Summer sucks

19 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

There are more ways than just Flingos to counter Wildfires.

I haven't written anywhere that "wildfires are a good survival feature based on the current implementation". In general am ok with them, as I've adapted. My point was "If Wildfires/Smoldering ... go the way of Disease, it will subtract even more from game Survival aspect." Aka If Smoldering is removed as a whole without any substitute/reiteration, like some in this thread suggested or implied. Imo Wildfires as a mechanic may benefit from some tweaks. "Evolution, not Revolution". Accent on "may". And further Summer elements added, like what I pointed at in my first post.

I could also indicate Ruins riding as a consistent source of Gears (usually around 20-40 per complete looting) for 10-20 Flingos that I believe can cover more than 1 biome with ease (In case mega-basing is your goal). As for fuel, Charcoal from controlled burning is plenty to power all of them. Then again, is my subjective assessment as "incredibly oppressive" is your very particular pov.

I don't think anyone is advocating for the removal of wildfires--necessarily, though. People want summer to be a more interesting season overall. Removing wildfires is something that I personally believe will be foundational to making it more enjoyable, with the implementation of more robust and actually challenging mechanics (rather than outdated, tedious, unfun ones). They can make good seasons. I just don't think summer is one of them.

I've been saying this since 2014 when RoG first came out for the original Don't Starve:

Now we have come full circle. Needless to say, even with the additions and changes in DST such as the Oasis or Antlion, not much has really changed in ~7 years, other than the Dragonfly being made into a raid boss and thus making Summer have even less content. Summer is still just a roadblock for any productivity that doesn't involve directly combating its mechanics, because there's not much else to do during the season in the first place.

Removing or re-working wildfires (which already got dumbed down and made easier in DST) is still not the solution though and would only further enhance the problem.

17 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

I've been saying this since 2014 when RoG first came out for the original Don't Starve:

Now we have come full circle. Needless to say, even with the additions and changes in DST such as the Oasis or Antlion, not much has really changed in ~7 years, other than the Dragonfly being made into a raid boss and thus making Summer have even less content. Summer is still just a roadblock for any productivity that doesn't involve directly combating its mechanics, because there's not much else to do during the season in the first place.

Removing or re-working wildfires (which already got dumbed down and made easier in DST) is still not the solution though and would only further enhance the problem.

Removing wildfires is the easy-to-go solution people come about so that they can still be productive and do things at their base in a season that has the biggest downsides and offers little in comparison. So turning a high risk low reward into low risk low reward. I just want a firefighter alarm with a nice range that tells me when smoldering is going on, so I can get there in time.

Though you know can be done in summer? Go sailing! Your base won't burn and you can get the special summer fishes and while surviving overheating with the winter fishes (or a fridge and a truckload of thermal stones in case you didn't catch it).

The ocean is not exactly brimming with content at the moment, but it might be an interesting solution to spend your time once that changes in the near future.

For now tho, just go down the caves and get the free rocks from antlion is my to-go plan for summer.

10 hours ago, Hornete said:

The loading distance extends out of your screen a little bit though so things could still burn outside of your viewing distance.

the furthest an item can be away from player in order to start smoldering due to wildfire is 25 unit, the approximate area is seen in this picture (gold nugget circle)

Default view

Spoiler

20210218025341_1.thumb.jpg.86a7fb0047b3a4d81f357f82e2492580.jpg

Zoomed out view

Spoiler

20210218025351_1.thumb.jpg.b5b8c303fe22bde2e1e4c790e4968313.jpg

10 hours ago, Ohan said:

I think the smoldering should come in periodic "Heat Waves"

They are actually happening in fixed intervals of 45 seconds. Once the countdown is finished there is 20% something will actually catch fire in the vicinity of player

47 minutes ago, Parusoid said:

the furthest an item can be away from player in order to start smoldering due to wildfire is 25 unit, the approximate area is seen in this picture

Which hasn't changed for a long while, I made an infographic showing how you can extend a flingo to have about 6.32 times the area coverage given 4 lure bulbs since the bulbs have highest priority to start smoldering- they will smolder first if available.  Good for bigger bases.

