Loading screen tips

Many games have those sometimes useful loading screen tips, do you think the game would benefit from those 

Like, loading screens seem endless at times, you might as well learn something new in the moment, feel free to add tips you'd give

(intentionally dumb ones are welcome)

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Can I ask what platform your playing on? Loading screen are almost non-existent on the new Xbox X/S consoles.

pc, I know that the caves screen are far shorter now but in public servers if the host rollbacks and you have bad connection to the host it takes like 5 minutes, especially if youre in the caves

2 minutes ago, rafaelluismpalm said:

and sometimes mysterious tips...

like maxwell's ...?

It wouldn't go well with the immersion. Not for DST. The lack of a tutorial is by design. It's for the same reason tips are missing. The game has very intricate mechanics and figuring them out by yourself is part of the fun (even though some of them are infuriatingly punishing, lol).

there's already something similar

they're not tips, but whenever you create a new world/regenerate a world there's fun little messages about what's being "loaded in"

my favorite one i saw is "creating a sense of dread"

i dont have any pictures but theres some silly stuff in there

not tips but its fun

8 minutes ago, SkyistheGround said:

there's already something similar

they're not tips, but whenever you create a new world/regenerate a world there's fun little messages about what's being "loaded in"

my favorite one i saw is "creating a sense of dread"

i dont have any pictures but theres some silly stuff in there

not tips but its fun

I think those quotes need updating for newer characters, but I may just not have seen them in a while

14 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

It wouldn't go well with the immersion. Not for DST. The lack of a tutorial is by design. It's for the same reason tips are missing. The game has very intricate mechanics and figuring them out by yourself is part of the fun (even though some of them are infuriatingly punishing, lol).

I agree but there are exceptions to this though.

* Some mechanics are plain weird and can often only be discovered by sheer luck.
* The crafting tabs have a weird and often unintuitive organisation. Giving players hints such as "You can find a Bird Cage in the Structures Crafting Tab" can smoothen the experience.
* There are things you could in theory figure out by yourself if you don't have anything to do besides playing DST. They are prohibitively expensive to figure out w/o a wiki, guides, asking others or similar. Examples are some of the ingame behaviours and mechanics, console commands, what some settings actually do etc.
* 90% of players (this is a 100% exact guess!) don't have the hacker/scientist mentality to figure out some of the stuff that is more accessible but still requires time and patience to fully grasp. They will look for help *regardless* of whether you provide it via the game or not.
* Tips don't need to be overly specific or even directly mechanics related. They could be general guidelines such as: "If you take more time exploring you sometimes find alternative solutions to your problems." (Just an example).
* Some mechanics are extremely essential but are barely hinted by the game itself. For example having armor ready is super fundamental, still people kind of waste hours and possibly get frustrated until they figure out that they have been playing super-extreme-challenge-mode the whole time.

10 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I'd like to see the world generation screen with the funny texts when I'm joining a game, I don't see it at all even when I make a new world. Am I doing something wrong? 

It doesnt appear when you create a world but when you regenerate a made one

32 minutes ago, JeezSorry said:

Do you have a vignette active? that may be the problem, if not

I got zero clue

Oh I'll give that a go. 

26 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

It doesnt appear when you create a world but when you regenerate a made one

That's interesting. It's a bummer because I really enjoyed that screen. 

Thanks for the tips lads. 

Archived