Sign in to follow this  
JoeW

Oxygen Not Included Spaced Out! Coming to Steam Early Access!

Elroc    2
9 hours ago, SocialConstruct said:

Will the new biomes (and critters) be available on the original "one big asteroid" maps?

Asking the important questions. Is the 'multi asteroid play' optional or the new 'base game'?

• Like 1

Carcer_    26
3 hours ago, Elroc said:

Asking the important questions. Is the 'multi asteroid play' optional or the new 'base game'?

Optional I think. The first alphas has the option of a single map but was removed as that's not what they were testing.

ATM Reaper    35
9 minutes ago, rats1338 said:

I've got an e-mail that I got access to Alpha DLC, but I don't have it on my steam library and didn't get a key also :/

Mine auto downloaded, try restart steam it should trigger a 500mb download then just play. If not then right click ONI-properties-DLC then check the box then try again.

Edited by ATM Reaper

13 hours ago, serpent said:

i mean the game could roll credits or w/e and call it an ending but that wouldnt be very satisfying would it.

i'd take the fact we're still getting updates as that the game wont be ending for a long time hopefully

13 hours ago, serpent said:

i mean the game could roll credits or w/e and call it an ending but that wouldnt be very satisfying would it.

i'd take the fact we're still getting updates as that the game wont be ending for a long time hopefully :)

It doesn’t necessarily need an ending but it seemed like the mission to the farthest thing on the star map should’ve yielded some result. I spent a while getting a machine to make liquid hydrogen and oxygen so I could fly that far and sent my best dupes on the “one way mission” then when they came back I was lost. I thought it was bugged and couldn’t find anything online addressing it so I assumed it was a planned ending or world regeneration mechanic they didn’t implement.

At what time does Klei drop new updates? I mean, I'd like to take a holiday on the day of the dlc release, but it's probably not going to be out earlier than evening for us in the European time zones, or?
Edited by SabishiiFury

blash365    775
15 hours ago, darknotezero said:

will those who bought early access still have to pay full price for final release?

I think, it is safe to asume that you only have to play once and from then on you own that content (on steam). It worked the same way for the early access purchase in the base game.

5 hours ago, SabishiiFury said:
At what time does Klei drop new updates? I mean, I'd like to take a holiday on the day of the dlc release, but it's probably not going to be out earlier than evening for us in the European time zones, or?

What updates are you talking about?

Remaining alpha patches? The early access launch? Forum posts? Patches in early access?

For 1. & 4. you can browse the klei patch list for when they normally release patches: https://forums.kleientertainment.com/game-updates/

Early access launch will most likely be in a similar timeframe.

Forum posts should be in their respective canadian timezone.

• Thanks 1

SpiderEbola    1

I am very happy to finally see the day where I can own the dlc! I look forward to buying it more or less exactly at release (if work allows haha). I do have a couple of questions though.

1. Will the dlc release be different from our current alpha, if so how different? You touch on this a bit on the post but you are admittedly vague. The thing I wonder most about is if we can change out asteroid clusters to not start on a polluted wasteland like we have to in the alpha. Its the small things I like to know about :)

and
2. When can we expect the other half of promised features? I'm talking about the one's you admitted to not having ready yet. Late game rocketry, radiation system, resource balancing/geysers etc. Not asking to bash your record or to imply I don't trust you to release quality content for the dlc, since as far as I can tell the record of Klei dlc is impeccable. Its more just me being impatient because I love this game and day or part of the year I can look forward to as having goodies is so nice to me.
and
3. How often can we expect early access updates? Around every couple weeks, a month, two months? How long are you expecting the timeframe of early access to be? I completely understand if you'd rather not tie yourself to any commitments by giving specific answers but any answer is awesome to me. I want here for the full game early access so I'm curious to see how you intend to play this out.

Anyways, I just want to say I've been loving the game, have been loving the alpha, and would like to compliment the team on a good job :)

• Like 1

fleranon    27

Will the alpha save files still work when the DLC is out? I have a lot of free time until the 8th and would love to just build away, but I'm afraid all the progress will be lost and I will have to start over when the dlc finally arrives. I tend to get heavily attached to my ONI colonies and spend way too much time building intricate worlds :)

I fully understand the purpose of the alpha of course and won't be mad if the saves will be gone. Would just be nice to know in advance. thanks!

edit: huge thanks to the dev team by the way, 'spaced out' is shaping to be the dlc of my dreams. I played the base game for 1500 hours and there is no end in sight, thanks to the marvellous work Klei puts in.