Yep Summer sucks. Its the only part of the ingame year I dread. I used to enjoy the challenge but now I just hate it with a passion.

I can't work on any projects, can't fight bosses and essentially can't do what I want to do for an entire season. I have a huge base in a longterm world and even with flingos covering everything its just not safe or worthwhile being ANYWHERE near my base just to be safe. In the past I have had way too many incidents and catastrophic fires (in other worlds and this one) that have undone so many hours worth of work that it just isn't worth the risk anymore. Everything also withers and I prefer all my plants and whatnot to remain as is and not require fertilizer constantly.

Everyone knows how Flingos work but the fact is that their radius and the actuwl way they work sort of sucks, the fact they put out firepits is annoying and depending on what is actually burning emergency mode can easily fail and allow things to burn completely before trying to put them out. Wildfires starting outside of your visible area is also just beyond stupid especially on console, too many times have I sprinted past nearby some important resource only to return x days later to see it randomly burnt without any visual, audio or otherwise indication that this was happening at the time. Literally the ONLY WAY to avoid this is to not roam around during Summer at all and either stay put in the Oasis or in the Caves. Luxury Fans, Water Balloons, Flingomatics and anything else you can think of aren't going to do **** against a fire you have no idea is even burning that you were given no indication of.

Winter and Spring have unique mobs with great drops and Autumn is a complete free pass and the best season to be going on long adventures, building projects etc as you have little to worry about other than fire hounds. Winter has amazing bosses and Spring has Meese Geese everywhere as well as Frog Rain. Even Autumn at least has Birchnuts going for it. Summer has nothing of any real value (Cactus is overrated you can achieve the exact same thing with a ton of other food sources most of which are movable unlike cactus, also no other food gathering damages you..) and is literally just you fighting the world itself to stay cool, stop your base from burning down and stop anything else you consider vaguely valuable or worth keeping in your world burning down as well.

Antlion SUCKS, his battle is boring and his drops are worthless for single player (yeah the structure is a great insanity machine but you only need one in base and one at lunar island then you never need another one). Literally the most exciting thing about him is that he gives awesome glass statues you can decorate with. My Antlion happens to live right next to a meteor area though so I can't leave the statues to collect at a later date or they get destroyed... lovely. Also his sinkholes are weird - they are either really great and you can use them to get a handful of free rocks/logs/whatever you lead them to to get some free destruction or are absolutely terrible and can completely ruin a base or area and destroy invaluable structures or irreplaceable natural resources/structures. So long as you manage them properly (which is super easy) they are essentially a beneficial effect, somehow mess up once and allow them to appear when they shouldn't though and its a complete disaster. I also hate those boulders he makes in the caves - I know many use them as Walls or whatever but as someone who doesn't utilise them they just block paths and look ugly.

Yes going to the Caves avoids the entire issue but once you are a couple of thousand days into a world and have reset ruins a ton of times already and have cleared out amything worthwhile in the rest of the Caves it just gets boring being forced to stay away from your base and everything you want to do for an entire season. I have to invent all sorts of new or clever ways to make my caves fun now. Similarly the Oasis is another great option but again in a long term world once you have a massive supply of Festive Lights (I seriously have so many and I spent a single Winters Feast farming them on and off) there is honestly no point fishing in the oasis at all. You can get buttloads more trinkets from Ruins so forget that and once you have the Desert Goggles you don't ever need the blueprint again. I like to farm chilis and garlics during summer at oasis and also mine marble trees so that im making the most of things and trying to be as productive as possible but even then I am swimming in spices already and I rarely even use marble armor anymore.

