Asian character

3 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

ninja is probably too outside their time period, Wigfrid gets away with it due to psychosis, but having multiple delusional characters is a stretch.

a modern interpretation, like a spy, could work.

What about a sleuth detective that was looking into their disappearance? With a trench coat and everything!

Also a tommy gun... Look, I don't make the rules its for the aesthetics! 

45 minutes ago, Owlrus said:

I always thought Willow was of Asian descent raised as a pauper in England. Just kinda my own head canon.

I recall hearing some theories about that, with some decent supporting evidence that I have sadly forgotten. However I'd say Asia is absolutely diverse enough to justify another character from another part of the continent.

Isn't Wurt considered Asian? I don't want sound racist but who the hell also are able to eat durian fruits without dying?

BTW I would be really happy to see mystic middle east character in game.

3 hours ago, W0l0l0 said:

I recall hearing some theories about that, with some decent supporting evidence that I have sadly forgotten.

(I linked to the post instead of directly to the video as the rest of the thread are is relevant to the discussion.)

30 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

yeah its hard to read when you are using google translate, making the font big, and putting all of your text into a ******* slider

Stop complaining about unmeaningful things and being rude towards other.

33 minutes ago, TemporarySolutn said:

sì, è difficile da leggere quando si utilizza google translate, ingrandendo il carattere e inserendo tutto il testo in un cursore *******

I'm sorry I'm Italian my English is not perfect and using the translator I do first I apologize.

i love asia i love its culture it would be nice to see a hint of asia woodie and canadian and maybe the other characters are of british origin warly is caribbean but i think it is more likely a snail character

1 hour ago, TemporarySolutn said:

yeah its hard to read when you are using google translate, making the font big, and putting all of your text into a ******* slider

Lad, you seem way too stressed/pissed off as of late (or always?) in almost all your comments. Chill, forums engagement should be relaxing pass-time, not an exercise in head vein popping.

Regarding topic at hand, as others stated above, it's implied in DST lore Willow, Winona and Charlie are in some capacity of Asian descent. If OP connotes a more stereotypical Ninja/Samurai approach, although looks more like a Steam Workshop mod overture, KLei could certainly go for a traditional Japanese or, given the Tencent and China market, a traditional Chinese character in the early 20th century zeitgeist (since those 2 are the biggest Pacific cultures, at least from media preponderance pov). If one is curious how that could be achieved, I believe this mod - Myth characters - offers a decent example.

Can we also have a hispanic character while we are on the topic of other potential races? I would love to have a burro kinda like Walter has Woby but that may be too inappropriate... Maybe a boomerang sombrero? Oh, a luchador! Lets suplex deerclops!

21 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

I just wish Klei would stop adding characters for this reason...the purpose of add new character shouldn't racial problems in the real.

Which character has been added to the game just to have some representer of minority in Don't Starve?

Archived