Please dont tell me i have to wait another year for Webber's rework.

The fact that the 2021 roadmap says we are getting only 3 reworks really worries me. 

Ive already been waiting for over a year for Webber's rework and since he is now the weakest character beside Wes i really think he should be the next in line to get reworked. 

I also think underpowered characters ahould be given rework priority over overpowered ones, otherwise nobody will want to play them anymore like nobody wants to play Webber anymore except people who main him. 

I'm 90% sure the next one is Webber and 9% sure that it's WX. Although even if the next rework isn't Webber there's no way he isn't any 3 of the upcoming reworks. They'd have to choose something ridiculous for Webber to not be any of them.

Honestly it depends on how MUCH they do to Webber: I would expect him to get some new Spider Types, new spider interactions, new spider abilities.. 

and all of that doesn’t just get coded into the game within a day.

Im hoping an actual Spider Mob resembling his Magmatic & Tiger skins get in the game.

With Ocean content existing maybe he would have a Stryder Spider mob to befriend at sea (they literally just patched it so you can’t Respawn mobs from spider eggs put on a Boat..) 

Even suggestions like sleeping in Spider nests or Tameable Spider Queen would be a lot of work.

Webbers Rework will most defiantly be more work to do then say: Adding a few stat scrolls to Wigfrid and calling it a day.

So the longer it takes: the better his refresh will (probably) be.

Webber's biggest problem is that his greatest mechanical strengths do not match his character thematically. He is supposed to be the friend of spiders, but what he mostly ends up doing is starting spider wars to farm the three spider drops. That's not a very good friend if you ask me.

Webber worked a lot better in singleplayer, you could embrace taking over the world with spiders because there were no real people to complain. But he didn't transition very well into DST. A re-work is probably due for him the most since his gameplay is mostly making his spiders kill each other for infinite loot and foot.

12 hours ago, Warpspeed10 said:

Webber's biggest problem is that his greatest mechanical strengths do not match his character thematically. He is supposed to be the friend of spiders, but what he mostly ends up doing is starting spider wars to farm the three spider drops. That's not a very good friend if you ask me.

Yep this has always bothered me. The same's true of Wurt, we know she isn't going to be fishing up tons and tons of freshwater fish for new huts when she could just be killing her own merms instead...

It'd be nice if Webber's rework involved giving him a way to peacefully farm silk (at a faster rate than his beard) and meat. Maybe he could somehow harvest silk from spiders, and make sticky webs to trap birds and insects and such for their meat?

He's half spider. Spiders have no meaning of friendship. They just protect their hive and kill anything attacks them, even if it's another spider. And they'll eat each other because they're cannibals. Agressive dumb cannibals.

Webber is half agressive dumb cannibal. And while his child half is talking about frienship he eats his friends RAW.

Grotesque irony and nature's joke. He's never meant to be spider's friend.

On 2/7/2021 at 6:37 AM, Cheggf said:

I'm 90% sure the next one is Webber and 9% sure that it's WX. Although even if the next rework isn't Webber there's no way he isn't any 3 of the upcoming reworks. They'd have to choose something ridiculous for Webber to not be any of them.

I must know who the 1% belongs to.

I can’t find any actual Webber rework suggestion threads, so I figured I would just post my suggestions for that into this Thread.. & hope it’s relevant enough to the OPs topic of not wanting to wait too long for a Webber Rework.. in showing WHY waiting longer for a Webber rework “might” be a good thing.

Now let me just state that I HIGHLY Disliked Wigfrids rework: Coming off the success of Willow, Woodie & Wendy’s she felt short handed.

I now I feel like I’ve played enough Webber to accurately make some good suggestions for him.

I suggested some things in the past that I would STILL like to see on him:

Mainly-

1: Can’t Sleep at Night only Day.

2: Can’t Tame Beefalo But CAN Tame & Ride Spider Queens as their replacement.

3: Can Sleep inside of Tier 2 or Higher Spider nest to downgrade it by a Tier (passive crowd control for non-Webber friends)

But NOW...

I think his rework rightfully deserves to be so much more, I don’t want to see anymore Wigfrid level barely noticeable reworks I Want Wendy/Willow/Woodie level refreshes

& I came up with a few ideas I thought might help with that, First off you have to ask yourself: What is even the purpose of these Reworks?

And if you answered to make each character fun, unique, interesting & valuable in their own ways.. then These suggestions fit that description perfectly.

Person 1: Who is Webber?
Person 2: Friend of Spider.

Person 1: What does Webber do?
Person 2: Befriend Spider-

Person 1: Wait that’s it?
Person 2: “pretty much..”

So with that said- here are some crazy but perfectly fitting ideas to make Webber more of well WEBBER and LESS identical to every other character-

Remove Webber’s Ability to craft Grass Traps, Bird Traps and Blow Darts.. 

Why? Put that utility into his SPIDERS.. I Want to Recruit Spitter Spiders that do the Job of Blow Darts..

I Want to craft & lay down Silk Traps where Cave Dwellers Slink down from the heavens and Cocoon my “Small” Prey up in a Web Cocoon of Web for me. 

Take away his ability to create the same types of items/content that makes him play identical to Wilson... and make him truly a Friend of Spiders.

Thats it.. that’s the entire Rework- oh and since Spider Eggs can no longer be placed on a Boat: Add a new type of at Sea Water Strider Spider Den I can recruit Water Spider from.

18 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I can’t find any actual Webber rework suggestion threads, so I figured I would just post my suggestions for that into this Thread.. & hope it’s relevant enough to the OPs topic of not wanting to wait too long for a Webber Rework.. in showing WHY waiting longer for a Webber rework “might” be a good thing.