Every other season I can go anywhere I want and work on/focus on whatever I choose. During Summer I am forced to remain at the Oasis or in the Caves (which again I no longer really find exciting after too many ruins resets and clears) and if I choose the Oasis I have to stay put in one biome for most of the season (I sometimes go out further at evening and night when there are no wildfires but these last like 30 seconds for most of summer so you don't really have time to do anything meaningful). Summer is just frustrating, it has nothing going for it and is oppressive to the degree where the vast majority of players COMPLETELY avoid the seasons effects by just staying at Oasis or Caves. That is just silly and there really needs to be rewards and reasons to stay on the surface outside of the sandstorm as currently there is just no reason not to do Oasis or Caves.

Summer needs a rework or at the very least a bunch of new mobs/drops. I REALLY wish I had just turned wildfires off completely in my main long term world and every single summer I experience has me wishing for this more. At the time I didn't want to change too much from the standard settings as it felt "cheaty" or "cheap" and I couldn't regret that decision more.

Overheating is totally fine and honestly everything withering as painful as it is makes sense, it is wildfires and wildfires alone that completely suck all the fun out of Summer. Even fire hounds aren't too bad as you can prepare accordingly and you have to face them in Autumn anyway.

Also Endothermic Firepits are too expensive, they need to be brought down a bit. 

I wonder why summer sucks so much when it's one of the biggest features of RoG, which currently costs half the price of DS. I would think one of the main things of an expansion that costs half the price of the game would at least be able to compete with a base game feature like winter.

21 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

I wonder why summer sucks so much when it's one of the biggest features of RoG, which currently costs half the price of DS. I would think one of the main things of an expansion that costs half the price of the game would at least be able to compete with a base game feature like winter.

Reason is ignored here!

43 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Wait you paid for RoG separately? There is no version of the game on Xbox that you can even buy that doesnt come with RoG- Summer has been a staple part of playing this game on Xbox since its Inception.

Why are people voting NOW to remove it? 

6 hours ago, CremeLover said:

Though you know can be done in summer? Go sailing! Your base won't burn and you can get the special summer fishes and while surviving overheating with the winter fishes (or a fridge and a truckload of thermal stones in case you didn't catch it).

Don't go anywhere even close to a shoreline if you are doing this though or fires will start without you even knowing. This strat only really works if you stay WELL away from any shore including lunar and pearl.

I've experienced disaster doing this..

6 hours ago, CremeLover said:

. I just want a firefighter alarm with a nice range that tells me when smoldering is going on, so I can get there in time.

Honestly if we just had a really loud visual cue and maybe even tiny visual cue as well any time that anything within a very large radius (bigger than the actual wildfire radius for safety) is burning or smouldering from wildfires I would be completely fine with them still otherwise working the way they do. This way you would just need to carry waterbaloons/Ice staff or whatever with you during Summer and would always get the chance to extinguish off screen fires.

Maybe even a late game ancient craftable that so long as it's in your inventory it detects fires in a huge radius and gives an Audio and visual cues in the direction of the fire! A fire detector! Lasts two summers roughly and cost thul, yellow gems and moonglass. 

55 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Wait you paid for RoG separately? There is no version of the game on Xbox that you can even buy that doesnt come with RoG- Summer has been a staple part of playing this game on Xbox since its Inception.

Why are people voting NOW to remove it? 

Nobody is voting to remove summer, Mike.

Some people just really do not like wildfires because to them it is not a fun mechanic to endure. As to why people just now would like for things to be changed, it is probably because now more than ever the dev team listens to what we have to say and because people's views on things change over time as they themselves also change.

DST is a sandbox survival game, thus it should only be fair that basically anybody should be able to have fun some way or another, without needing to ignore entire features and mechanics just so they can even begin to enjoy it.
And for those who want the game to be more of a challenge, we still have world customization (which will potentially receive an update next month, allowing for even more options).

As much as I would like to agree wildfires could be improved, I ultimately feel like the game could be better off without them, just like disease. I too wish mechanics could just get improved instead of removed, but sometimes that is just the better, more simple solution.
It's a fairly natural part of working on a game to scrap or remove things which didn't work out all that well. That doesn't "destroy" the game just because one ultimately fairly meaningless feature has been removed.

