Is a 2 Wendy game viable?

So my friend and I both really like to utilize Abigail. I know it would be smarter to use Wolfgang or another character, but we enjoy playing Wendy best.

We have not tried a game with both of us as Wendy. I know a single Wendy/Abigail isn’t great for bosses, but if both of us are playing her, would it be viable?

We are pretty new to the game. The only other character that looks interesting for me to play is Willow, which I’m open to if 2 Wendy’s is an absolutely terrible idea that’s doomed for failure. Thanks for the help in advanced! We have only played through Fall together, and I’ve played a little bit of winter in the past. I’ve been looking up guides which has helped my gameplay over the last few days, but all advice is greatly appreciated!!

I’ve been searching for answers to this question for a while and haven’t found anything. If anybody has resources on this topic please let me know!

Abigail is not good for any thing that deals single target damage, Abigail is best for AoE damage, she may be OKAY for help fighting Deerclops: But she is not recommended against Bearger at All..

Bearger will make quick work of Abigail with his AoE slam attack.

Firefly as Well, there are methods you can use to prevent that.. (such as building a wall and exploiting the heck out the boss fight itself..) but if you did it Legit: Abigail will fail as she is intended and designed to do.

if your NOT looking to do boss fights then Double Wendy will be most OP thing Ever (except against shadow monsters, or well any future shadow monsters that are still to come)

Two Wendy’s = Never having to worry about hound waves or Frog Rain ever again- But Defiantly don’t go trying to kill Dragonfly with double Wendy & no exploits (you will fail.)

yes, it is viable. Is one of the stronger characters so having 2 npcs with 600 hp, shield, 40 damage and damage buff isnt a small thing

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Firefly as Well, there are methods you can use to prevent that.. (such as building a wall and exploiting the heck out the boss fight itself..) but if you did it Legit: Abigail will fail as she is intended and designed to do.

eeeem not at all. Lavaes has nothing to do with both sisters so 4 sister just destroy them... pls

In my opinion, do whatever you have fun with the most as there is no "one-way to play" in this game. Heck, my BF and I were playing Wortox and Webber which pretty much killed our chances of starting a pig farm, but we had a great time.

45 minutes ago, Giuls said:

I know it would be smarter to use Wolfgang or another character, but we enjoy playing Wendy best.

Why not just play Wendy then? There's no shame in it, and as for resources I think you should check out content creators such as Helicalpuma, Jazzy Games, and James Bucket if you're interested; they give a lot of good information and they encourage creativity by not endorsing any set game-style.

13 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

yes, it is viable. Is one of the stronger characters so having 2 npcs with 600 hp, shield, 40 damage and damage buff isnt a small thing

eeeem not at all. Lavaes has nothing to do with both sisters so 4 sister just destroy them... pls

Hi! Can you expand upon your counter argument of Mike23Ua’s comment? I see where he’s coming from but I’m interested in hearing more from you if you have anything else you can share on this!

Wendy is possibly superior in versatility to Wolfgang, and 2 Wendys can accomplish everything. 

And yes, Wendy and Abi can handle bosses, as a matter of fact 2 Abigails will make bee queen a lot easier than it would for most other characters.
A few things worth doing:

Spoiler

- Farm spiders with Abigail, and use the monster meat to put pigs to chop trees for you. When you are done, werepig them (give them up to 4 monster meat to each) and kill them one by one, collecting the regular meat and the pig skins. This grants you permanent Hambats and permanent football helmets
- Use said excess of pig skins to make more pig houses. More slaves, more resources.
- Farming spiders also grants a large amount of glands, and even though its always better to heal with food, don't underestimate keeping some healing salves at all times too.
- Use the excess silk for top hats (until you get the tam o-shanter) and tents. Later you can also craft bee hats (to fight bee queen) bird traps (to get morsels and feathers passively) and sewing kits to maintain your clothing and thermal stones.
- Excess monster meat and morsels can be turned into bacon and eggs or pierogi.
- Early game you can use Abigail to kill killer bees to get free honey and stingers (for your abi potion, or to make ash). Later you can just make bee boxes everywhere.

