Other exclusive item skins can come back?

After years of waiting, finally the beloved Winter's Feast Lantern came back... And after seeing this chance, I thought about all the wonderful items that could also come to us. Thinking about this and the previous Valentines' event, we did receive this years heart and a previous one, if I'm not mistaken... But there's is other items! 

image.png.be8389e56b356d72ac58047b6fa64a13.png

I would just be the happiest persons if this Winter's Hat skin came back, even if it is through Klei rewards. Maybe with the year of the Beefalo event? Maybe on Valentines? I don't know, but I would love to get/buy it! 

Is there any previous item you guys would like to see again? 

Yes, and as Klei saw with the Hallowed Nights bundle, there is profit for them to be made on re-releasing previously exclusive content.

I think that most (if not all) skins should be directly purchasable even if they cost a fortune to weave or buy directly with real money. 

Personally I don’t really care at all for Funko Pop Dolls (I just hate the way they look.. the big heads tiny bodies don’t appeal to me) but I would absolutely love to be able to get the funko pop exclusive in-game skins- even if I had to pay 10$ For it.

while I don’t see Proof of Purchase skins ever being made directly purchasable (sadly) I DO think the chances of seeing limited time twitch drops or holiday skins return to rotation are very high and I’m personally awaiting the Metamorphosed Flame Thermal Stone Skin, and the Gingerbread Storage chest.

2 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Personally I don’t really care at all for Funko Pop Dolls (I just hate the way they look.. the big heads tiny bodies don’t appeal to me) but I would absolutely love to be able to get the funko pop exclusive in-game skins- even if I had to pay 10$ For it.

Don't even mention them... I would love to have all of those, but funkos are awfully expensive in my country, and other than that, I'm also not a big fan of their looks. However, I would love to have the little companionship, like the Little Chester, the Little Spider and so on.

I have the ever-popular Thermal Stone skin, but have missed out on several nice ones. And I make no secret of the fact that I dislike limited edition skins as a concept. While I appreciate getting the loyalty-tier skins, I wish there were a way for people who didn't get them to obtain them.

They seem to be slowly fixing this though. Circus items in the rewards page and making previously unweavable skins weavable are steps in the right direction.

I still don't have the full circus collection, and I'm holding onto enough points to get one more skin at all times just in case they release a skin there I missed and like better.

17 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Proof???

I'm searching for it, but forums are very much not helpful. Unless I somehow managed to dream up the thing, it should be there somewhere, I'll keep looking.

23 minutes ago, DarkPulse91 said:

Proof???

Got ya!

On 2020/12/19 at AM6点53分, BezKa said:

我正在搜索它,但是论坛对您 没有太大帮助。 除非我以某种方式设法幻想了一下,否则它应该在某个地方,我会继续寻找。

被我耍到了!

If I remember correctly, the calico is a limited edition, right? Calico is like the current white spider, I don't know why it will come back. If it will come back, why say it is a limited edition? Klei wants to use this concept to guide us to buy, and White Spider hopes that everyone will not buy it. Later, there should be a limited edition of White Spider 3.0. This is like a trick to cheat money. If it weren't marked with a limited board, I guess no one would pay for this price.

3 hours ago, sbjoew said:
On 12/18/2020 at 11:53 PM, BezKa said:

If I remember correctly, the calico is a limited edition, right? Calico is like the current white spider, I don't know why it will come back. If it will come back, why say it is a limited edition? Klei wants to use this concept to guide us to buy, and White Spider hopes that everyone will not buy it. Later, there should be a limited edition of White Spider 3.0. This is like a trick to cheat money. If it weren't marked with a limited board, I guess no one would pay for this price.

Not at all. It's not a trick, people have been asking for Calico Chester to come back for years now. Klei is one of those rare companies that actually care about what their fans have to say. 

Klei actually earns very little from from merch they're selling, as they make sure to get the highest quality products but still make them a reasonable price. 

Every product from them is a "limited edition" because they buy a bulk of products and sell them until they run out. Once they run out, we don't know when the next restock is gonna be. 

We have been begging for plushies to come back, people have sent emails, made countless topics on the forum about it, and most of them mentioned calico Chester as well. The fact they are willing to bring it back makes me happy already. 

6 hours ago, BezKa said:

Not at all. It's not a trick, people have been asking for Calico Chester to come back for years now. Klei is one of those rare companies that actually care about what their fans have to say. 