16 hours ago, Ohan said:

I think the smoldering should come in periodic "Heat Waves" that are announced and more telegraphed, ambient temps could also spike then so ud need extra protection or something.

That is hands down the best solution I've heard.

It would be basically a way more dangerous hound wave, and the thing about hound waves is that you always have time to go to whatever you have prepared for it, and that's why it works. Imagine having hounds randomly appearing in your base without any warning and forcing you to build the base with toothtraps everywhere, but also the "toothtraps" needing constant fueling to become active.

That would actually make for fun "oh no, we need to leave fast" moments, and not "I forgot my moggles in the surface and now I have to wait for nighttime and if I take too long to load out of the caves, my base might just burn and destroy hours of progress without anything I can do to stop it if it happens offscreen and I don't see it to use my luxury fan in time, and then, all I'll be able to feel will be pain and frustration." moments.

But yeah, I really hope your suggestion becomes a reality.

16 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

I think it'd be cool if food dropped on the ground in summer would get cooked after a few seconds, like the ground's so hot that food gets grilled just from laying there.

Drop 2 eggs and 2 meats on one spot and your bacon and eggs are ready to eat!

34 minutes ago, Freshness said:

Nobody is voting to remove summer, Mike.

Some people just really do not like wildfires because to them it is not a fun mechanic to endure. As to why people just now would like for things to be changed, it is probably because now more than ever the dev team listens to what we have to say and because people's views on things change over time as they themselves also change.

DST is a sandbox survival game, thus it should only be fair that basically anybody should be able to have fun some way or another, without needing to ignore entire features and mechanics just so they can even begin to enjoy it.
And for those who want the game to be more of a challenge, we still have world customization (which will potentially receive an update next month, allowing for even more options).

As much as I would like to agree wildfires could be improved, I ultimately feel like the game could be better off without them, just like disease. I too wish mechanics could just get improved instead of removed, but sometimes that is just the better, more simple solution.
It's a fairly natural part of working on a game to scrap or remove things which didn't work out all that well. That doesn't "destroy" the game just because one ultimately fairly meaningless feature has been removed.

Just because the devs are listening to fan advice doesn’t mean features that have existed for years needs to be removed- there are ways, structures, places you can go, playable characters that counter/help with Summer.

They may not be the most effective things ever but they do exist solely for that purpose.

Summer as a season has always been blistering heat, things getting so hot they spontaneously combust into morsels, and if you didn’t know about Ant-Lion you would assume the very ground beneath your feet was getting so hot it was collapsing in on itself from sheer heat.

The world we live in.. these types of things CAN and DOES actually exist (maybe not the exploding rabbits part, But Wildfires, And it’s Offspring: Firenados are real things..

https://weather.com/news/news/2020-08-16-fire-tornado-lassen-county-california-nws-warning

People want summer to be Happy fun times, and even in reality it is a harsh and unfun time for some parts of the world.

I am not joking about wanting Antlion sinkholes to blister up and become Magma pools capable of spawning Larvae & Magma Golems.

Summer needs to be harsh, it needs to have exciting content and blistering heat storms.

Maybe they can add fun stuff like Mirage versions of the Oasis.. or even snakes from shipwrecked come about in Summer season.

I want it to be fun.. I want it to be unique, I want it to be as content rich as winter, but I DONT want it nerfed to be less destructive.

4 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The world we live in.. these types of things CAN and DOES actually exist (maybe not the exploding rabbits part, But Wildfires, And it’s Offspring: Firenados are real things..

https://weather.com/news/news/2020-08-16-fire-tornado-lassen-county-california-nws-warning

a wildfire refers to any fire that isn't contained, wildfires can be man made (most are)

Nearly 85 percent* of wildland fires in the United States are caused by humans.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/wildfire-causes-and-evaluation.htm

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Just because the devs are listening to fan advice doesn’t mean features that have existed for years needs to be removed- there are ways, structures, places you can go, playable characters that counter/help with Summer.

They may not be the most effective things ever but they do exist solely for that purpose.

