[Spaced Out! Update] - 459902

• Developer

Hi friends!

We're really enjoying all your feedback on the new worlds. There are certainly a lot of different perspectives on what makes ONI fun! While we may never be able to reconcile them all, these kinds of multifaceted (and civil) discussions really help shine light on different parts of the problem. Thank you so much for taking the time to contribute!

As always, please let us know if any new bugs have cropped up in preview, and enjoy the patch!

Features

• Added art for Cobalt Geyser
  • Added unique UI icons for all asteroids
  • Updates to Solar Panel Module art
  • Added sounds for a Duplicant emptying out a Beeta Hive
  • Added sounds for Beeta Hive

Changes

• Solar Panel Module generates max power while in space
  • Add/Change rocket module sidescreen now shows the engine's maximum supported rocket height in module button tooltips
  • Details screen now shows rocket height and max rocket height under the rocketry header
  • Added a conduit colour to Molten Cobalt
  • Removed electricity effects from Research Reactor art
  • Codex entry updates for some biomes
  • Clarification in Space Travel System codex entry

Bugfixes

• Fixed issue allowing germ duplication in falling water
  • Reduced thickness of world borders on the second and third worlds in the Classic Sandstone Cluster to make more room for world features to spawn & reduce the number of failed world generations.
  • Solar panel module no longer shows "no wire connected" status item
  • Rocket habitat modules no longer provide free steel and diamond when deconstructed.
  • Rocket habitat modules return correct masses for solid/vent/mesh tiles in their interiors when deconstructed.
  • Fixed issues causing Add/Change rocket module sidescreen to sometimes give incorrect information in module button tooltips.
  • Duplicants once again close their eyes while chewing
  • Fixed issue causing launching rockets to disappear before reaching the top edge of the map.
  • Fixed several diagnostic states that were unintentionally upgraded to 'red' status
  • Fixed a few harsh transitions in Research Reactor animation playback
  • Research Reactor's Radioactive Comets no longer collide with the building itself while it’s melting down.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 3

Its great that Klei reads the forums, many thanks :p

Developer participation:

Klei = 30%

Any Call-of-Duty-Forum = 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

image.thumb.png.5dbe69efb3df148be5f42c1cdb5bceb3.pngimage.png.dfbb4fb9e7fc4d397e534b47bc84d735.pngimage.png.763cc54c50c2045a0d8d1d4f4d84f498.pngimage.thumb.png.a7d58545b6be78119f1390f657fe9720.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 2
  • Big Ups 3

16 minutes ago, babba said:

Its great that Klei reads the forums, many thanks :p

Developer participation:

Klei = 30%

Any Call-of-Duty-Forum = 0.0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%

Done right it is a pretty great way to get good feedback. It does require you to understand your own limitation and it does require careful management to keep things from getting out of hand, but Klei seems to be among the few that have the skills to do this right.

• Like 8

Guest aresd

I may not understand something. But what is the meaning of teleportation from an oil asteroid with oil wells to a asteroid where there is nothing but oil wells on the " *poop* "classic" *poop* "asteroid?

Edited by aresd

32 minutes ago, aresd said:

I may not understand something. But what is the meaning of teleportation from an oil asteroid with oil wells to a asteroid where there is nothing but oil wells on the " *poop* "classic" *poop* "asteroid?

I think Klei is attempting to come forward and implement more resources on the dlc classic terra map, I think there is 1x oil well now in the 1st map ?

They have not yet worked on the 2nd spawn map ( which has lots of oil spawns, reachable via teleporter ). I think they now realized a bit more what classic players want, they need more time to work on further spawn implementations and renewable spawn changes. Give them more time, hopefully spawns will be better in a few weeks or month(s) - I`m praying for cold water renewables :rolleyes: + I forwarded your wish to be able to switch off teleporters in the world generation options. Touch wood :-P

Edited by babba
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aresd said:

Early access. As simple as that. This is not the final configuration and changes are made in increments.

1 hour ago, babba said:

I think Klei is attempting to come forward and implement more resources on the dlc classic terra map, I think there is 1x oil well now in the 1st map ?