Klei actually earns very little from from merch they're selling, as they make sure to get the highest quality products but still make them a reasonable price. 

Every product from them is a "limited edition" because they buy a bulk of products and sell them until they run out. Once they run out, we don't know when the next restock is gonna be. 

We have been begging for plushies to come back, people have sent emails, made countless topics on the forum about it, and most of them mentioned calico Chester as well. The fact they are willing to bring it back makes me happy already. 

I am discussing the limited edition with you. If it is not a limited edition trademark, I will never buy it. After people buy the so-called "limited edition", a new "limited edition" will be released. It's like a scammer does it for money. If the limited edition always allows the doll to sell version 2.0, version 3.0, and version 4.0, and the appearance of the game item does not change, the label is meaningless. As you said, all are "limited editions". If Klei can't make money for this, is it really making friends with you? Even the so-called limited edition white spiders are sold without inspection. One or two of them have quality problems. I can understand them. They all have problems. This is unforgivable. This is just to make a fortune before Christmas. If this kind of problem deserves your praise, then you are really a kind person.

1 minute ago, sbjoew said:

I am discussing the limited edition with you. If it is not a limited edition trademark, I will never buy it. After people buy the so-called "limited edition", a new "limited edition" will be released. It's like a scammer does it for money. If the limited edition always allows the doll to sell version 2.0, version 3.0, and version 4.0, and the appearance of the game item does not change, the label is meaningless. As you said, all are "limited editions". If Klei can't make money for this, is it really making friends with you? Even the so-called limited edition white spiders are sold without inspection. One or two of them have quality problems. I can understand them. They all have problems. This is unforgivable. This is just to make a fortune before Christmas. If this kind of problem deserves your praise, then you are really a kind person.

Version 2.0 on plushies refers to the new stitching. Original plushies were built a bit differently, that's why these are called 2.0, as their stitch work and way they are made is different. 

Maybe it's me who doesn't understand something, and if that is so I would be happy for a dev to correct me. But seeing as the original calico Chester was a limited edition, now that a new way of making plushies was made, they would bring it back. So your good old spider and Chester (including normal Chester, and any other type) are in fact limited edition as you can't buy them anywhere.

"If it's not a limited edition, I will never buy it." I have not a single reason to care. If you buy merch only so it can be rare and you can sell it later then you do you. I just want merch from my favourite game.

"Even the so-called limited edition white spiders are sold without inspection." You have been corrected on the topic before. They did all they could to solve the issue. You know perfectly well that it's not any argument.

Overall, you're trying your best to make Klei seem evil for some reason. If they wanted to make fortune, they would produce cheap garbage and sell it for a high price. They would produce it nonstop to keep their stocks full, to make sure people who play the game for few months and then get bored have a chance to buy something just out of hype. They would use much more profitable tactics that are used across most games and people accept by now. They're not doing any of that.

This is my last reply on the topic. The original topic wasn't created so I can argue with you.

Have a nice day/night,

On 12/17/2020 at 10:18 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Personally I don’t really care at all for Funko Pop Dolls (I just hate the way they look.. the big heads tiny bodies don’t appeal to me) but I would absolutely love to be able to get the funko pop exclusive in-game skins- even if I had to pay 10$ For it

You can buy the funko pop exclusive skins through the steam market for around 10-15 dollars

13 minutes ago, krtoween said:

You can buy the funko pop exclusive skins through the steam market for around 10-15 dollars

Only if your playing on PC, console players like myself have to buy the funko pop and get the code from that, or pray that those skins become available without having to buy the PoP doll- I think that if they were ridiculously expensive to weave (like 15,000 spools) or even straight up 10$ direct purchase that it would be fair to people who already bought them for their exclusive-ness, Klei could also probably send additional rewards to those purchasers in the form of some free bolts/spools/rewards points etc.. so that people who can’t obtain the PoP dolls can still obtain the PoP skins, but for people who already bought the dolls- they don’t feel ripped off either.

Then again, Klei could always pull what other games do and just offer the same so called “limited” skin in a different color lol.. 

It would be legendary If a ton of these skins came back. I was 1 month short of obtaining the bottomless firepit. And I could never get it again. But I think the way it is now is perfectly fine. It makes it feel like these skins are extremly rare and only the OG's with the bottomless firepit have them. Showing that they played dst YEARS ago. I understand why klei won't re-release these skins but I would love to see them become tradeable so then I can trade for these rare items.

Archived