Summer as a season has always been blistering heat, things getting so hot they spontaneously combust into morsels, and if you didn’t know about Ant-Lion you would assume the very ground beneath your feet was getting so hot it was collapsing in on itself from sheer heat.

People want summer to be Happy fun times, and even in reality it is a harsh and unfun time for some parts of the world.

I am not joking about wanting Antlion sinkholes to blister up and become Magma pools capable of spawning Larvae & Magma Golems.

Summer needs to be harsh, it needs to have exciting content and blistering heat storms.

Maybe they can add fun stuff like Mirage versions of the Oasis.. or even snakes from shipwrecked come about in Summer season.

I want it to be fun.. I want it to be unique, I want it to be as content rich as winter, but I DONT want it nerfed to be less destructive.

Several things,

• When did I ever state wildfires are not a real phenomenon?
  • I did not say I want summer to be removed, just wildfires.
  • Antlion sinkholes are already dangerous enough as they are, I don't see any reason to make them more dangerous by adding lava to them.
  • Summer is already quite harsh even without all these things you want to be added to it (I agree seasons should be more exciting, spring and summer feel sorta eh, but some of these things seem so overkill especially considering what I had said way earlier, in a reply to one of your comments about seasons cycling).
  • Just because summer could be so much more dangerous and filled with dread at every single opportunity, does not mean it makes for a great gameplay experience. If anything this would only exaggerate the issues people have with wildfires already, making them stay in the caves as that is the only save spot from the literal hell that would break loose above ground. 
    Even people that only really want survival would very likely not like additions like these because they seem like way too much.

Maybe I'm just too biased against wildfires, who knows, but I just do not think that making summer even more hellish would be something anybody would like (except for a handful of people I suppose).

3 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

a wildfire refers to any fire that isn't contained, wildfires can be man made (most are)

Nearly 85 percent* of wildland fires in the United States are caused by humans.

https://www.nps.gov/articles/wildfire-causes-and-evaluation.htm

But there is forest which only reproduce via fire so they still being something real. A thing to be expected in a world with "extreme weathers" (not at all when with a thermal stone you can survive winter and summer) like dst

If they remove wildfires they would need to add something much more difficult because just having overheating as danger is so bland and dumb.

This discussion is kinda silly when klei already said they will add rain on demand, no need to remove or rework(maybe fix offscreen problems and add more resources to regrowth) wildfires

1 minute ago, Freshness said:

I did not say I want summer to be removed, just wildfires

You can do it in the world gen settings, no need to scrub other experience if you dont like something 

2 minutes ago, Freshness said:

Antlion sinkholes are already dangerous enough as they are, I don't see any reason to make them more dangerous by adding lava to them.

They are a joke and more if you compare them to DS single player dragonfly

Summer is sooo nerfed. Is easy to survive because thermal stone buff, there is smoldering instead of insta fire, caves and oasis exist, df is now a optional boss and they added an easy one, there is more items to combat it...

1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

You can do it in the world gen settings, no need to scrub other experience if you dont like something 

Again, just like disease, but people accept it because "It has been here since ROG" and "It is a STAPLE of DST", which I both do not really consider very great arguments.
Plus I would argue wildfires actually hinder the experience players have more than removing them would. They're not difficult to deal with, nor integral enough to the experience to warrant them being a thing, just pure punishment. Unless your ideal experience of a sandbox game is cowering within one of two places for about a 4th of your entire playtime just to entirely avoid a mechanic that ultimately does not even need to be this obnoxious to deal with. Why force players to either neglect their bases entirely or turn off the entire mechanic, instead of just, oh I don't know, having a mechanic that actually adds something to the experience?

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

This discussion is kinda silly when klei already said they will add rain on demand, no need to remove or rework(maybe fix offscreen problems and add more resources to regrowth) wildfires

Just because they said they were gonna add some way to cause rain on demand does not mean wildfires are just fine as a mechanic now. If anything it just... pushes away the issue I have with them. "We now have a way to just not deal with wildfires ever thanks to rain" might as well turn it off at that point, plus there will very likely still be balancing decisions and the such specifically revolving around wildfires and how they are right now.

