Summer Solstice Discussion

An absolute buff to antlion or dfly

Maybe

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Maybe we'll get giant water balloon fights.:wilson_ecstatic:

For sanity 

Skins 

Maybe new variations of ice cream (a machine that is very same with seasoning station that adds berry and honey flavour or something)

I just had the idea that if you give sweet ice cream to antlion to get lucky gold nuggets

4 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

If it’s like animal crossing, the mayor will give us an espresso maker.

Since it’s not widely celebrated, I’d expect Independence Day stuff: grill cooking station, summer versions of the hot chocolate type foods like popsicles, and fire works.

klei is canadian, I dont see them doing 4th of july stuff anytime soon

Maybe water balloon fights, but remember, this event would be sorta like winter's feast, not the Chinese New Year events, where you get lucky gold nuggets and a shrine. It would still probably intruduce a couple structures and a new mechanic for the event. I do think water balloons could play into it. Maybe it'll be summer year round?

Considering Klei’s description for it was “a Summer event similar to WintersFeast” then I’m going to be severally disappointed if it does not live up to WF quality expectations.

This means: Special mob skins during event like FeastClops, Special Event Content like chasing down Gingerpig and smashing in their homes for Holiday Cheer, if they’re going out of their way to add a new Event, it needs to be something special.

Otherwise- we never needed a new event.

Tbh I'm not all that excited about it.

Seems kind of forced if I'm bein' honest.

Every other monetized game has some sort of summer beach/pool-themed event and it seems like dst will be no different.

I suppose that when Klei will be inevitably done with RoT there's going to be another period of time with no new content. And the more sesonal events there will be durring that time, to make the game feel not dead, the better.

Just now, __IvoCZE__ said:

it is celebrated widely across the large landscape of usa.

As a United States citizen myself, the holiday doesn’t get a mention in elementary schools, and I’ve never seen a bar with summer solstice cocktails or specials. How have you celebrated it?

Animal crossing hasn’t managed to do much with it ...

45 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

As a United States citizen myself, the holiday doesn’t get a mention in elementary schools, and I’ve never seen a bar with summer solstice cocktails or specials. How have you celebrated it?

Animal crossing hasn’t managed to do much with it ...

I think they meant the 4th of July

13 hours ago, Szczuku said:

Tbh I'm not all that excited about it.

Seems kind of forced if I'm bein' honest.

Every other monetized game has some sort of summer beach/pool-themed event and it seems like dst will be no different.

I suppose that when Klei will be inevitably done with RoT there's going to be another period of time with no new content. And the more sesonal events there will be durring that time, to make the game feel not dead, the better.

A man of culture understands why festive updates are bad?

Respect.

14 hours ago, HellHeater said:

An absolute buff to dfly

Oh I know the best buff! Make lavaes attack walls. Wow, now the boss is so much harder.

19 minutes ago, Well-met said:

Oh I know the best buff! Make lavaes attack walls. Wow, now the boss is so much harder.

Place a Flingo, problem solved in a very automatic way. Life's good in the Constant's hood.

Regarding Summer Solstice event, I just hope will not be too silly of a thing. Dragonfly, as summer boss, should get something special akin "Laserclops" and perhaps a funky mechanic similar to Festive Tree will also be introduced, yet more engagement-demanding (?!). We'll certainly see, since proverbial cat is already out of the bag with seasonal events on.

5 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Place a Flingo, problem solved in a very automatic way. Life's good in the Constant's hood.

Do they actually target the lavaes themselves? I didn't think flingos could target mobs.

Archived