Webber Rework Speculation

so we all saw the end of the eye of the storm update post, let's discuss

i think that the new gif is his new idle animation. the gif is titled "idleart"

but what about the contents? his new animation got me thinking-- what if he could make his own kind of bundling wrap?
perhaps in a new crafting tab (sort of like wormwood's green thumb tab), he has exclusive crafts that have to do with silk and other spider drops.
my best idea so far is that webber can create his own bundling-wrap like item with silk. 
this wouldnt act exactly like bundling wrap (that'd be too powerful) so i was thinking it holds 4 items, but doesn't delay/prevent any spoilage time. perhaps there's even an indicator (colors, maybe) that display the current status of the food inside. it'd be neat for saving up space!

so, any other ideas?

I'm hoping spiders get changed up a bit. Maybe nests will only grow if the spiders find food nearby? Some kind of pseudo-ecosystem that makes them a bit more dynamic. 

Things I'm not too sure about are how they'll make Webber distinct from Wurt and what, if anything, they'll do to spider queens. 

well originaly i was thinkin something like that he gets like poison or something like that and sticky turf that slows non players if they step on it but now that new animation of webber looks like he is now an arts character like the animation reminds me of origami like and now he can do some other silk crafts whit it to do something alsol this

image.png.7f0ca22ff623b0b821bc415a006b3ae8.pngspider whit hats now officail and if its not gettin in the game klei has lied to me

11 minutes ago, W0l0l0 said:

I'm hoping spiders get changed up a bit. Maybe nests will only grow if the spiders find food nearby? Some kind of pseudo-ecosystem that makes them a bit more dynamic. 

Things I'm not too sure about are how they'll make Webber distinct from Wurt and what, if anything, they'll do to spider queens. 

yeah the one problem klei has is if they focus on spiders there is a chance of making him just a wurt type character which is why i want them to move away from his spiders and focus on the human side of webber since all of what we know about him game play wise is spider side it would be cool to see webbers husbandry 

webber's gonna get 2 spiders than you can turn into warrior spiders by feeding 2-3 monster meat each. They are like maxwell's minions and dont attack anyone unless hostile to webber. they revert to regular spider with timer like woby. 

webber will be able to control spider queen.

webber spider dens will look different. 

I love Webber, so imma throw out a bunch of ideas I have. I would probably only want a couple of these instead of all of them, but I think there is great potential in this rework so imma throw stuff out and see what sticks with people.

Maybe Webber can do what Wormwood can do, creating a resource at the cost of a stat. If Webber could spend, say, hunger to create silk, it would allow him to create silk so much easier, and allow him special crafts with it.

Speaking of, Webber could have a weaving tab not only for silk crafts, but also maybe grass and reeds. Maybe he can make special clothing that give buffs. Not sure what since clothing is a pretty full category already, but a spider and pig mask would be useful, like his shamlet mask in hamlet, the spider mask would make spiders neutral to whoever wears it. Maybe he could make various masks for various creatures. Better traps would also be good.

Hats for spiders would be adorable, maybe they could give special buffs to them.

Spider bait would be interesting, allowing Webber to draw out spiders without getting aggro. And, if he has that, then maybe make spiders not target Chester, at least when Webber is around. Maybe even a warrior spider bait to draw them out specifically so you have more of the stronger spider types following you. Having bait would also be useful for farming spiders with traps instead of civil war. A bell could also work.

Tamed spiders not eating dropped food would be good. Would be good for using them for hunting. Maybe a special food that Webber can give to spiders to upgrade them for a while.

A way to easily transplant spider dens would be nice, as well as being able to collect cave and lunar spider dens somehow.

Maybe Webber looses some sanity when a spider dies, they are his friends after all. 

Maybe bring back some real old features and have some kind of temporary night vision ability. 

Maybe Webber can throw silk to stick enemies in place like a Ewecus.

Something to do with spider queens, maybe being able to tame and or ride them.

Maybe Webber can make better foods out of monster meat, like Warly's Monster Tartar or gets a better benefit from monster lasagna.

Maybe Webber could make special "toys" that do unique things.

Maybe Webber can teach his spiders to collect basic resources like grass and twigs and bring them to him.

Maybe Webber could gain special "mutations" based on the other spider types, like warrior, spitter, lunar, stuff like that.

Maybe Webber can make a salt lick equivalent for spiders, like a big bowl filled with some kind of "spider chow".