Again, I much prefer a mechanic that, could be challenging, could just be fun, so long as it is engaging in some way beyond "Do this one specific thing right now or lose nearly the entire progress you have made building up your base with no really good alternative way of dealing with it once the season begins."

21 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

If they remove wildfires they would need to add something much more difficult because just having overheating as danger is so bland and dumb.

Ahem!

• Fire hounds
  • Antlion
  • Grass, Twigs and Berries withering
  • The Sandstorm (to an extend)
  • Food spoiling quicker

I don't know about you, but all these things, at least to me, sound like plenty of things that could be considered "dangerous" already. And none of them are overheating, which would just add another danger.

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

But there is forest which only reproduce via fire so they still being something real. 

I told you before, lightning is a very good fire starter, it's hotter than the sun and hits the earth 100 times each second 

Your unnamed trees existing doesn't prove spontaneous combustion like what's in the game happens in real life

33 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

They are a joke and more if you compare them to DS single player dragonfly

Summer is sooo nerfed. Is easy to survive because thermal stone buff, there is smoldering instead of insta fire, caves and oasis exist, df is now a optional boss and they added an easy one, there is more items to combat it...

...what do you mean it's easy to survive? Almost ANYTHING is easy to survive if you're used to it, why does summer specifically need to be a hellhole compared to the other seasons? The only seasonal things I could think of that even come close to being as awful as summer's wildfires are hamlet's hayfever, frograin and shipwrecked's monsoon season. And even THEN I would much rather take any of these over wildfires, because they at least are more interesting than "haha base burn", even if they are arguably way worse to endure than summer at times.

Also of course antlion sinkholes are not as bad as having to deal with a giant who's whole shtick is burning down your stuff, that doesn't mean antlion sinkholes are not dangerous at all. In fact in a way they're worse than DS Dfly, because with that at LEAST you know what exactly the threat is without looking it up on a wiki or being experienced beforehand AND Dfly doesn't create craters  constantly that stay there for over an entire season's length. This is like downplaying being stung by several bees by saying "at least you're not allergic to them, that would have been so much worse". No surprises there, but that doesn't mean it's not an unpleasant thing to experience.

20 minutes ago, Freshness said:

Ahem!

• Fire hounds
  • Antlion
  • Grass, Twigs and Berries withering
  • The Sandstorm (to an extend)
  • Food spoiling quicker

I don't know about you, but all these things, at least to me, sound like plenty of things that could be considered "dangerous" already. And none of them are overheating, which would just add another danger.

•Fire hounds are easy than regular hounds and ice hounds since those freeze you making you vulnerable to stunlocks. Only 100 hp and their fire distract regular hounds

• antlion can be calmed with rocks to prevent his easy to dodge sinkholes or fough being one of the easier bosses

• plants dont dry if you put an iceflingomatic and you dont need an icefligomatic if you already have farm these materials before summer. Grass gekkos and twiggy trees still producing grass and twigs and you can make a trip to the caves to gather them. Who the hell uses berries for food?

• sand storm only affects 1 biome and is the counter of wildfire so more than a disadvantage is helpful. Is true that klei should change the % of getting the recipes

• food spoiling is only a problem if you plan to make long journeys with food unbundle. If not, you have salt boxes, iceboxes, ice chester and bundle wraps to counter it. Or you can make food that takes more time to spoil

Nothing difficult at all. Maybe for new players but with few experience all this stuff become silly

3 minutes ago, Freshness said:

hamlet's hayfever

Lol im done here. Hayfever is the most bland season ever made by klei

Is totally countered by 1 item making hamlet unfun because of the lack of season changes

4 minutes ago, Freshness said:

"haha base burn",

Id you base burn is your fault. Is pretty easy to prevent it

Even unlogin you can stop a fire lel

•Fire hounds are easy than regular hounds and ice hounds since those freeze you making you vulnerable to stunlocks. Only 100 hp and their fire distract regular hounds

• antlion can be calmed with rocks to prevent his easy to dodge sinkholes or fough being one of the easier bosses

• plants dont dry if you put an iceflingomatic and you dont need an icefligomatic if you already have farm these materials before summer. Grass gekkos and twiggy trees still producing grass and twigs and you can make a trip to the caves to gather them. Who the hell uses berries for food?

