Using chest skins instead of labels.

I usually make small clusters of chests with 1 sign and group the materials thematically. the cluster with a nitre sign for example will also have salt crystals and flint. the cluster with a bone shards sign will have hounds teeth, goat horns, walrus tusks, beefalo horns and stingers. 

a sign for every chest although really helpful hides too much of the pretty chest skins imo. and using all the different skins for this purpose would look too cluttered for me i think. i usually use a combo of 2 max 3 chest skins. 

That's why chest skins are the ones that make me happiest to get! I really like skins that have a practical use. Like chests to organize and backpacks to tell who's the owner just by looking at it.

I really like minisigns, but what I don't like is gathering a large amount of jet feathers

Yes, in my main world i use skins and labels and group them by skins. For basic resources (wood, grass, twigs, etc.) I use default skin. For rarer resources (gold, gems, gears, etc.) I use the gold skin. For things like pig skin, bunny puff, living logs I use the monster chest. I use the blue pattern chest for befall wool, silk, bone, shards, etc. Have the gingerbread chest by my Christmas tree to hold oradments and things. Not sure what I’m going to use the heart skin chest for yet.

12 hours ago, Bee2017 said:

Do any of you use the chest skins instead of labels?

Do you organize your items in a specific pattern every time you make a base?

Do you organize your items is backpacks instead?

No

Somewhat, I try to keep it around the same

Sometimes, at first I always do having 2 stacks of saplings, grass tuft, and 4 stacks of berry bushes

Do any of you have particular skins for particular items? 

I use classic for grass and twigs

Blue for rocks

white for silk and bones

brute for animal stuff like pig skin, rabbit tails, wool

gold chest for gold and gems

dark brown for poo and rot

I love the idea of the heart chest for hearts

Archived