solar panels up and running. Seeing how good they are in the DLC, I think it is a nice change.

2027419519_457140_20210617214620_1(2).thumb.png.c0dc9528d37543ad4469b6bcf01adfa4.png

642230974_457140_20210619111817_1(2).thumb.png.18ed8545a17918fc96c8645644706757.png

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Klei, I wish every developer was like you. It's an awesome experience playing your games and taking part in this early access. Although your team doesn't post on the feedback and forums much, it's obvious you guys are paying attention to the discussions we're having and implementing changes that check your boxes as well. Keep up the amazing work!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, NeoDeusMachina said:

Also noticed ninja update on the art of some of the new teleporter POIs, see images below. By the way, the new teleporter POIs are really nice, they look great and I love that they only yield a small amount of glass now (2x5kg of glass in the POI from the screenshot below). It makes it more challenging to get the first solar panels up and running. Seeing how good they are in the DLC, I think it is a nice change.

2027419519_457140_20210617214620_1(2).thumb.png.c0dc9528d37543ad4469b6bcf01adfa4.png

642230974_457140_20210619111817_1(2).thumb.png.18ed8545a17918fc96c8645644706757.png

Several 50kg to 2 5kg is a big leap. I think those panes should really be 20kg each, and even then, this is a big move away from ONI stuff being a little on the heavy side.
Also, if we could build those ourselves, I absolutely would as a less labor-intensive alternative to drywall that would look pretty nice if it shows the background behind.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Nebbie said:

Several 50kg to 2 5kg is a big leap. I think those panes should really be 20kg each, and even then, this is a big move away from ONI stuff being a little on the heavy side.
Also, if we could build those ourselves, I absolutely would as a less labor-intensive alternative to drywall that would look pretty nice if it shows the background behind.

I agree that this is a big leap, but in this case I personally think it was necessary since the glass forge and the solar panels both require materials research. The new glass panels give a little bit of glass, without allowing us to bypass the need to do the research to setup panels for our base or our rockets. They also add up, because there are teleporters on the second asteroid with the teleporters as well.

I don't know, maybe you're right and they should have a higher mass, 8*20kg=160kg on the starter asteroid + 9*20kg=180kg on the second asteroid, which would be enough to build a single panel. At that point, we still need to make a glass forge because 1 panel is not going to get us very far, so does it really matter? Currently, we get 85kg total, and I personally think it is fine. That free glass was just way too much.

On your second point - if we ever get the chance to build those glass walls as background and they are transparent, I am moving all my bedrooms in space!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Removed Jungle and added Forest

Nice to see this change but I'm guessing this is to address the lack of any source of pips off a classic style terra start?  Can you speak to whether you guys have plans to add biological resources to the space POI fields?   This change means pips from space might not be necessary, but the issue of not being able to get voles (if only for the achievement) off of the spaced out style starts would still remain.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brian.oni said:

Nice to see this change but I'm guessing this is to address the lack of any source of pips off a classic style terra start?  Can you speak to whether you guys have plans to add biological resources to the space POI fields?   This change means pips from space might not be necessary, but the issue of not being able to get voles (if only for the achievement) off of the spaced out style starts would still remain.

I am glad they added a forest biome to the classic asteroid, but yeah, I'd like to be able to get more Wheezewort seeds and other equally unrenewable creatures. 

  • Potato Cup 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 12:02 PM, NeoDeusMachina said:

I agree that this is a big leap, but in this case I personally think it was necessary since the glass forge and the solar panels both require materials research. The new glass panels give a little bit of glass, without allowing us to bypass the need to do the research to setup panels for our base or our rockets. They also add up, because there are teleporters on the second asteroid with the teleporters as well.

I don't know, maybe you're right and they should have a higher mass, 8*20kg=160kg on the starter asteroid + 9*20kg=180kg on the second asteroid, which would be enough to build a single panel. At that point, we still need to make a glass forge because 1 panel is not going to get us very far, so does it really matter? Currently, we get 85kg total, and I personally think it is fine. That free glass was just way too much.

On your second point - if we ever get the chance to build those glass walls as background and they are transparent, I am moving all my bedrooms in space!!

I don't think making us do even more radiation-based research to get just 1 solar panel is okay. Their plan seems to be to keep solar panel ridiculously overpowered, but make it "lategame" by making us do a ton of busywork to enable it.
It would be better for gameplay if solar was less good (longer night is the obvious one), but came earlier, so bases had more options. All pushing solar back is doing is once again making coal the only decent option early on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nebbie said:

I don't think making us do even more radiation-based research to get just 1 solar panel is okay. Their plan seems to be to keep solar panel ridiculously overpowered, but make it "lategame" by making us do a ton of busywork to enable it.
It would be better for gameplay if solar was less good (longer night is the obvious one), but came earlier, so bases had more options. All pushing solar back is doing is once again making coal the only decent option early on.

