First Impressions on the new event

3 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Does the new light thingy provide infinite light?

So it doesn't require any fuel so can technically provide infinite light HOWEVER it has a rather small radius and it has to be turned on to generate light. It seems to generate light for a certain amount of time before turning off and requiring you to turn it back on.

I believe that the crows do turn it back on when it turns off however much like how they can activate the confetti/glitter cannons.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Cactus boss?

Yeah I was thinking about boss ideas that might work in summer: some kind of giant plant like those in Hamlet(Cactus is also a cool idea) or some fire based folklore boss like a giant phoenix bird though i think we have enough "birds" surrounding us during the event

I think some were overhyped for this event due to misinterpret what the roadmap announcement said and because some of the recent updates have felt lacking on content (not bad content but EOTS has been the only big addition gameplaywise this year).

It's interesting; fun for a while. Pity that it was actually summer in my world and all the decorations I had worked for an hour to put up, and I had gotten four mystery boxes and one of everything else, all caught fire and turned to ash while I was playing a mini game for more tickets. =_=

I feel like this event depends on how you look at it personally this is my favorite event mechanically  however it feels like where everyone feels it's lacking is the reward which is fair but it's not time consuming and keeps your stats topped off for the time you invest.

Just tried the new event and I'm having a hard time saying it, but I dislike it. I know the devs/designers put a lot of work into it and love the work they do for DST overall, but I just can't get on board with this event. I also was expecting it to be more like winter's feast, though maybe not in the way OP was. I feel like winter's feast come's alongside the game while this event is more like the year of the ____ events. In-game mini-games you play once and will probably never play again. Anyone done carrot races recently? This was my favorite YoT mini-game and I have not done it since the event.

The reason I say winter's feast comes along side the game is because I would use it year around (and some servers do) if it was part of the vanilla setup. Sleeping under the tree to get good items, the winter's feast to help with bosses, harder deerclops. These are all things that can actually help you in the game while adding a little themed festivity. This is was I was expecting out of the summer event.

While the carnival games are fun a few times I don't find they add any real value to the overall gameplay and thus I will probably never do them again. The prizes are, well, again they don't do anything relevant for the game. They're just kinda there. While they said they want to add to it every year I'm not sure what they can add besides a few more carnival games, unless they add something completely different (I guess we'll have to see). The event itself really has nothing to do with summer other than IRL carnivals are in summer.

Personally I would prefer the dev's time be spent on character refreshes, new characters, or QoL updates. I realize they are doing lots of these this year, but I think I would rather even one more QoL update than another in-game mini-game. There seems to be so many of them now and in a lot of ways they are the same. Do this mini game, get prizes (that are also very similar), forget about it and never do them again. I think at this point I would be okay if Klei dropped the year of the events if it meant one more regular content updates that I will use and enjoy for more than a week or two. Unless they found a way to do the event that would be relevant afterwards.

My opinion remains unchanged- it’s a “Thing” Klei made the thing.. and they can continue to expand and improve upon the thing throughout the years.

With that said- Comparing it to Winters Feast means the event should have more to it, things WF has that Cawnival does not- such as cool skins for most of the bosses, unique boss fight (Ginger Varg or Feastclops) Event themed skins with increased odds of obtaining those event themed skins during the event.

Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing trees like the ones in the planter as actual full sized tree’s (I like the pretty pinkish Sakura tree look okay?!) 

But the TL:DR- It’s an Event that can be improved each year with updates.

2 hours ago, Dextops said:

god what would all the dlc characters be like wurt turning into a chicken why tf not but wortox and wormwood

Wormwood would be a would-be wooden woodpecker, wounding woodman Woodie's wooden wood, wouldn't he?

4 hours ago, MoonieSoop said:

I may just be dumb but how on earth do you trigger the event? How do you get the endtable? I can't find the table in any of my tabs and I have no idea what tree the crow is talking about...

Go to the bottom of your tooltip until you see Corvus's face while being next to him. It'll cost you seeds.

Endtable you get from finding a nightstand and beating it to death until you get a blueprint.

On 6/4/2021 at 10:16 AM, minespatch said:

Cactus boss?

I'd love another desert boss. But they really have to be careful with an idea like that. E.g getting punished for hitting your shots sounds like a nightmare.

On 6/4/2021 at 5:16 AM, minespatch said:

Cactus boss?

image.thumb.png.c901e0bdf61cb327eacca329ad0958b0.png

Watching "so what I'm a spider" gives me a curious idea:

A cactus themed spider boss for the desert. A cactus has multiple limbs, they could even go the tarantula route due to tarantula having plexiglass fur. So the "plexiglass" can act in accordance to the moon theme and cactus stingers.

I think it looks good if we consider it as new event.

The only big problem I see is art of few things (discussed on an older thread). Because of that, I just can't feel that summertime feeling. But they are really small problems that could be solved easily.

For example they could use warmer light colours and shining things on machines that remind summer nights (if game have that kind of mechanic). Current lightings feels really cold.
image.png.b1f27536d59ca2ac95fa3c2d21895c65.pngimage.png.f27bee7b7fa0051d84ec45c1cd243752.png

Archived