I build 3D castle in dst

That was a lot of work, but after 7 months I finally did it. Now I am gonna to flex in every place xD

Everything was build in survival mode, and I am so proud of it. I have some great ideas for building inside.

Walls cost something like 6050 moonrocks, there is ok 2000 statues, 180 spike from antlion. It taked 1100 days 

And don't know If I can post link to video, but anyway, it's in polish language.

image.thumb.png.cea6b7d12e9d2d1ec2c9e838d8a8a98d.png

3 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

If you ritualistically surround yourself with three end tables while wearing a backpack with an LGA in it, equip a log suit to put the backpack above you, and set everything on fire you can revive above where you stood.

This video by Splorange demonstrates it.

cool

but why are characters "floaty" and take so long to fall?

2 minutes ago, Well-met said:

cool

but why are characters "floaty" and take so long to fall?

I'm wondering why there's gravity at all. Since you aren't supposed to be able to ascend you'd never notice it. Maybe it's a failsafe to prevent bugs, in case the player somehow elevates themselves they slowly fall to prevent getting stuck and softlocked.

13 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I'm wondering why there's gravity at all. Since you aren't supposed to be able to ascend you'd never notice it. Maybe it's a failsafe to prevent bugs, in case the player somehow elevates themselves they slowly fall to prevent getting stuck and softlocked.

The gravity mostly exists for when you drop items, the lil drop animation they do is just them falling from a small height.

The gravity exists for every physics entity in the game iirc.

On 6/15/2021 at 9:56 AM, Well-met said:

klei moment

The real Klei Moment is the fact that it still takes 12 moonrocks to make 4 moonrock walls, and every other wall in the game has an average of a 1-1.5 to 1 ratio in terms of mats (6 rocks for 6 stone walls, 6 thulecite fragments for 6 thulecite walls, 8 wood walls for 8 logs and 3 grass, etc.). I still really don’t get why it’s designed like that…

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes, lets fix a tedious way of getting a very rare material that is used in decorations 90% of the time 

This. I think it’s a late game clever design for a resource that does not break the game in any way.

Spoiler

And no, the problem with moon idols is not getting enough moon rocks or purple gems, it’s that character switching has no cooldown.

Stuff like this should be encouraged, not patched.

4 hours ago, Maxil20 said:

I still really don’t get why it’s designed like that…

It's designed like that because of PVP, the intention for moon rock walls was a very hard to obtain but tough wall that other players would have trouble getting through, it's the same reason they can take so many hammer hits. It's silly design in the present, but it makes perfect sense for when/why moon rock walls were first added.

Archived