Beefalos dont want to reproduce

I suggest some romantic music (perhaps from a gramophone?) moodlighting (mushlights?) and wine...(you're on your own as to what THAT would be in the DST world, without mods), then go away and let them get to it.

Seriously though, beefalo, like most other creatures in this world, appear to be hermaphrodites of some kind--because ONE beefalo can indeed remake a herd, given enough time.  (I've had this actually happen on at least one world.)  So them being the same gender isn't the problem.  If they're also red-butt...maybe it's a glitch, or maybe they need a certain amount of space for the baby to spawn in and the cage isn't big enough?

Or, as Just-guy said, maybe it's because they're bonded beefalo. After all, there is a bell lying on the ground there.

...Notorious

a beefalo bond with bell is still able to give birth to a baby beefalo, I can confirm this for you. my beefalo poop one rolling baby beefalo once when im riding on it, this is my first time actually watching how baby beefalo was born after playing Don't Starve for around 6 years, as shock as how I am when tallbird lay an egg in front of me

11 hours ago, gaymime said:

to be fair this isnt a very romantic cage

xD i know but xD

10 hours ago, prettynuggets said:

plant some flower to set the mood

Ill try it

10 hours ago, TemporarySolutn said:

have you considered that you may have 3 females

hahhhh yeah

9 hours ago, Just-guy said:

Did you use a Beefalo Bell to attract them to the cage?

I think they cannot have babies when bonded, though I might be wrong.

I did, but now they are free. One of them is baby which goes behind us earlier.

8 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Maybe they can with a voyeur looking at them

xD

8 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I suggest some romantic music (perhaps from a gramophone?) moodlighting (mushlights?) and wine...(you're on your own as to what THAT would be in the DST world, without mods), then go away and let them get to it.

Seriously though, beefalo, like most other creatures in this world, appear to be hermaphrodites of some kind--because ONE beefalo can indeed remake a herd, given enough time.  (I've had this actually happen on at least one world.)  So them being the same gender isn't the problem.  If they're also red-butt...maybe it's a glitch, or maybe they need a certain amount of space for the baby to spawn in and the cage isn't big enough?

Or, as Just-guy said, maybe it's because they're bonded beefalo. After all, there is a bell lying on the ground there.

...Notorious

XDDDD - romantic scene- love it <3

they had red butts for a few days and nothing happened

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

It needs a nightstand.:wilson_sneaky:

XD

5 hours ago, gghhrr said:

a beefalo bond with bell is still able to give birth to a baby beefalo, I can confirm this for you. my beefalo poop one rolling baby beefalo once when im riding on it, this is my first time actually watching how baby beefalo was born after playing Don't Starve for around 6 years, as shock as how I am when tallbird lay an egg in front of me

yup, i tried it on a map before QOL

4 hours ago, MAMMAL_MAN said:

I dont know alot about beefalo romance, maybe a nice candle-lit dinner could help?

xD

4 hours ago, Pinegrove said:

I think they've realized their fate as meatballs or turkey dinners or beefalo hats.

xD

2 hours ago, DaZoul said:

How about you killed their parents too fast, they didn't have "The Talk" with them

only two of them are parent-baby, I bring third one days later.

2 hours ago, Slagger said:

Interesting, do you using a mod about beefalos?

nope. Only options lots and more red butts in generating wrld options.

36 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

and who are you to judge them?!

owner xD

i made more space for them 

Screenshot_23.png

23 minutes ago, dzoli said:

i made more space for them 

Screenshot_23.png

2/10 still dreary. i recommend some flowers and telling off their nosy friend

in all seriousness though the larger pen and breaking the bond is what i would assume should fix things. lots of people were complaining that bonded beef still bred so i can imagine it being on the docket to be removed

7 hours ago, minespatch said:

It needs a nightstand.:wilson_sneaky:

As in a...ONE, nightstand?

;)

(not my joke, but I couldn't resist.)

The Talk?  Well, you see, when a parent beefalo and another parent beefalo are in love,  they get together, (after stomping any intruders who might happen by right then into a thin red paste), and then, a baby beefalo appears under a grass tuft!

Or sometimes it happens when one beefalo is by themself and they get bored enough.  : P

Spoiler

(And now I'm trying to remember which old episode of Sci-Show it was where they talked about a female fish who had been completely alone in a tank for a long time and suddenly gave birth to like 30 babies, "because apparently she got bored!"  XD  Yes, that's a thing, and apparently it's happened more than once.)

...Notorious

22 minutes ago, gaymime said:

2/10 still dreary. i recommend some flowers and telling off their nosy friend

in all seriousness though the larger pen and breaking the bond is what i would assume should fix things. lots of people were complaining that bonded beef still bred so i can imagine it being on the docket to be removed

but I broke bond in the moment they went into the farm, they are not bonded, the bell is only lying there :(

31 minutes ago, Notecja said:

maybe babies appear in old place? Little lost and absolutly wrong...? 

unfortunately not :( i checked every option and unfortunately still dont have many beefalos with options more/lots in generating servers. And of course this.

26 minutes ago, lakhnish said:

@dzoli Is the pen in an area that's loaded often? If I remember right, beefalos reproduce when they are offscreen (like goats), so if you are with them constantly, you won't get new beefs to spawn.

yes, it is stiil on, Ill check it right now!

Archived