Edited by fleranon

I am disappointed. Obviously, DLC will come out in the state it is in now, and this is bad. I like the ideas of DLC, but now it removes more than it gives. I’ll say a scary thing, but for now I’m not even advising non-fans to buy the add-on.
Hopefully, on December 9, a beta test will open for those who bought DLC, and we will be shown the next part of the updates. Even without nuclear energy, all asteroids should be available. There should be more starter asteroid options. I don't see where you can find fullerene now.

Steve8    290

I fully understand the nuclear stuff not being in on release, but otherwise this seems a bit premature. The only way a release makes sense if it includes all or at least most of the asteroids and geysers. If it's again only the swamp asteroid and a handful of others it's too soon

Edited by Steve8

serpent    34
34 minutes ago, Alexandr Block said:

I am disappointed. Obviously, DLC will come out in the state it is in now, and this is bad. I like the ideas of DLC, but now it removes more than it gives. I’ll say a scary thing, but for now I’m not even advising non-fans to buy the add-on.
Hopefully, on December 9, a beta test will open for those who bought DLC, and we will be shown the next part of the updates. Even without nuclear energy, all asteroids should be available. There should be more starter asteroid options. I don't see where you can find fullerene now.

most likely these past few weeks were just to make sure that everything works and for them to see what the response is so far and seeing how the game is handled. they stated themselves that they disabled a lot of things just to make sure we get to the new asteroids etc pretty fast and final balancing wont be out for a while. 

i think the beta will come with a pretty big update to the DLC like re-enablement of certain aspects of the game etc. to what extent tho - we'll just have to see. so far the dlc does add a lot of new stuff tho. idk how to feel about it myself yet either tbh but its pretty cool so far and its only the start :).

• Like 1

babba    1813
On 12/1/2020 at 11:53 PM, Emeal said:

Will we be able to gamma-bake Yellow Cake from Yellowcake? This is important.

I will get out lot of cake on the 8th and construct a fluid intake pipeline to me. :biggrin-new:

Of course I will only play the game if the endgame and dlc content and fully integrated and combined, playing the dlc content without the base endgame content would not make any sense for me to play the game on the 8th. So as a dlc customer I expect the full rocketry (full vanilla game content) and all content of the dlc alpha in the title combined and playable on the 8th.

If those 2 things are (unexpectedly) not combined I would have to give the dlc purchase a bad rating until the dlc and endgame content are combined and melted together.

@JoeW

Edited by babba

Maxeek    19

That is great, got my alpha yesterday. Whole day lost. Really hope ONI will be like Don't Starve and there will be more DLCs coming.

And it would be great to see it on Epic to, btw.

babba    1813

I`m pretty sure there will lots of further dlc`s over the years, touch wood :p

Praying for spreading FIRE, combustion, explosions and firefighting equipment someday in the game + multiplayer :angel:

• Like 1

Slvrsrfr    198

Will all the components be assembled in the alpha-update? To the extent that we would see what a typical vanilla terra start will be, compared to what it is? My basis for deciding if I want the update, is if it will bring anything substantive to straight vanilla play. I'm curious will the Alpha have time to showcase the expected additions, before it is closed and put up for purchase. I just hope to see and get an idea of what will change, how things get implemented. Before it goes away. into a paid-testing-early access situation. I suppose I could just watch streams to get an idea further down the line.

/personal rant

Testing as an industry has simply been ruined. People used to make a living, pay bills, doing exactly this work. Now, it's not even considered a job. People laugh at the idea of hiring a 'non-programmer' tester. It adds valuable context to the code writing process, and it is woefully undervalued as a career. we needed a testers union, or something.

cpy    497

Releasing 2 days before Cyberpunk 2077? A BOLD MOVE!

6 hours ago, babba said:

I`m pretty sure there will lots of further dlc`s over the years, touch wood :p

Praying for spreading FIRE, combustion, explosions and firefighting equipment someday in the game + multiplayer :angel:

Say multiplayer again! C'mon say multiplayer again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, say multiplayer one more goddamn time!

babba    1813
49 minutes ago, cpy said:

Releasing 2 days before Cyberpunk 2077? A BOLD MOVE!

Say multiplayer again! C'mon say multiplayer again! I dare ya, I double dare ya, say multiplayer one more goddamn time!

Bismuth ! :biggrin-new:

JRup    395
3 hours ago, cpy said:

Royale with cheese?

babba    1813

Everyone, my dear Halflife friend :p

9 minutes ago, sheaker said:

I am sorry but I am not sure if this will be available to everyone? Or just for those who signed up for beta tests earlier?

• Like 1