[Spaced Out! Update] - 467401

22 minutes ago, gabberworld said:

not sure about that Harold guy, he not see that Abe needs help? why he not help him?

Abe is a trainee and Harold is his trainer.  Thus far, Harold isn't impressed with the what he's seeing from Abe.

• Haha 3

Hi!

I've tried switching between versions and had some minor hiccups when switching between versions so for now I'll stay on regular (not public_testing...) It is getting rather late and documenting that is a stretch for now. (Long story short, base game is reinstalled from scratch because of my usual tomfoolery and is loading everything fine. Might re-test later.)

Before I did all that I managed to check the desalinator on updated DLC, I have some questions.

Ah, the desalinator... At least its processing is the same as mine... There are no special flakes or flavors or colors or ... salt is salt, period.

The temperature fix on the output is a most welcome change. I'll make sure to update part of my builds accordingly. But I can finally use inputs lower than 40ºC when using brine and that is very satisfying. :applause:

That said, I previously believed desalinators would require dupe maintenance only when filled with 1000kg of salt, could someone elaborate on these screenshots I just took? (I mean, why does it actually stop at 945-ish kg?), or it's just intended behavior (and/or wiki is outdated, completely normal phenomenon)

945.3 kg with salt water:

741202567_DSsaltwater945.3full.thumb.png.874d4bfb03500f5f7fc272aea6fb2701.png

945 kg with brine:

1614756391_DSbrine945full.thumb.png.581aa122bbdbd7f0e75cef50cdc93032.png

945.2 kg with both types of saltyness:

1600907603_DSmixedfuel.thumb.png.6a0723e73747bdece1ad84e0f1368df6.png

1 hour ago, kartofan said:

Does this mean that the stabilization phase has begun and there will be no more fundamentally new content?

The way I read/understand the update:

The stabilization integration phase has begun and there will be new content in every version (new UI and other improvements/changes from DLC to base game and I expect some more things to come in DLC before its release, popcorn and rad-lapms being two of them :rolleyes:)

Probably there will be no other "new" systems in DLC though, only reworks of existing ones (just guessing..)

• Potato Cup 1

11 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Moved Liquid Meter Valve and Gas Meter Valve to different techs

Where they "moved" somewhere in the existing research tree or were they just moved to oblivion? :rolleyes:

Spoiler

image.png.3856f00702be400c1eebd1eb961b6a5a.png  

Sandbox: all available tech

image.png.0d7f81d71669606980e1c5c726e4e796.png image.png.d5dcad9a7b63d7fa93f80f8c50c61de2.png image.png.146f1c3f5d892a898859a9c76c39cee9.png

Also bug report reporting it

Edit:

Ok... I think I found them...

Spoiler

They are in the base game of the DLC version switching to base game :distracted:

image.thumb.png.5ef0e92c96b61d5fdc2a8a38bc4d2ac1.png

For whoever is lost between versions: follow the stairs :lol:

Spoiler

escher-big.thumb.jpg.780290708ad664e3090f79342f334d99.jpg

Edited by sakura_sk
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

To clarify the timeline:

This mergedown and Harmony2.0 will go live for all Spaced Out owners on June 24th (this update).

We are still TBD when the mergedown and Harmony2.0 will go live for all Oxygen Not Included players. It will similarly be preceded by a testing branch.

Great work all on this epic rollout. You guys are an inspiration to other Devs.

Is there any timeline for when different planet types i.e. Rime type start will be available on the classic DLC game?

Unpleasant news for me. I didn't care about most of the changes in the DLC, others were annoying. So I went back to the base game. There are annoying things already like when dups find something very hot and bring it into the middle of the base(for example ore from space biome). Dups do not differentiate temperature.
Now there is durability mechanics. But dups do not differentiate durability.
Food storage mechanics changed. But dups do not differentiate how spoiled food when cooking, eating or loading rocket.
I see pattern here. Maybe fun for someone, but for me it is a micromanagment hell. Seems like time to drop ONI and move on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SVV said:

Though many people like durability system, I really don't, so I understand you. Luckily there is setting option for that and you can set it to ignore it at all :)

I might imagine that settings for food spoilage would be appealing as well. My guess is that KLEI may add it in the future if enough people won't like the changes, if not - I'm pretty sure they should be easy to mod so somebody will probably do it sometime. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SVV said:

when dups find something very hot and bring it into the middle of the base(for example ore from space biome). Dups do not differentiate temperature.
Food storage mechanics changed. But dups do not differentiate how spoiled food when cooking, eating or loading rocket.

It doesn't bother me that much, but I think this is a very fair comment and Klei would do well to pay attention to it.

You can't differentiate most of these things with storage settings or with automation sensors.  Picking up a durability 0.2% suit when you get in a rocket can be fatal.

