Frog rain

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there is this phenomenon, in which a hurricane or similar strong wind can actually pick up frogs and such, and yeet them across the land

Oh my god, maybe when it's Spring over at this part of the Constant, it is hurricane season at Shipwrecked, and Sealnado throws all the frogs over here

2 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure there is this phenomenon, in which a hurricane or similar strong wind can actually pick up frogs and such, and yeet them across the land

You are correct but also it doesn’t exactly take a hurricane- it’s been known to rain frogs, fish and even birds from the sky. 
the first of those two can be contributed to simple ocean/lake evaporation the birds I have no idea about. *shrugs*

Whenever the sun in the sky sucks up particles of ocean/lake water to produce rain it can also sometimes suck these small creatures up out the water along with it.

While it is probably a very rare occurrence to witness happening, it DOES happen in real life.

https://www.loc.gov/everyday-mysteries/item/can-it-rain-frogs-fish-and-other-objects/

I thought it was a common thing mentioned like everywhere that "raining frogs" is an extreme weather phenomenon. Then I learned in English you say "Raining cats and dogs" so... Also wasn't frog rain one of the plagues or something like that? 

1 hour ago, ganbatte said:

From Duolingo's twitter: "Because frogs come out in the rain, people used to think that they fell to earth in the rain! And in 19th century England, people tried catching them to prove it!"

I always thought that it was something the devs came up with.

the thing is that in some towns in my country still believing it xD

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Whenever the sun in the sky sucks up particles of ocean/lake water to produce rain it can also sometimes suck these small creatures up out the water along with it.

Let's throw science out the window, INTO THE AIR I guess.

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

the first of those two can be contributed to simple ocean/lake evaporation

Wait a minute...

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I'm not one of them space scientists but I know that's not right. The article you linked even says it's water spouts or tornadoes picking up the frogs. Not the sun acting as a tractor beam...

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I'm not one of them space scientists but I know that's not right. The article you linked even says it's water spouts or tornadoes picking up the frogs. Not the sun acting as a tractor beam...

Also let it be noted, it's not necessarily picking them up all the way into the clouds, but onto the top of trees and high surfaces, from where later they drop and splat on the ground.

9 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Imagine fish just flying on water vapour and clouds though.
Free meat once they fall onto ground, amirite?

Now I'm just picturing something like THIS mod.  XD

I'm also now picturing the MIGHTY SOLAR TRACTOR BEAM!  Well, in DST maybe it could.  I mean, just sunlight alone is enough to catch things on fire in the summer, so...  :

...Notorious

15 hours ago, ganbatte said:

From Duolingo's twitter: "Because frogs come out in the rain, people used to think that they fell to earth in the rain! And in 19th century England, people tried catching them to prove it!"

I always thought that it was something the devs came up with.

Ever read the bible? very obscure piece of literature, I know. But basically there's this part where there are 10 plagues of Egypt and one of them happens to be frog rain.

5 hours ago, WhackE said:

Ever read the bible? very obscure piece of literature, I know. But basically there's this part where there are 10 plagues of Egypt and one of them happens to be frog rain.

Nope, I don't like fiction... Jokes aside, I am a non-practicing muslim and not interested in religions much. The last sentence is good to know, maybe the bible was the source not the history.

I hope those englishmen did not interpret that as their end is near.

Also, you may want to check this answer.

19 hours ago, BezKa said:

I thought it was a common thing mentioned like everywhere that "raining frogs" is an extreme weather phenomenon. Then I learned in English you say "Raining cats and dogs" so... Also wasn't frog rain one of the plagues or something like that? 

Heavy rain phrases change from language to language. Are you French? I already knew the pissing cow one but TIL they have also one about frog rain: "Il pleut des grenouilles".

17 hours ago, sinisterrkid said:

I can see where this thread is going, and it's not pretty.

After reading all the answers, I think we need fish rain to make the game more "realistic".:wilsoalmostangelic:

5 hours ago, WhackE said:

Ah yes the Bible.. or what I like to call the greatest most known novel ever written by an unknown author.

