pether    1008
10 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

unify the code-bases between the original and Spaced Out versions of the game

Harmony 2.0

Demolition skill will be available for everyone!

OMG YES YES YES so coool! :D 

Do I understand correctly that when this patch goes live (in 2 weeks) vanilla and DLC will share 100% of the code (with ofc DLC-specific things not being activated for vanilla)? Or will this happen in several steps, with some more time before it is completed?

• Like 1

sakura_sk    1246
38 minutes ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Now, when you toggle the DLC on and off from the main menu, it will be running on the same code, rather than having to re-download the entire game from Steam!

It's a little bumpy... but it runs :D (Only one crash switching back a forth)

The main menu is a slideshow though :crushed: (even worse hiccups than DLC main menu...)

Spoiler

This time for some reason the cursor didn't load :rolleyes: (it was the first time it did that..)

Edited by sakura_sk
one more vid

sakura_sk    1246
1 hour ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Switched guaranteed marsh geyser from Cool Steam Vent to Natural Gas Geyser.

ok... I give up.. Only forest starts from now on. :jaded:

crbd115    325
2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

ok... I give up.. Only forest starts from now on. :jaded:

Why though I think this is a nice change, we don't really have that much access to natural gas in the dlc

• Like 3

sakura_sk    1246
3 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Why though

I didn't really need any natural gas so far and oil well/oil refinery give plenty. One source of water less (even if it was a CSV) means even less available water for SO-Terra

• Like 2

Ipsquiggle    8246

To clarify the timeline:

This mergedown and Harmony2.0 will go live for all Spaced Out owners on June 24th (this update).

We are still TBD when the mergedown and Harmony2.0 will go live for all Oxygen Not Included players. It will similarly be preceded by a testing branch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

crbd115    325
7 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I didn't really need any natural gas so far and oil well/oil refinery give plenty. One source of water less (even if it was a CSV) means even less available water for SO-Terra

True there is less water but at the same time natural gas generators produce polluted water. I think that for people transitioning from the base game to the dlc would be confused having no guaranteed natural gas anymore as it was sort of a core part of the base game. Though removing a CSV for it is debatable if its the right choice. The marsh typically has 2 cool slush, and I have almost always gotten a hydrogen and CSV as of the more recent updates now which is a lot of water. 

Just made a terra world to check it out, yea its just one CSV and the natural gas, seems kinda unbalanced compared to the other starting options then.

Edited by crbd115
  • Like 1

Electroely    4799

Were geyser spawns toned down this update? Instead of 4(?) random geysers on the irridiated & oily asteroids, I'm only getting 2 on beta-generated worlds (and also only one random geyser on the marshy asteroid instead of 2). I liked the higher numbers...

2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

True there is less water but at the same time natural gas generators produce polluted water. I think that for people transitioning from the base game to the dlc would be confused having no guaranteed natural gas anymore as it was sort of a core part of the base game. Though removing a CSV for it is debatable if its the right choice. The marsh typically has 2 cool slush, and I have almost always gotten a hydrogen and CSV as of the more recent updates now which is a lot of water. 

The amount of polluted water generates by natural gas generators seems very small... and I would like it if Terra was more comparable to the other two starts in terms of water sources.

• Like 1

crbd115    325
1 minute ago, Electroely said:

Were geyser spawns toned down this update? Instead of 4(?) random geysers on the irridiated & oily asteroids, I'm only getting 2 on beta-generated worlds (and also only one random geyser on the marshy asteroid instead of 2). I liked the higher numbers...

and I would like it if Terra was more comparable to the other two starts in terms of water sources.

Yea it does seem weird that it has less of everything compared to the other starts

sakura_sk    1246
1 minute ago, crbd115 said:

True there is less water but at the same time natural gas generators produce polluted water.

I don't think that is enough to cover it...

But.. What I should be saying from the start: Terra was lacking in geyser count and now is lacking even more.

*I'll conclude after the weekend if that is playable though :p

@Electroely -> "Fixed an issue where an unintended amount of geysers were spawning on some asteroids." probably this bug fix

• Big Ups 1

crbd115    325
5 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

I don't think that is enough to cover it...

But.. What I should be saying from the start: Terra was lacking in geyser count and now is lacking even more.

*I'll conclude after the weekend if that is playable though :p

@Electroely -> "Fixed an issue where an unintended amount of geysers were spawning on some asteroids." probably this bug fix

yea I'm going through each start now, terra had 1 csv and 1 nat gas and that was it, forest had 2 slush and a csv and hydrogen, and swamp had the same as forest. Yea that seems unbalanced.
Also on swamp start, the oily planetoid had only the sulfur vents which is also dissapointing

Edited by crbd115

Squeegee    813
12 minutes ago, Electroely said:

I would like it if Terra was more comparable to the other two starts in terms of water sources.