They have not yet worked on the 2nd spawn map ( which has lots of oil spawns, reachable via teleporter ). I think they now realized a bit more what classic players want, they need more time to work on further spawn implementations and renewable spawn changes. Give them more time, hopefully spawns will be better in a few weeks or month(s) - I`m praying for cold water renewables :rolleyes: + I forwarded your wish to be able to switch off teleporters in the world generation options. Touch wood :-P

Exactly my take also. They partially revised the starting asteroid, but not the 2nd one (teleport-target) yet.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Gurgel said:

Done right it is a pretty great way to get good feedback. It does require you to understand your own limitation and it does require careful management to keep things from getting out of hand, but Klei seems to be among the few that have the skills to do this right.

It also helps a lot to have a niche game with a small but dedicated community. This sub-forum is being frequented by the same 20-30 people, and with that it's really easy to manage and weed out the bad actors in a timely manner.

Edited by Unfawkable
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Good bugfixes.

Obligatory:

Please remove free glass from window POIs

Thank

Someone suggested before that the POI windows can be made out of diamond and as you cannot use diamonds to build solar panels, problem solved. 

Edited by Magheat2009
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Removing free glass is not the only way to balance solar panels, so I wouldn't mind if KLEI decided to do it differently. Nevertheless idea is good and the reason is even better

6 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Yeah make it from neutronium like everything else. Clearly we don't need any other material in this game.

P.S. You need atomic research for solar panels now, and if you can do it, you can make some glass as well. Change glass to diamonds is even worse idea.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Good bugfixes.

Obligatory:

Thank

I actually like to receive materials from the destruction of existing map items :cheerful:

It feels like a kind of destruction reward - Especially for the nice big glass bars.

image.thumb.png.21cfad32769aa37dab4e7cd736dd870b.pngimage.png.a7419916f0ee4f5917cbc1da28629bfe.pngimage.png.befc7beb56fdc4e007662ef4a5334db3.pngimage.png.bb593545f979ebe282d9fa39a9409b4a.png

image.png.c83161bd63bff5f966532b3bf8fd676b.pngimage.png.c687d2e6c2abf2df2ce92df70ef8d9ed.pngimage.thumb.png.913dfd65013659edec74a16f41495b18.png

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Good bugfixes.

Obligatory:

Thank

This is akin to wanting to remove free refined metals from around volcanos or at the bottom of the map.  Using existing resources or items in the game to build other items is kind of the point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pether said:

Removing free glass is not the only way to balance solar panels, so I wouldn't mind if KLEI decided to do it differently. Nevertheless idea is good and the reason is even better

Its really easy to make glass, so the few kilos of extra glass dont count much at all. You need the glass forge, and sand. Pretty easy, isnt it? And sand is nothing scarce, because you can convert every mineral to sand. So its just a bit of dupe labour you save, if you get a bit of free glass. And there is always the third option: Dont deconstruct the window tiles.

• Like 7

I am not sure if this one is fixed yet:

You could drop stuff or put it in the storage bins in your spaceship and then transfer an infinite amount of them from one planetoid to another.

Btw, I think space exploration needs more rewards and lacks new contents:

Currently, there is no need to have permanent flights between planetoids. One way to add more rewards for space exploration would be to add some sort of chance game to get rare materials from the space exploration. I also hope KLEI adds more critters to the game, they add much life to the game! 

Here are the other things that would be nice to have:

1. More skins and customization for dupes! I know Klei is super good at this one from Don't Starve series, but I am not sure why they don't do it here.

2. Bringing back diseases.

3. Hats are useless.

4. New critters.

5. Optional: (option to be able to disable new printing pods)

Wishful thinking:

Finally, I think the game should encourage players to make the life easier for dupes. 

One natural way would be that happier dupes become more creative and can create some masterpieces or even new stuff.

Edited by evilcat19xx
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, evilcat19xx said:

3. Hats are useless.

As they stand, they're aesthetic only. But it kind of helps with your point 1.  Not only do we stare at goats, now we also stare at dupes?

Dunno, hats should probably provide some kind of buff regarding performance related to type of hat that is equipped...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Unfawkable said:

It also helps a lot to have a niche game with a small but dedicated community. This sub-forum is being frequented by the same 20-30 people, and with that it's really easy to manage and weed out the bad actors in a timely manner.

Given that I have about 16 people on my ignore-list, I guess it is a few more than that.

• Haha 4