Beefalos dont want to reproduce

14 hours ago, lakhnish said:

@dzoli Is the pen in an area that's loaded often? If I remember right, beefalos reproduce when they are offscreen (like goats), so if you are with them constantly, you won't get new beefs to spawn.

still nothing :((

3 hours ago, Notecja said:

try moving one of the beefs to caves and forget about that one for few seasons? During YOFB because of duplication bug I had more beefs in caves than on surface.

but my beefalo issues started after YOTB, after QOL update :(

8 hours ago, dzoli said:

but my beefalo issues started after YOTB, after QOL update :(

Well what if something is completely reverse? Because I had beef on beef bell and it got a kid on-screen. Twice. ^ ^" (I was twice mommy!)

There's a size limit to each herd, so a beefalo won't make babies if their herd is at capacity. Maybe your "captive" beefalo are still considered part of their original herd?

Try letting one out and see if it walks home.. if it goes back to a big herd you've found your problem.

On 3/18/2021 at 10:03 PM, Just-guy said:

Did you use a Beefalo Bell to attract them to the cage?

I think they cannot have babies when bonded, though I might be wrong.

the herd that used to be in my beefalo pen says otherwise

How to make new beefalo herd that will repopulate itself to maximum capacity (12) from a single beefalo:

1. Craft beefalo bell.

2. Find a beefalo and bond it.

3. Go where you want the herd to be.

4. Disconnect with bell in your inventory. Beefalo will leave the world with you.

Since beefalo is not longer present in the world, it will be considered lost and unlink from its herd.

5. Connect and unlink beefalo from your bell. Beefalo will make a new herd at its current position as it wasn't linked to existing herd.

You can also use this method to make beefalo herds in caves since moving between worlds unloads beefalo from worlds as well, breaking their connection to their herds.

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but as far as I know Beefalo actually reproduce by budding...
They don't need to be in a pair or more to reproduce. One is enough.

(Tested on a Beefalo unlucky enough to be the only survivor of Deerclops attack)

Archived