I think the water sources being less might be good since you get more general resources in terra. It also makes that world more unique in that it incentivizes space travel to get more water.

It might be unbalanced though

Edited by Squeegee
reworded
  • Like 2

Electroely    4799
9 minutes ago, Squeegee said:

I think the water sources being less might be good since you get more general resources in terra. It also makes that world more unique in that it incentivizes space travel to get more water.

It could be unbalanced at the same time though

Adding some guaranteed (hopefully cold!) water sources on the other two early-game planets could keep Terra unique in that regard while also making it more balanced. Though I don't personally mind it too much the way it is now - if it comes down to emptying out the Water Moonlet and taming its guaranteed 2 water geysers, then so be it.

15 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

Oh, I didn't notice that. I think it's kind of unfortunate... I had a lot more fun with the higher geyser spawns (and I still noticed significant variation between playthroughs...) if there's a mod that can bring these increased spawns back, I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 1

crbd115    325
Just now, Squeegee said:

It could be unbalanced at the same time though

But if swamp and forest starts also get access to space they just have more renewables overall anyway. Also if the player starting terra wants more water they have to go to the water planetoid which takes higher tier rockets that would be using their mostly non renewable water in the first place if they haven't spent it all on other parts of their base.

Just now, Electroely said:

Oh, I didn't notice that. I think it's kind of unfortunate... I had a lot more fun with the higher geyser spawns (and I still noticed significant variation between playthroughs...) if there's a mod that can bring these increased spawns back, I'd subscribe in a heartbeat.

I'm sure eventually we will have world features again like geo active or geo dormant again in the future

Personally I think that each start should have acess to the same number of the same types of resources, 1-2 water, 1 power, and 1 other.
Terra having 2 hot water and swamp having 2 cold was fair. Now terra has 1 hot and swamp has 2 cold and 1 hot. That just seems unbalanced

PhailRaptor    962

I'm slightly confused about this apparent reduction in guaranteed Geysers now in Spaced Out.  In vanilla, the Sandstone start had a lengthy list of guaranteed spawns:

• exposed Cool Steam Vent in the Jungle
  • exposed Cool Steam Vent in the Swamp
  • exposed NatGas Vent in the Swamp
  • exposed NatGas Vent OR exposed Chlorine Vent in the Jungle
  • exposed Salt Water Geyser in the Salt Biome
  • bricked over Cool Slush Geyser *somewhere*

So has the Swamp exposed Cool Steam Vent been removed from the guaranteed list?  It has the same chance of spawning as any other PoI in the Swamp Biome?  Is there somehow a reduction to some of these other vents/geysers?

I ask because I went through a long series of map generating to find one I liked just a few days ago in Spaced Out, and the list wasn't any different.  All the exposed ones were there.  Is that not supposed to be the case?

liotail    0
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Added sound for Solid, Liquid and Gas Meter Valves

but after update, My already-built gas/liquid/solid meter valves are gone and disappear in structure menu / research tab LOL

I miss you meter valves...

Edited by liotail
add something

he77789    123
3 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Critically though, there are several features that you've seen in Spaced Out which are now going to be part of the base game. These include:

Mind if I ask, when will the update for base game with the aforementioned features happen?

Gurgel    2664

• Desalinator no longer has a minimum output temperature for Brine
    • This may break some existing setups (frozen output pipes)

Thanks! The different behavior for Saltwater and Brine was surprising and having to cool the output down for Brine with a rather complex heat-exchanger for many uses (some types of farming, e.g.) was, I think, not really adding much. It just moved the freezing issues to the heat-exchanger. Also better to have behaviors for both liquids in line with each other. The Tepidizer can now be nicely used for avoiding output freezing in a simple and intuitive set-up for cold Brine.

Anybody that wants maximum efficiency can still use a heat exchanger to heat up the input (e.g. fed with 30C or 95C water), so that element has not vanished. It is now just less needed and placed a bit differently. 

Edited by Gurgel

gabberworld    226
25 minutes ago, he77789 said:

Mind if I ask, when will the update for base game with the aforementioned features happen?

most likely at next month

babba    1934

babba has soon unified the babba base...tiny tiny tiny....ahhhh, a bit more....yah yah yah !

Ive been on this for half a year now, a proper cold war rocket silo mega base...A bit more...

image.png.83627952b43e016467cdb6e5096b8bfb.png

...Then..."Soon" the first fat reactor, yah yah yah ! :afro:

THE GAME IS SOOOOO MUCH FUN KLEi ... please work on the games performance, many thanks !

image.thumb.png.f11aa6ce2252d709a144e7afd05c4ae8.png Reactor :confused::confused::confused: :flustered:Faster Stinky, faster ! Move things from there to there...

Edited by babba
  • Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1