• sand storm only affects 1 biome and is the counter of wildfire so more than a disadvantage is helpful. Is true that klei should change the % of getting the recipes

• food spoiling is only a problem if you plan to make long journeys with food unbundle. If not, you have salt boxes, iceboxes, ice chester and bundle wraps to counter it. Or you can make food that takes more time to spoil

Nothing difficult at all. Maybe for new players but with few experience all this stuff become silly

"Nothing difficult at all" once you know how to deal with all these things. That doesn't mean overheating and wildfires are the only threat of summer.

You're trying to derail my argument by just... listing off the ways you can deal with these things.
Like... yeah? You can deal with these things in one way or another? Does that mean they're all entirely inconsequential all of a sudden?

Hell if anything all you did was list why I don't mind most of these mechanics at all compared to wildfires, because they are either fine enough not to deal with if you're experienced or can be dealt with without having to spend the entire season in one single place, disabling the mechanic entirely or getting the one single item that deals with it.

Lol im done here. Hayfever is the most bland season ever made by klei

Is totally countered by 1 item making hamlet unfun because of the lack of season changes

Autumn, Mild and Temperate are less bland than Lush season?

Also yes it is countered by 2 items actually, which is why I'd rather deal with this mechanic than wildfires. Still doesn't mean the mechanic itself doesn't suck. Especially since, if you've played hamlet enough, you know that either you just tank your sanity the whole season to deal with it or you farm nettles which takes a pretty sizeable chunk of time all things considered.

Still annoying to deal with, but not to the extend of wildfires.

If you base burn is your fault. Is pretty easy to prevent it

Even unlogin you can stop a fire lel

Great counterargument. "Just abuse exploits to not deal with a mechanic that is unfun, it is SO easy to deal with".

The Fuelweaver is also a really big pushover as you can just place down a houndius and cheese it to death. Easiest boss in the game /s.

You're literally telling me that my whole argument, of which you cut out 90%, is invalid because you can """""deal""""" with firespread by just relogging. Because that is how game design works. What.

Like, yeah that is one way to avoid the mechanic, but then why not extend this to literally any mechanic ever?

Hounds attacked you unprepared? Relog. Deerclops wrecked base? Rollback. Forgot to place a lightning rod and your base is on fire? Relog. Died because you got caught off-guard? Rollback. You accidentally break your boat? Rollback. 

Come on, even Wes would give me better arguments for why what I am saying doesn't make sense.

39 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:
1 hour ago, Freshness said:

Strongly disagree! With a nearby heat source you can stop yourself from freezing and you can use the ice hounds to freeze the regular ones for ages to give you breathing room and time. Fire damage is no joke and freezing regular hounds is far superior and more helpful than making them run away for a second because of a fire. Even not taking the whole destructive capability to the environment issue with fire hounds into account I'd still take ice hounds over fire hounds any day of the year.

Even if you do get frozen so do all the regular hounds leaving you with just the ice hounds to deal with and the rest you can take out one by one. 

3 hours ago, GelatinousCube said:

Don't go anywhere even close to a shoreline if you are doing this though or fires will start without you even knowing. This strat only really works if you stay WELL away from any shore including lunar and pearl.

I've experienced disaster doing this..

Trust me, I know

17 hours ago, CremeLover said:

I decided to spend a summer once to go and catch the special summer fishes, so I spend the entire season on the ocean, only to return and find out that a portion of my base was burned because when I was sailing away, and the base was outside my screen, but at enough distance to render, it smoldered and bam, 6 hours of gameplay gone just by the corner of the screen.

Archived