[Spaced Out! Update] - 459902

7 hours ago, furytale said:

Yeah make it from neutronium like everything else. Clearly we don't need any other material in this game.

P.S. You need atomic research for solar panels now, and if you can do it, you can make some glass as well. Change glass to diamonds is even worse idea.

Do you mind explaining why you think replacing glass in windows of POI is a worse idea than making them out of nuetronium or leaving windows empty? 

5 hours ago, SharraShimada said:

And there is always the third option: Dont deconstruct the window tiles.

This isn't an argument. Nor is it an option. Everyone eventually deconstructs as much of the POIs as they can. People need to stop posting, "DoN't LiKe It DoN't UsE iT." as if its an actual argument.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

This isn't an argument. Nor is it an option. Everyone eventually deconstructs as much of the POIs as they can. People need to stop posting, "DoN't LiKe It DoN't UsE iT." as if its an actual argument.

Well, I like windows and I always preserve them as an endangered wildlife. It is shame we cannot build them :( But yeah, with exception of that little detail you are right

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pether said:

Well, I like windows and I always preserve them as an endangered wildlife. It is shame we cannot build them :( But yeah, with exception of that little detail you are right

Some more decorative background tiles would be nice, rather then just drywall. 

• Like 1
  • Big Ups 1

6 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Some more decorative background tiles would be nice, rather then just drywall. 

+1 Gravitas Mosaic tile & plastic ladders should be researchable + buildable

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, JRup said:

+1 Gravitas Mosaic tile & plastic ladders should be researchable + buildable

Plastic ladders are already researchable but I get what you mean. Most of the mods that make then buildable/researchable call them steel ladders and I think that would be a good tier 3 version of the ladder. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, crbd115 said:

steel ladders and I think that would be a good tier 3 version of the ladder. 

Yeah, it is sad that due to plastic melting you can't use fancy ladders next to rockets, so you must combine rocket science with stone age ladders :( so ugly :(

• Like 1

Just now, pether said:

Yeah, it is sad that due to plastic melting you can't use fancy ladders next to rockets, so you must combine rocket science with stone age ladders :( so ugly :(

I didn't even think about that lol. I never tried to build plastic ladders next to rockets but makes sense that would happen. I hope that in the dlc they add more uses for plastic and glass tbh. At least now we use plastic for space research. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Plastic ladders are already researchable but I get what you mean.

That's why I put "Gravitas" before all that. They're originally plastic alright and are "unbuildable" without a mod. They could just make them out of sandstone for POI purposes and allow us to destroy them at will.

22 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

Most of the mods that make then buildable/researchable call them steel ladders and I think that would be a good tier 3 version of the ladder.

That's the thing with most mods, I'd definitely love to be able to build some "ancient tech/POI flare" by default.... Make it a high tier research item and put some silly requirement like reaching the temporal tear... At that point you're either a crazy speedrunner or already done with the map and just doing "side quests".

1 minute ago, JRup said:

That's why I put "Gravitas" before all that. They're originally plastic alright and are "unbuildable" without a mod. They could just make them out of sandstone for POI purposes and allow us to destroy them at will.

That's the thing with most mods, I'd definitely love to be able to build some "ancient tech/POI flare" by default.... Make it a high tier research item and put some silly requirement like reaching the temporal tear... At that point you're either a crazy speedrunner or already done with the map and just doing "side quests".

I mean but they aren't high tech really at all. Building mosaic tiles,  a strange shaped chair, or glass background tiles isn't high tech, its just gated by the devs at this point or mods. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

its just gated by the devs at this point or mods. 

Correct, I'm just thinking "unlockables" at this point... Mods let us build an AETN or the NV even... I like to embed builds with existing POI stuff, but that Gravitas ladder next to the AETN was annoying to put it nicely. (Pic inside spoiler...) I'm still playing vanilla but dip my toes in Spaced Out! content from time to time...

Spoiler

924892935_Chlorinecondenser.thumb.png.9f7f9ebdbbee8cb802a633eaf30afc3e.png

3 hours ago, pether said:

As always, indestructible POI is a source of all evil...

KLEI, please, let us remove them and we will have worldwide utopian golden age of peace and prosperity

Some deconstruction abilities might as well use the unlockables treatment as middle ground...

• Big Ups 1

53 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

So what's the problem here? People deconstructing POI windows to get early glass to fast track solar panels? Does this really need developer intervention to block it?

To me this seems like a player problem not a game problem. What am I missing here?

3 minutes ago, CheeseGromit said:

So what's the problem here? People deconstructing POI windows to get early glass to fast track solar panels? Does this really need developer intervention to block it?

To me this seems like a player problem not a game problem. What am I missing here?

I couldn't care less about the deconstructing POIs or the glass people get from them. My point was exclusively towards people that think saying "not to use something" or "don't play the game" because you disagree isn't an argument and that is it.