Advanced tip: Tame a beefalo! Wendy gets a huge damage buff over a beefalo with Abigail (a whooping +35% damage), and entirely nullifies her con while also gaining permanent regenerative "armor" and a permanent speed boost. She's by far the strongest rider in the constant.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Thing is you can’t really command Abigail to Attack what you want her to attack- at least not on Xbox One you can’t, You just Rile her Up and she attacks what she WANTS to attack (that includes your not yet fully tamed yet but bell bonded Beefalo)

Now if over on pc you can scroll your mouse over a particular enemy and tell Abigail to target that enemy and NOT Your Trying to Tame Beefalo: Then that IS OP and it needs to be nerf’d 

But since I don’t play on PC I don’t know all the differences between PC & Xbox though I do know they say things like Wortox Soul Hops is incredibly OP for PC & Incredibly limited on Console.

The thing I’m trying to point out here is I’ve been recently playing Dead Rising Remastered on Xbox One and by holding in RT and press X I can “shout commands to a location I want the A.I. survivors to move to” 

If I could do this with Abigail.., and have her say ONLY focus on the Larvae that Spawn instead of deciding to be right on Firefly when she enters Enraged Mode...

then Yeah maybe I could see your point: 

But I tried Double Wendy+ Abigails on it and me and the friend I tried it with failed miserably 

When we ACTUALLY got it Beat.. She was Wendy, I Was Wigfrid & I made sure I brought several Marble Armors & just stood in front of it face tanking damage (and putting to sleep as soon as Enrage mode starts)

And that’s the strategy I recommend to the OP if they want to fight Dragonfly: One of you be Wendy, the Other Wigfrid bring Healing, Armors and a Fresh Hambat.

17 minutes ago, Giuls said:

Hi! Can you expand upon your counter argument of Mike23Ua’s comment? I see where he’s coming from but I’m interested in hearing more from you if you have anything else you can share on this!

He just didnt try but talks so his advice has missinformation

You can focus DF aggro on you or your friend if you kite right so DF wont hurt abigail and if she does you can heal her easily since DF only deals 75 damage if im not wrong (and that means that 75 damage were tanked by abi insteas you so win-win). You have to be carefully with her enrange form because her AoE stomp deals massive damage and will let abi very hurted so pay attention, if you will use walls to cheese her, when there is few lavaes alive and recall her via flower (takes time) or control+click (insta recall) so she doesnt interrupt the effect of the pan flaute. If you dont use walls, not needed with abigail and less if you use 2 abis, since mikes is wrong and likes to give missinformation, lavaes have aggro on the player so tjere isnt much danger for abi but will help a lot to kill them with the aoe damage and bonus damage, sleep DF when she spawns the last ones so you can kill the lasts lavaes and prevent DF to enrange

Abi is great for that fight if you dont mess with the enrange form and 2 abis will make it so easy since, even if you miss the kiting,  they will tank the hits and in total is 1200 hp between both ghosts. 

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Now if over on pc you can scroll your mouse over a particular enemy and tell Abigail to target that enemy and NOT Your Trying to Tame Beefalo: Then that IS OP and it needs to be nerf’d 

Just move away? Lavae will find you and abi wont follow DF far away

12 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But I tried Double Wendy+ Abigails on it and me and the friend I tried it with failed miserably

That you failed doesnt mean is a bad combo

So pls, try to dont give bad advices just because you dont have enough experience like saying that wendy is bad fighting bosses when she is one of the best like has been said hundred of times 

Keep in mind that you don’t need to fight any bosses if you don’t want.

Spoiler

The winter boss appears on the night of the 30th, you can take your food and firewood into a cave before that and wait until spring, day 36. If done correctly he’ll never show up.

Moosegoose is the spring boss, but you can just run around her, she doesn’t chase very far.

The dragonfly only attacks if you stand near her too long, you can run away from her too. 

Bearger shows up during the second and later autumns, she’ll ignore you if you don’t eat around her. If she does get aggressive, lead her to a pine forest, her attacks are so massive they’ll chop many trees, and tree guards will start attacking her. After any source deals damage to her, she’ll forget about you.

1 hour ago, Giuls said:

So my friend and I both really like to utilize Abigail. I know it would be smarter to use Wolfgang or another character, but we enjoy playing Wendy best.

We have not tried a game with both of us as Wendy. I know a single Wendy/Abigail isn’t great for bosses, but if both of us are playing her, would it be viable?