Now let me just state that I HIGHLY Disliked Wigfrids rework: Coming off the success of Willow, Woodie & Wendy’s she felt short handed.

I now I feel like I’ve played enough Webber to accurately make some good suggestions for him.

I suggested some things in the past that I would STILL like to see on him:

Mainly-

1: Can’t Sleep at Night only Day.

2: Can’t Tame Beefalo But CAN Tame & Ride Spider Queens as their replacement.

3: Can Sleep inside of Tier 2 or Higher Spider nest to downgrade it by a Tier (passive crowd control for non-Webber friends)

But NOW...

I think his rework rightfully deserves to be so much more, I don’t want to see anymore Wigfrid level barely noticeable reworks I Want Wendy/Willow/Woodie level refreshes

& I came up with a few ideas I thought might help with that, First off you have to ask yourself: What is even the purpose of these Reworks?

And if you answered to make each character fun, unique, interesting & valuable in their own ways.. then These suggestions fit that description perfectly.

Person 1: Who is Webber?
Person 2: Friend of Spider.

Person 1: What does Webber do?
Person 2: Befriend Spider-

Person 1: Wait that’s it?
Person 2: “pretty much..”

So with that said- here are some crazy but perfectly fitting ideas to make Webber more of well WEBBER and LESS identical to every other character-

Remove Webber’s Ability to craft Grass Traps, Bird Traps and Blow Darts.. 

Why? Put that utility into his SPIDERS.. I Want to Recruit Spitter Spiders that do the Job of Blow Darts..

I Want to craft & lay down Silk Traps where Cave Dwellers Slink down from the heavens and Cocoon my “Small” Prey up in a Web Cocoon of Web for me. 

Take away his ability to create the same types of items/content that makes him play identical to Wilson... and make him truly a Friend of Spiders.

Thats it.. that’s the entire Rework- oh and since Spider Eggs can no longer be placed on a Boat: Add a new type of at Sea Water Strider Spider Den I can recruit Water Spider from.

everytime you talk i feel like you are having an entire ass conversation with yourself

plus you are literally saying "make it so webber cant have a bird cage or prestihatinator (and furthermore shadow manipulator, locking him out of items like LIFE GIVING AMULETS) because you think that would make him "less identical from other characters", just please think about what you are saying before you actually say it- that would be horrible

On 2/8/2021 at 4:58 AM, landromat said:

He's half spider. Spiders have no meaning of friendship. They just protect their hive and kill anything attacks them, even if it's another spider. And they'll eat each other because they're cannibals. Agressive dumb cannibals.

Webber is half agressive dumb cannibal. And while his child half is talking about frienship he eats his friends RAW.

Grotesque irony and nature's joke. He's never meant to be spider's friend.

his friends eat their family RAW too

4 minutes ago, JustCrimson said:

everytime you talk i feel like you are having an entire ass conversation with yourself

plus you are literally saying "make it so webber cant have a bird cage or prestihatinator (and furthermore shadow manipulator, locking him out of items like LIFE GIVING AMULETS) because you think that would make him "less identical from other characters", just please think about what you are saying before you actually say it- that would be horrible

As usual- you jump to conclusion & insults before actually considering other people’s suggestions- WHERE did I say he can’t make prestihatinator or Shadow Manipulator? I said very Specifically- 

BLOW DARTS & GRASS/BIRD TRAPS

And the Reason Why.. is because Spitter Spiders & his own version of Traps replace the Darts & Traps.

Thats it- you can still CATCH Rabbits by having them put into a nice little Web cocoon for you to open later.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

As usual- you jump to conclusion & insults before actually considering other people’s suggestions- WHERE did I say he can’t make prestihatinator or Shadow Manipulator? I said very Specifically- 

BLOW DARTS & GRASS/BIRD TRAPS

And the Reason Why.. is because Spitter Spiders & his own version of Traps replace the Darts & Traps.

Thats it- you can still CATCH Rabbits by having them put into a nice little Web cocoon for you to open later.

I dont know if you can catch rabbits with a bug net, but not being able to get them via "grass traps" delays the ability to get one even including your "spider traps" furthermore spitter spiders are cave exclusives, what you are doing is creating a problem and them making a shoddy solution for the problem to make the character "more distinct" 

Tbh I was sure Webber was going to be done before Wigfrid. He needs it a lot more. Maybe Klei didn’t know how to rework him yet? My guess is that Webber will be next. IMO he and Maxwell need it the most out of those who are left. Then Wes needs to be nurfed.

well here is my idea of webber rework that may or may not be good

1 webber is abel to make a special sticky turf that will slow down non players

2 to ad the poison in to dst i was thinkin that webber could get some sort of tool to poison creatures and do damage over time i mean for what does he even have the extra hp for if not for battel?

3 and thats propably the worst idea and that is that if i dont know if item use or other things need to happen but webber can transform into a spider warrior like webber for what ever how long

those are my best ideas i can come whit i know breath taken but at least webber is not restrict to build things that end up whit very not needed complex of gettin prestihatitator or bird cage for singel players games

40 minutes ago, Dr.Medic said:

3 and thats propably the worst idea and that is that if i dont know if item use or other things need to happen but webber can transform into a spider warrior like webber for what ever how long

love these idea mayve turn to spider warrior when he belloq 30% of his max sanity 

It really begs the question if you want a Webber REWORK or just a Webber update (much like wigfrid)

Because in my personal experience, Webber doesn't really need a REWORK... But having some new abilities would really be fun.

I don't want to see any of webber's current things being changed or removed. I personally would rather have new additions or improvements

Archived