Oxygen Not Included Spaced Out! Coming to Steam Early Access!

image.png

Oxygen Not Included Spaced Out! Coming to Early Access!

We wanted to run a low profile alpha test for the DLC to try to take care of any show-stopping bugs before Early Access and you all came through with a ton of great feedback and bug reports. Thank you all so much!

With that, we are excited to announce that Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! will enter Steam Early Access on December 8th! The starting price for the DLC will be $14.99usd and will require ownership of the base game Oxygen Not Included. The final launch price has not been determined, but will likely be higher to reflect the growing size of the game. 

Registration is now closed and we're going to shut down the alpha on December 7th while we prepare everything to go live the following morning.

Those of you that registered but were not selected have now been granted access. There is still plenty of time to file those bug reports and post suggestions and feedback, so have at it!

Once again, thanks for all your feedback and excitement - See you on December 8th!

Oxygen Not Included Spaced Out!
The Duplicants are back again, and this time they're ready to rebuild their colonies from the mysterious remains of a planet torn asunder!

In Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out! you'll spearhead space missions to new and undiscovered Planetoids, transport resources between bases, and manage multiple worlds on the fly to build a megacolony that not only survives, but hopefully, thrives.

New Multi-World Gameplay
Put your colony management skills to the test by juggling the needs of Duplicants in multiple colonies simultaneously. Switch between planets in real time and secure rare resources on other worlds to supply your home base.

Expanded Rocketry
Customize new modular rockets to your liking, then explore the expanse of space with the newly overhauled Starmap. Huge expansions to the Research Tree provide new mid-game Rocketry options, giving your Duplicants an edge in the asteroid space-race.

New Critters
Get acquainted with some new fuzzy friends - if you're nice, they might help you out around the colony!

New Resources, Biomes, Tech and More:
Tons of new biomes to explore, tech to research, and resources to mine. There's a whole new universe out there - discover it all in Oxygen Not Included: Spaced Out!

• Like 30
  • Thanks 5
  • Happy Hazard 1
  • Health 1
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 14
  • GL Happy 4
  • Potato Cup 1

@JoeW Klei, please

Maybe the time has come for such a large-scale revision to correct mistakes with the layout of the text in Russian, which have been dragging on for several years? In hope

2020-12-02_1-38-10.png

4 minutes ago, test447 said:

so does this mean early access will be releasing without the nuclear stuff?

Correct. As noted previously, the purpose of the Alpha is to catch show stopping issues before going to Early Access.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Correct. As noted previously, the purpose of the Alpha is to catch show stopping issues before going to Early Access.

this seems weirdly phrased to me - does this mean that radioactivity be released with early access then? or does this mean u reiterating the reason it wasnt in alpha yet and it wont be in early access either yet?

either way is fine to me, theres a lot of content right now already with all the new stuff haha, but i'm not sure how to interpret it :P

Edited by serpent
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, serpent said:

this seems weirdly phrased to me - does this mean that radioactivity be released with early access then? or does this mean u reiterating the reason it wasnt in alpha yet and it wont be in early access either yet?

either way is fine to me, theres a lot of content right now already with all the new stuff haha

I love that we don't get everything at once. Thus, we will get new interest in the game with each update. I just hope there won't be long breaks.

thanks! I'll give it a whirl in a bit, dl'ing now? or is that a patch? nvm :)

image.png.b361d8f8b7ebb65ef7af9bf9b6393952.png

I was posting a bug, and the log file thing tripped me up again. Where is that? The search generates no results. Can someone say what folder it's in?

Edited by Slvrsrfr

36 minutes ago, CrutchPunk said:

The alpha disables mods, so you'd have to disable the DLC to play modded worlds.

That's the Alpha. The question here is about early access. Will you be able to play one-big-asteroid while the DLC is enabled?

And I would be surprised if the early access disables mods.

Edited by Joe Mucchiello
  • Like 1

I’d like to request an ending to the base game. After being addicted and waiting for the full release I was heartbroken that the “one way mission” through the temporal tear resulted in my duplicants coming back and nothing else especially after putting in hours to make a rocket that could go that far. If it requires DLC that’s fine but I found it odd that Klei would release the game without that working.

1 minute ago, Maestromatic said:

I’d like to request an ending to the base game. After being addicted and waiting for the full release I was heartbroken that the “one way mission” through the temporal tear resulted in my duplicants coming back and nothing else especially after putting in hours to make a rocket that could go that far. If it requires DLC that’s fine but I found it odd that Klei would release the game without that working.

i mean the game could roll credits or w/e and call it an ending but that wouldnt be very satisfying would it.

i'd take the fact we're still getting updates as that the game wont be ending for a long time hopefully :)

6 hours ago, Waffleophagus said:

Will this DLC be coming to the Epic game store at all? This post only mentions Steam.

Wondering this too.

If it isn't then they should allow us to transfer our purchase entitlements to Steam - however, since ONI was recently re-released in EGS I expect it will also be there (although perhaps not for the EA period.)

• Big Ups 1