We are pretty new to the game. The only other character that looks interesting for me to play is Willow, which I’m open to if 2 Wendy’s is an absolutely terrible idea that’s doomed for failure. Thanks for the help in advanced! We have only played through Fall together, and I’ve played a little bit of winter in the past. I’ve been looking up guides which has helped my gameplay over the last few days, but all advice is greatly appreciated!!

I’ve been searching for answers to this question for a while and haven’t found anything. If anybody has resources on this topic please let me know!

Wendy alone is strong pick, double Wendy even stronger. Like one does job with pipspooks, while other nuke spiders or frogs. Together or alone Wendies are not limited to trapfields. And later in game when you will get Celestial Portal you can always change to other characters. 

OnceI was playing with other Wendy, so we were kind of exchanging Abbies - when mine was low health, she was putting her own to run, and I got extra time to heal or hide mine. 

Wendy is the god of dst so two gods will destroy the game. Have fun having every boss in the game lick your boots. If you ever need some guidance I suggest the many videos on Youtube of Wendy wrecking ass and taking names.

I have the game on ps4 and she kicks ass there too. I dropped her as my main because she is way too brain dead but that's just my point of view. 

Of course there are character combinations that offer greatet utilities in unison and Wendy x2 isn't exctly such a great combo but more [active] players (players that at least try to contribute than living vicariously through others or aiming to destroy the progress of others) is always more beneficial in any almost combination. Even two people playing as Wes offers much more than a single Wes offers, just from having two active players to handle the workload.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Firefly as Well, there are methods you can use to prevent that.. (such as building a wall and exploiting the heck out the boss fight itself..) but if you did it Legit: Abigail will fail as she is intended and designed to do

Ah yes, the mythical firefly that shoots balls of light to stun you and hurt you and only the walls can prevent that from happening 

i was playing with 2 wendy with my girlfriend. and we had a blast. all bosses except badger were easy mode. and she since you'll be playing as the same character one can dedicate himself to farm pipspooks(to brew potions later on) while the other will establish base and etc.

1 hour ago, W0l0l0 said:

I'm just here to ask: Does the petal buff stack with multiple Abigails? My guess is no, but please advise. Thanks! 

I think realistically you may be able to stack the Duration of the petal buffs (by having one Abigail attack right after the other attacks) But it does not stack the Damage from the petal buff if that’s what your wondering.

Its also important to note that the Petal Buff damage boost does not impact Abigail (so the second attacking Abigail won’t get petal buff from the first Abigail only the Wendy players get that buff)

I have NOT tested Abigail + Bernie to see if he gets the petal damage boost but I’m going to guess he does not?

Wendy's upsides are spectacular (most combat situations are easier and some are trivial, she has fewer problems keeping sanity high, and swarm mobs are fountains of loot) and she has few significant weaknesses, so yes, very viable for solo or twin-character play.

Those weaknesses do exist, though, and are probably worth noting so you can compensate more easily:

1. Shadow Creatures.
Wendy deals 3/4 as much damage to them and Abigail won't help her against them. So if you do go insane despite the sanity resistence, or if you get caught in the caves during the nightmare cycle, it will be more dangerous for both of you. Willow synergizes well with Wendy for this reason.

If you need to farm nightmare fuel, Wendy is well-advised to stay away from Terrorbeaks and Crawling Horrors and instead farm Shadow Spleumonkeys at the entrance to the ruins. Not only is this easier, it's hilariously profitable. Take a couple regen potions, though: if you lose Abi you won't have time to re-summon her.

2. Hard-hitting enemies. Certain mooks can take down Abigail very quickly, leaving you without your ectoplasm-shield and at a 25% damage disadvantage, and it takes experience to know when to tank damage for her and when to unsummon and run. Treeguards, depths worms, tentacles, clockwork rooks and all bosses generally have very little trouble killing her and require you to provide tank support. Two ghosts will definitely neutralize that weakness, though.

Counterpoint: Expert players will note that with perfect kiting it's possible to bait and dodge attacks such that most enemies never even target Abigail, meaning Abigail provides a ton of free damage with zero downsides and makes Wendy one of if not the best character in the game for soloing bosses. This trick does require perfect timing, though. I've never been able to master it.