I think we need to have dupes prioritise stale food, a way to sense it, to sense suit durability, and a way to repair not-quite-worn suits (adjustable).

It is at least possible to set up automation to prevent 70C dirt being used to fertilize mealwood but it's difficult to make this global without forcing 0 dupe carried items which is a lot of work.

Edited by Lacero

32 minutes ago, pether said:

Though many people like durability system, I really don't, so I understand you. Luckily there is setting option for that and you can set it to ignore it at all :)

I might imagine that settings for food spoilage would be appealing as well. My guess is that KLEI may add it in the future if enough people won't like the changes, if not - I'm pretty sure they should be easy to mod so somebody will probably do it sometime. 

I just decided to provide feedback about that I don't like. Most unpleasant is that two weeks ago I started a new colony to get all achievements in one. Now I will discard it and wait until all DLC development is completed, so rules don't change mid game. Then I will compare what game was before and what it become.

11 minutes ago, Lacero said:

You can't differentiate most of these things with storage settings or with automation sensors.  Picking up a durability 0.2% suit when you get in a rocket can be fatal.

Most storage problems for me are solved with "sweep only" on all containers. Dups don't bring ore from space and don't dive into erupting geyser for some debris. Most of all I want bug fixes and improvements in AI. "Sweep only" doesn't help when dupe decides that work is over and time to drop everything on ground(critters, slime with slimelung, etc). When they drop food they are eating on floor somehow makes me even more angry despite being harmless.

Edited by SVV
  • Like 1

Sure, there is nothing wrong in having an opinion and sharing it, I welcome and encourage that. Sorry if you thought I am negative about that.

Just wanted to highlight that you don't need to worry about durability as it has nice settings and can be ignored if you don't like them.

Also, please keep in mind that the changes we are talking about will go live for DLC in 2 weeks, for vanilla - even later. If you have many hours invested in your current game, maybe you will manage to get all achievements before changes will enter main game? At this moment even KLEI doesn't know when that will happen, it seems you have some more time.

1 hour ago, kmidt81 said:

Pls make one Patch only with Performance Updates 

Performance will remain low until release, because of all the debugging code running.

Testing builds are worse than stable releases, so if you're struggle for performance, don't use the testing branch.

1 minute ago, space glider said:
  • Meter Valves are now in the base game

All my valves disappear in my saves. And I can't find it in research tree. ugh....

I know it is weird... but it says it clearly: "Meter Valves are now in the base game:wilsoalmostangelic:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sakura_sk said:

I know it is weird... but it says it clearly: "Meter Valves are now in the base game:wilsoalmostangelic:

but next line

• Oxygen Masks are now in the base game

but masks don't disappear. I suppose that it added in base game and not deleted from dlc =\

I think someone instead of "copy-paste" made a "cut-paste" action for meters.. :roll: (they are present in the base game after switched from DLC but not present in the DLC. Of course saves of DLC don't play when in base game so... waiting for a bug fix? :???: )

• Sad 1

I am glad that there is going to be polish and that you now choose the step to migrate. It will make a lot of things easier. New Versions of Unity and Harmony will also have an impact. But i understand completly the Step to split the DLC from base Game. I saw how much has changed over Time there a lot of things that run diffrent. Just look at the rockets. I mean the new Plattform makes it way more comfortable to work with them. Something i despised in the Basegame that i needed to completly rebuild the rocket when switching the Engine.

But PLEASE check for the issues we still have with them:

- Rocket interiors lose sometimes the connection to the Rocket (Still do not know how to reproduce...)
- Rockets also sometimes have Animation Issues and are shown on wrong tile in Space.
- Rockets sometimes can't be clicked (Game needs then to be Reloaded)

Also PLEASE take a look on the Performance:

- Slow Game in Lategame (3 Asteroids in use)
- Short Lag Spikes eventhough there still ressources for Processor and Ram all 2-3 Seconds (It is not clearly visible at first but it occures i noticed a weird pattern when the game seems to struggle very Hard)

- Maybe switch Tasks for Radiation, Plumbing, Vents, Electricity, Thermal and Gas, each to a own thread in processor if possible.
Or distribute the systems arround according to available cores. This could make up a drastic performance increase if this is possible and dooable.

DxDiag of PC Dragon1.txt

8 hours ago, Sergadra said:

But PLEASE check for the issues we still have with them:

- Rocket interiors lose sometimes the connection to the Rocket (Still do not know how to reproduce...)
- Rockets also sometimes have Animation Issues and are shown on wrong tile in Space.
- Rockets sometimes can't be clicked (Game needs then to be Reloaded)

If even you who is having these problems don't know how to reproduce them... how can anybody fix them?

The best thing to do productively and proactively is to figure out exactly how to reproduce these problems in a foolproof step-by-step way, then file clear bug reports. This vastly increases the likelihood of these problems getting fixed.