We can still get solar MUCH earlier in the DLC than we ever could in the base game. I get your point though - I guess we can agree to disagree :-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2021 at 12:22 PM, NeoDeusMachina said:

Also noticed ninja update on the art of some of the new teleporter POIs, see images below. By the way, the new teleporter POIs are really nice, they look great and I love that they only yield a small amount of glass now (2x5kg of glass in the POI from the screenshot below). It makes it more challenging to get the first solar panels up and running. Seeing how good they are in the DLC, I think it is a nice change.

2027419519_457140_20210617214620_1(2).thumb.png.c0dc9528d37543ad4469b6bcf01adfa4.png

642230974_457140_20210619111817_1(2).thumb.png.18ed8545a17918fc96c8645644706757.png

3 tile doors? are we expecting some monster sized radiation dupes in future? Hulk maybe?

Edited by gabberworld
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is it intended that i can no longer load my old save game (that i still use while i wait for world gen to settle) on the new test branch?:

Spoiler

355586312_Capturadepantalla(498).thumb.png.953caefd113024891ea282b4ca711fe6.png

Is this truly THE END for my colony?

 

EDIT: I managed to load an even older save of this same colony, way way older. what am i missing? wtf?

Edited by melquiades
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, melquiades said:

Is it intended that i can no longer load my old save game (that i still use while i wait for world gen to settle) on the new test branch?:

  Hide contents

355586312_Capturadepantalla(498).thumb.png.953caefd113024891ea282b4ca711fe6.png

Is this truly THE END for my colony?

 

EDIT: I managed to load an even older save of this same colony, way way older. what am i missing? wtf?

I won't say ask "El Gabo"...

But I can say that at some point the save file was "saved" on a higher version than it currently is...

image.png.fdbc3e2f1deb2fa0d501fee1291d3234.png

So it was saved in 466292  at some point and you're trying to load it in a computer with version 460672 ... (this is also seen in the bottom of your screenshot)

image.png.9c4cddb96c94dc4385ddc9adf7bcfb52.png

I'm not completely familiar with all game versions but current base game version should be CS-466292...

I would dare say that you need to update the game on that computer...

Hope this helps.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, JRup said:

I won't say ask "El Gabo"...

But I can say that at some point the save file was "saved" on a higher version than it currently is...

image.png.fdbc3e2f1deb2fa0d501fee1291d3234.png

So it was saved in 466292  at some point and you're trying to load it in a computer with version 460672 ... (this is also seen in the bottom of your screenshot)

image.png.9c4cddb96c94dc4385ddc9adf7bcfb52.png

I'm not completely familiar with all game versions but current base game version should be CS-466292...

I would dare say that you need to update the game on that computer...

Hope this helps.

 

 

I would guess that it's a difference between current main game branch vs Spaced Out branch with disabled Spaced Out DLC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Developer

@melquiades This happens sometimes if you've got the DLC turned off and switch between the "None" and "public_test" branches in steam. If you encounter this issue again, turn on/off the public_test branch and you should be able to play your save again. There's going to be some hiccups of this sort while the mergedown gets sorted out, sorry for the confusion.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

@melquiades This happens sometimes if you've got the DLC turned off and switch between the "None" and "public_test" branches in steam. If you encounter this issue again, turn on/off the public_test branch and you should be able to play your save again. There's going to be some hiccups of this sort while the mergedown gets sorted out, sorry for the confusion.

That did it! It wasn't just outdated like JRup suggested, it wasn't enough to activate the beta, i had to activate and deactivate the dlc.

But the moment i loaded the save ai got this:

Spoiler

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

AtmoSuit.RefreshStatusEffects (System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/AtmoSuit.cs:34)
AtmoSuit+<>c.<.cctor>b__4_0 (AtmoSuit component, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/AtmoSuit.cs:8)
EventSystem+IntraObjectHandler`1[ComponentType].Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject gameObject, System.Object eventData) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:109)
EventSystem.Trigger (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/EventSystem.cs:146)
KMonoBehaviour.Trigger (System.Int32 hash, System.Object data) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:411)
Storage.Remove (UnityEngine.GameObject go, System.Boolean do_disease_transfer) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Storage.cs:1333)
Pickupable.OnCleanUp () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/components/Pickupable.cs:591)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDestroy () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:230)

Build: 468398-D

I'll remove all mods and report back, but they don't seem to be the cause for this, it might have to do with the new repair feature of the atmosuits?

 

EDIT:

Mods were already off, so i am at loss now =(

Edited by melquiades
Update
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...