I am not religious- I believe in a god of some sort, but I most certainly don’t believe everything written in the Bible word for word.

My Mother was Wiccan she believed in gods and goddesses, my Father he believed in a god.. but not exactly the ones my mother believed in, My Grandfather- Bless his heart, was the most strict CHRISTIAN on planet earth.. He would burn Pokémon card proclaiming they were of the devil, he would turn the TV off whatever you were watching to turn it onto a Christian church channel, he would beat you near senseless if you didn’t read the Bible every night before bed.

Now Days people believe in what they want to believe in and they don’t judge others for their beliefs, I can agree to that- My families religions have been a bit all over the place, so I can’t say anyone’s religion is right or wrong- but the way I feel about it as long as what you believe in is of good intention (and not like devil worship rituals or something) then I feel like your religion SHOULD be accepted.

Because “The greater being” that put us her ecreated all the multitude of languages, cultures and religions- and they all seem to serve a single purpose of making people follow whatever they believe in and just in general- Not be bad terrible people.

And as long as your not a bad terrible person, then regardless of what your religious beliefs are then I will get along with you and respect what you believe in Expecting you to be able to respectfully do the same when I say I believe in a God, but I don’t believe in the literature book known as the Bible every page exactly word for word.

What I can say with absolute fact though, is that If Klei is reading these threads and adding content to the game based on these wacky threads then I too am on board for the Fish Rain Idea.. Wurt would be a happy little Merm with lots of pet fish buddies to pick up and cuddle. :wilson_love:

22 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Ah yes the Bible.. or what I like to call the greatest most known novel ever written by an unknown author.

I am not religious- I believe in a god of some sort, but I most certainly don’t believe everything written in the Bible word for word.

My Mother was Wiccan she believed in gods and goddesses, my Father he believed in a god.. but not exactly the ones my mother believed in, My Grandfather- Bless his heart, was the most strict CHRISTIAN on planet earth.. He would burn Pokémon card proclaiming they were of the devil, he would turn the TV off whatever you were watching to turn it onto a Christian church channel, he would beat you near senseless if you didn’t read the Bible every night before bed.

Now Days people believe in what they want to believe in and they don’t judge others for their beliefs, I can agree to that- My families religions have been a bit all over the place, so I can’t say anyone’s religion is right or wrong- but the way I feel about it as long as what you believe in is of good intention (and not like devil worship rituals or something) then I feel like your religion SHOULD be accepted.

Because “The greater being” that put us her ecreated all the multitude of languages, cultures and religions- and they all seem to serve a single purpose of making people follow whatever they believe in and just in general- Not be bad terrible people.

And as long as your not a bad terrible person, then regardless of what your religious beliefs are then I will get along with you and respect what you believe in Expecting you to be able to respectfully do the same when I say I believe in a God, but I don’t believe in the literature book known as the Bible every page exactly word for word.

I'm sorry man but this isn't really relevant to the thread. One person mentions the Bible because the plagues are somewhat relevant to Frog Rain, and you feel the need to share you and your entire family's religious beliefs. It's okay to share personal opinions and anecdotes but it should add to the conversation. Not derail it. 

29 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

What I can say with absolute fact though, is that If Klei is reading these threads and adding content to the game based on these wacky threads then I too am on board for the Fish Rain Idea.. Wurt would be a happy little Merm with lots of pet fish buddies to pick up and cuddle. :wilson_love:

This is relevant. I agree Mike. That would be a neat addition. 

1 minute ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

I'm sorry man but this isn't really relevant to the thread. One person mentions the Bible because the plagues are somewhat relevant to Frog Rain, and you feel the need to share you and your entire family's religious beliefs. It's okay to share personal opinions and anecdotes but it should add to the conversation. Not derail it. 

agreed while i would like to explain my experience with religion that kinda has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.maybe if you want to talk about some stuff that are off topic maybe go write that off topic stuff in your "about me" section on your profile?(i know some people like to read those)

Archived