Maybe instead of making the silk himself, Webber could harvest silk from either the spider den, or a structure that he creates that the spiders will weave webs onto passively. Like a bee box but for webs.

Maybe spiders themselves could get some kind of rework or expansion, like how when Warly was added, they added more crops to the game.

These are all the ideas I can think of currently, but I'm sure that there are even better ideas floating around. Not sure how the last idea would work, but There could be some potential there. Tell me what you think!

It would be cool if he had a unique relationship with his silk beard. Like he can craft something to buff his spider army using his beard, and with the higher the stage the beard is when crafting, the more powerful it is.

I have absolutely no idea how viable anything like this would be, but I figured it at least sounds unique

12 minutes ago, Dextops said:

pls not another character specific tab pls im begging you

I never understood the hate for character specific crafting tabs, seems like a nice elegant way to give them items unique to them without making them start with them and or making them unbreakable. the only other option would be to bury them in the other tabs like how some of them used to be, a simple separation fixes that.

Please make it so when you give meat to an already befriended spider, it also increases the loyalty time of the other befriended spiders in radius as well.

Right now it only applies to when you want to start to befriend spiders, not when you want to extend their loyalty time.

8 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

I never understood the hate for character specific crafting tabs, seems like a nice elegant way to give them items unique to them without making them start with them and or making them unbreakable. the only other option would be to bury them in the other tabs like how some of them used to be, a simple separation fixes that.

the concept of it for me is kinda overdone and i am overexxagerating my suffering but i don't want the rework to focus on webbers spider half like his human half has nothing it would be cool if he had the husbandry skills he could've learned from his dad ect ect like a farming bonus pretty much anything focusing on webbers human side

1 hour ago, Dextops said:

pls not another character specific tab pls im begging you

for some reasons im pretty sure this is what goin to happen and if not that then other special crafting items are under other taps like how wigfrid spear and helm are under the battle tap or wurts buildings under the structure tap

theres a lot to unpack, but i'm gonna get into what i can!

21 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

Speaking of, Webber could have a weaving tab not only for silk crafts, but also maybe grass and reeds. Maybe he can make special clothing that give buffs. Not sure what since clothing is a pretty full category already, but a spider and pig mask would be useful, like his shamlet mask in hamlet, the spider mask would make spiders neutral to whoever wears it. Maybe he could make various masks for various creatures. Better traps would also be good.

Hats for spiders would be adorable, maybe they could give special buffs to them.

i love these two ideas especially, since his new idle animation is revealing a deeper love for arts/crafts for him. i think the clothing item could be similar to a shamlet mask, but actually have durability so it doesnt last forever (pigs are a big downside, after all)
not sure if i agree with the spider mask, though. the spiderhat from spider queen already does that basically

and HATS FOR SPIDERS!! i have no idea what kinds of buff they'd get, but that'd be so adorable

24 minutes ago, blacknight7890 said:

A way to easily transplant spider dens would be nice, as well as being able to collect cave and lunar spider dens somehow.

Maybe Webber looses some sanity when a spider dies, they are his friends after all. 

Maybe bring back some real old features and have some kind of temporary night vision ability. 

Maybe Webber could gain special "mutations" based on the other spider types, like warrior, spitter, lunar, stuff like that.

Maybe spiders themselves could get some kind of rework or expansion, like how when Warly was added, they added more crops to the game.

and going through what i want to talk about here, because while you have a lot of really cool ideas, i frankly cannot talk about it all without it getting overly long

transplanting spider dens sounds great. i want to be able to make a designated spider farm thats not in the rockylands because my friends need those rocks, too

the losing sanity thing sounds good for lore, but gameplay wise, it'd kinda take away what webber is really good at (spider wars) and with his already pretty low sanity, he wouldn't last long

night vision could be interesting! like maybe he has a little extra time to create a light source, could be helpful in the early game

the mutations idea is super nice as well, though im a little worried it might get similar to wurt's minor transformation when there's a merm king. + it would be quite a bit of work making sprites for all the different kinds of spiders

and finally, make friendly spiders neutral toward other players. please.

Whoever mentioned Webber riding spider queens, that's a really cool idea, basically a slower, tankier beefalo that can summon minions. I also hope the rework isnt just a crafting tab, there's so many characters who's perks are just craftable items, and it starts to get really bad with characters like Winona and Wurt, who's main upside is crafted structures that you can then swap to a different character while still being able to use them.

Archived