Edited by crbd115
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, pether said:

I would love to build asteroid windows :x ... where the background stars glimmer through.

starglimmer.gif Twinkle Twinkle, little star

Edited by babba
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, CheeseGromit said:

I do not think you are missing anything here. Klei gives us a small amount of glass and oil on the starting planetoid, enough to have have glass and plastic made from that oil appear in care packages. This is clearly not an error or oversight, but completely intended.

Apparently some people have serious trouble dealing with that situation though and want Klei to change it immediately.

So let me state clearly here: I have absolutely no problem with this situation and want it to remain as it is. 

Edited by Gurgel
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, n_t_p said:

Please remove free glass from window POIs

12 hours ago, Magheat2009 said:

Someone suggested before that the POI windows can be made out of diamond and as you cannot use diamonds to build solar panels, problem solved. 

So I used to be on the whole remove the free glass from windows side when the dlc was in the earlier state but now that they've gated it behind atomic research I don't think the glass matters. However the solution they used does seem like it needs a bit more balancing which a lot of people are talking about. If they made the minimum number for space and atomic research 15 instead of 5 (like the rest of our other forms of research) this would be helpful, but we also need to not be able to do atomic research with just minimum investment like just building a radbolt gen on the top of the map. At least a shinebug or wheezewort reactor takes some investment. Making it so radbolt gens need a minimum threshold above 25 would probably fix that.

Edited by crbd115

5 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

At least a shinebug or wheezewort reactor takes some investment.

For me, it's the same investment (maybe less) than space. If you put a generator in space you at least need to have a gas atmosphere if you don't want it to melt. Leaving a generator next to a wild wheezewort or a couple of wild shine bugs doesn't need anything to gather radbolts.

The constructable glass aquarium, for dupe relaxation, costs 10 tons of glass. Players can destruct some of the games POI glass windows, to scrape together the construction cost of 10 tons glass.

image.thumb.png.4d15de44dca8d321a393ef3ef28a1c37.pngimage.thumb.png.d4c39f002945409b215457e3244215e6.png

The aquarium only gives a morale improvement, for visitor viewing and photographing dupes, if the hammerhead shark has evolved inside.

The "Hammerhead shark seed" can be found on the heavy radiated "Plutonium" asteroid, which is 166-199 tiles away from the players initial spawn planet. The found and retrieved seed needs to be dropped in to the aquarium + some nuclear waste needs to be added as reaction solution in to the aquarium, then the Hammerhead Shark will evolve and grow. Pacu`s need to be regular fed to the shark, to avoid shark depression and death.

Edited by babba

2 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

For me, it's the same investment (maybe less) than space. If you put a generator in space you at least need to have a gas atmosphere if you don't want it to melt. Leaving a generator next to a wild wheezewort or a couple of wild shine bugs doesn't need anything to gather radbolts.

This is all I do. Its quick, its dirty, but it gets through all the atomic research pretty reasonably and takes a min to set up. I just closed the door when I wasn't using it anymore. I'm not sure what the max output a singe wheezewort or shinebug is since I haven't tried to use them but I imagine its around 25 rads. If its slightly higher then make the minimum threshold for the generators slightly higher it's just a numbers issue. The point is its too easy to get rads and atomic research without even going to the third planetoid. 

image.thumb.png.f3e772dd46c2ca6c47dfc7c686d5bb3a.png

7 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

The point is its too easy to get rads and atomic research without even going to the third planetoid. 

What does the third planetoid have to do with atomic research? If there is a source of radiation in the first planetoid that means you are able to do atomic research before going anywhere else.

Did you recheck how collecting radbolts work after the last update? ([459378] "Disabled Radbolt Generators slowly lose stored radbolts") It did get harder to have too much radbolts early on. A short outage plumps radbolts to zero.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magheat2009 said:

Do you mind explaining why you think replacing glass in windows of POI is a worse idea than making them out of nuetronium or leaving windows empty? 

with free glass you can rush solar panels, but as I said it's not much of a rush now, because solar panels are gated behind atomic tech.

with free diamonds you can do many things, like making great hall without any plants (aero pot made from diamonds +20 decor), petroleum boiler without steel (you just need some copper), and probably more. It's hard to predict how players will abuse early free diamonds, and that alone makes this decision bad from game-designer's point of view.

Besides, diamonds are finite resource right now, glass is not.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sakura_sk said:

What does the third planetoid have to do with atomic research? If there is a source of radiation in the first planetoid that means you are able to do atomic research before going anywhere else.

Did you recheck how collecting radbolts work after the last update? ([459378] "Disabled Radbolt Generators slowly lose stored radbolts") It did get harder to have too much radbolts early on. A short outage plumps radbolts to zero.

They are only disabled because I finished my research which I said. The whole point of what I said is you shouldn't be able to do everything on the first planetoid because it defeats the purpose of the third asteroid. I never have an outage so I don't have to worry about losing radbolts.

15 minutes ago, crbd115 said:

The whole point of what I said is you shouldn't be able to do everything on the first planetoid because it defeats the purpose of the third asteroid.

The third radioactive planetoid has a purpose either way: it's the closest one to travel