Asian character

9 minutes ago, --- -.- said:

warbucks was minority then he was kill :wilson_cry:

I don't think he was a minority, he was British colonizator after all. However, some people hated the fact his skin was tanned, which could be called a discrimination of some kind I guess.

9 minutes ago, inferjus4 said:

I don't think he was a minority

Technically, English are a minority in DS since almost all the characters are Canadians/Americans? The closest thing to English character right now is Wilba, but she's not really English she's Piglish..

Spoiler

Personally, the only thing I care about in characters is if they are cool I don't care about their race or if they are a minority and I say that as a guy which would be considered a "minority".

Idc if every other character added to DS is a furry or white or a magical unicorn as long as they offer a new way to play the game and aren't boring lol

Anyways... I'm out of this topic someone's gonna get it political and I honestly couldn't care less about that I just thought a Ninja would be cool like what's not to like about a character which can have a stealth-type playstyle it would be so cool

2 hours ago, --- -.- said:

Technically, English are a minority in DS since almost all the characters are Canadians/Americans? The closest thing to English character right now is Wilba, but she's not really English she's Piglish..

Reveal hidden contents

Personally, the only thing I care about in characters is if they are cool I don't care about their race or if they are a minority and I say that as a guy which would be considered a "minority".

Idc if every other character added to DS is a furry or white or a magical unicorn as long as they offer a new way to play the game and aren't boring lol

Anyways... I'm out of this topic someone's gonna get it political and I honestly couldn't care less about that I just thought a Ninja would be cool like what's not to like about a character which can have a stealth-type playstyle it would be so cool

I'm pretty sure both Wilson and Maxwell immigrated to America

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Goats

Dont count goats. There are stories they can eat even a pair of old smelly sneakers and be completely fine. If this is true I'm not sure, I never meet a goat to ask about it myself.

16 hours ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Lad, you seem way too stressed/pissed off as of late (or always?) in almost all your comments. Chill, forums engagement should be relaxing pass-time, not an exercise in head vein popping.

i also notice that. all good vibes and then he pop on one comment that somehow unrelated and somehow make people triggered because of his way delivering his opinion . 

Back to topic 
if Asian char i would love how about char that can make tons of pickled fruit and veggies :3 since we already get easier way to farm various vegetable but no way to keep it fresh longer unless it wrapped . maybe have timer when it pickled longer the status for hp and sanity even greater :3 

with a big Barrell that keep all food fresh unless it take out from it 

would be good for team with wurt too . sad wurt only get to eat boring cooked potatoes for now.

I'm Asian and in my place we pickled with sugar and salt . seems applicable with the stuff that already in game :p

2 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I'd rather just give Klei a free hand, when it comes to character development.

Adding someone for the sake of representing x part of the planet seems dumb and forced.

Yeah idk why people care about what race videogame characters are. Especially in this game with such cartoony graphics and ambiguity on character backgrounds. Who all even canonically has an official nationality? Warly & Wes from France and Woodie from Canada?

1 hour ago, Crestwave said:

People just like to see themselves represented,

Well it's good to know the thread was started by someone from asia mad they can't self insert in Don't Starve without their facial features being projected in the videogame and not by an european fetishizing and treating other cultures and people like play toys.

Gotta admit though the whole "Asian culture = ninjas" combined with a "it's our duty to patronizingly speak for other groups in their behalf, oh our terrible burden" is a hilarious mix. Sure, tone deaf, but still hilarious.

11 hours ago, Notecja said:

Dont count goats. There are stories they can eat even a pair of old smelly sneakers and be completely fine. If this is true I'm not sure, I never meet a goat to ask about it myself.

I saw a goat ate fish

Archived