3. Harvesting.
Not specifically a weakness of Wendy's, but playing as any character without a Woodie or Maxwell on the team can get grindy. The "Action queue reborn" mod can take some of the grind out of it since it provides spam-click chopping speed without actually requiring you to spam-click. Up to you if you're comfortable with this or not.

23 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

He just didnt try but talks so his advice has missinformation

You can focus DF aggro on you or your friend if you kite right so DF wont hurt abigail and if she does you can heal her easily since DF only deals 75 damage if im not wrong (and that means that 75 damage were tanked by abi insteas you so win-win).

Minor correction: Dragonfly deals 150 damage to all mobs, including Abigail.

1 hour ago, QuQuasar said:

Minor correction: Dragonfly deals 150 damage to all mobs, including Abigail.

I forget the double damage for mobs but still being easy to manage

1 hour ago, QuQuasar said:

depths worms

As recommendation to fight them: dont rile up her, just wait until all of them have their atack sync and do as much damage as you can when they are underground. If they atack at the same time they won deal 75 damage per worm since the shield would block most of the damage and abi, who has 600 hp, would be able to tank enough damage to let them weak or even some of them killed. When she is at 1/4 or 1/3 of her hp just unsummon her taking advantage of how slow are worms and finish the work with few hits. Having a morning star makes the job really easy. But is so important to have their atacks synchronized to make abi able to tank and kiting them in the last second to maximize the damage before abi gets serious wounded

The problem I tend to have with DF vs Abigail is that in Order to Recall her into her flower & Thus: Safely heal her up- You have to literally be within Spear slapping distance of Abigail and press Left on Your Dpad.

When You grab a Potion to Apply onto Abigails Flower you enter a “Not-Pause” state of the game- Which is to say: Your Character Pauses & you can’t perform any other actions while grabbing your potion and dragging the thing onto Abigails Flower- In Short: YOUR DEAD GG WELL PLAYED.

A Problem that personally shouldn’t even NEED to exist because instead of scrolling to a potion, grabbing it and dragging it onto her flower I should be able to just scroll to the potion itself and press like say Y to Apply.

It does not solve the “Not-Pause” issue of being unable to move while navigating this menu- but it DOES drastically cut down on time you’d spend grabbing potions and dragging them from one section of your inventory onto the Flower.

Now Because I have to be within spear slapping distance to Return Abigail, AND Because I have to enter into a “Not-Pause” Status while Applying Potions means that to “Successfully” Fight Dragonfly With Abigail is almost near impossible: You say “Just move out the way Bruh..”

I say: I’ve tried that- And having to either be right up beside Abigail OR Enter a “Not-Pause” Status to apply potions to her Flower, Means that Dragonfly never gives me room to even breath.

There is also the fact that moving too far away from the Dragonfly causes it to float up into the sky and Respawn again at full health so all the work you put into it ends up wasted time.

And personally: I don’t think her loot drops are worth all the hassle in fighting her- so it’s a fight I tend to avoid doing at all unless I just really really REALLY Want to add some Dragonfly Statues to my bases for purely cosmetic purposes.

In Conclusion: OP As I stated before if your thinking Two Abigails are going to tank most bosses for you, you would be Better off playing as Wigfrid while your friend plays Wendy or Vice Versa: The Wigfrid player can tank all the damage & life-steal, while also getting the benefits of the damage buff from Abigails petals.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

The problem I tend to have with DF vs Abigail is that in Order to Recall her into her flower & Thus: Safely heal her up- You have to literally be within Spear slapping distance of Abigail and press Left on Your Dpad.

but.... you can drag your flower into abigail to unsummon her. then use flower to summon her back. no need to stabby stab your poor twin sister.

24 minutes ago, Slynxx said:

but.... you can drag your flower into abigail to unsummon her. then use flower to summon her back. no need to stabby stab your poor twin sister.

Only for PC can you drag the flower onto Abigail to Unsummon: it is so broken & unfair to console players that i personally would never want to see Cross-Play between PC & Consoles unless they both were balanced fairly- Otherwise PC will always have the clear advantage-

And you’ll have the disaster of once PC players found out they’re playing with console players they’ll kick the console player out to get more PC players instead.

Its not just Abigail this problem effects, Teleportation as Wortox & using teleportation staffs are also severely limited using a Xbox controller compared to the ol Keyboard mouse combo. :(

Archived