Hello, I have finaly got 2700 spools in DST, but I can't choose between Wurt and Wortox. I mean, my goal since I downloaded this game was to get 2700 spools to get Wurt, but then I discovered Wortox's abilities and became unsure which one to buy. These are my pros and cons of both of them. Wortox pros: he can eat souls, he can soul hop, he can heal with souls; Wortox cons: food has lower value for him, he has a soul limit, he is a bit ugly without spending additional 1350 spools on the uncorrupted skin. Wurt pros: he is the cutest character in game, merms don't attack him, he can make merm king and merm houses, merm king boosts him; Wurt cons: he is a vegetarian, he gains sanity decrease when holding meat. I guess I should get Wurt, but if you disagree, write in comments please!!!

Yes

2 minutes ago, Bluepufferfish said:

I prefer Wortox but Wurt has a lot of interesting mechanics that you can use (incomplete attacking with boomerangs+merms to kill birds for instance). Just an fyi, Wurt's actually a girl lol. I think you seem like you like Wurt more so double down and go full merm :)

But she looks like a boy.

6 minutes ago, Wardin25 said:

Wortox is more of a fooling around character, his abilities make him a support, a tank (using soulhop invincibility frames) and some other stuff, while wurt is more of a build an empire and focused on long lasting worlds

So wait, If I am a base-building kind of person, should I get wurt?

3 minutes ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

So wait, If I am a base-building kind of person, should I get wurt?

I would say yes.

Wortox is really strong and easy when you're used to him. One of the strongest all-around characters.

Wurt is more suited for a long run, base building style.

Oh and by the way, I advise to choose based on cuteness and personality. Characters can do anything when you play them right, so don't think too much about it on the long term.

If you want an OP character who can hold up to 20 souls in his inventory heal anyone near him from releasing souls, eat souls as a food source and use souls to teleport across gaps of land pick Wortox.

Pigmen, Merms and Catcoons hate him though and will try to murder him on sight.

If you want to play as a character who’s only downside is that she can only eat vegetables but she can build her own Kingdom of Scaley Fishy friends pick Wurt, and as an Added Bonus, Merms & Catcoons will not try to Murder her on sight.

Depending on how you prefer to play the game will depend on which character you want to pick, Wortox is a combat oriented character who performs best while fighting stuff, killing stuff, using souls, Wurt is a base building character who only becomes powerful once she has a few good Merm huts built.

Based on what you've told about your playstyle I too would say Wurt. I don't really like comparing characters like which one is better or worse than the other, because it all depends on the way you like to play.

I think the most frustrating thing about Wurt for me is that she can't trade with Pig King. I'm so used to getting easy gold from him, even though I know there are other ways to obtain it too. The real sad part at this time of the year is that Wurt can't get Halloween candy from him either, which Wortox can get. If this minor con doesn't feel too bad to you, you absolutely should take Wurt. And don't worry about the skins. As you play longer you'll eventually get everything you want!

Yeah I kind of forgot about Wurt not being able to trade with Pig-King, tbh I rarely ever traded with him at all as any of the characters I’ve played as, I think the one I did trade with him most would be Wigfrid, but that’s only because of how convenient killing his village off and giving him their pig butts in exchange for gold is for Wigfrid.

So if you can live W/O Pig King pick Wurt, if you however relied on PK A lot, pick anyone other than Wurt.

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah I kind of forgot about Wurt not being able to trade with Pig-King, tbh I rarely ever traded with him at all as any of the characters I’ve played as, I think the one I did trade with him most would be Wigfrid, but that’s only because of how convenient killing his village off and giving him their pig butts in exchange for gold is for Wigfrid.

So if you can live W/O Pig King pick Wurt, if you however relied on PK A lot, pick anyone other than Wurt.

I don't even know what items that fat thing accepts, because he rejected everything, even GOLD!!! And I said I bough Wurt

2 minutes ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

I don't even know what items that fat thing accepts, because he rejected everything, even GOLD!!! And I said I bough Wurt

He wants trinkets, those things you can dig up from graves and find from tumbleweeds etc. And meat, he likes meat.

they’re both fun to play! wurt is fun to base build with and she’s cute as heck, don’t @ me. the way you talked about wurt, it seemed as if you were already leaning towards getting her over wortox and just needed some confirmation that you were making a good decision. wortox is fun for support in a group since he can gain souls easily and heal everyone near you. based on your playstyle, i’d say wurt was a good choice, but i love playing them both. consider getting wortox in the future if you play with friends.

5 hours ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

5 hours ago, Mrklli said:

He wants trinkets, those things you can dig up from graves and find from tumbleweeds etc. And meat, he likes meat.

Also your Merm king will drop  a lot of trinkets when you give him fish.
What I recommend to do (which at least worked for me) is to just accumulate a bunch of trinkets, maybe paired with the ones you got from graves, ruins, etc, and once every 2 ingame years just switch through the portal to Wigfrid, and trade all the stuff you accumulated with PK.

Why Wigfrid specifically, if anyone can do it? Well you can also use the opportunity and excess gold, to make a mountain of Battle Helmets, which you can also use on your Merms. Then you can go back to Wurt.

Halloween will not help on this process as you will flood (literally) the Pig king's area in candy. To get rid of those, try to get 6 or 7 pigs stuck in that area, and when its full moon, release them all as werepigs, so they eat most of the candy. It may take several full moons to clear it out though.

Also congrats on your decision OP! Wurt is a lot of fun. You will not regret it.

it is a shame you already got wurt. wortox is much better for base-building expressly because of soul hop. i can actually go a lot faster if i can just jump wals and water and other base barriers. i also accidentally got pushed out of bounds when cramming plants in corners and just hopped right back into bounds. he's shaping up to be a great use when building if you can avoid accidental hops(he can also trade with pig king if you can avoid the pigs, ha)

all the same though i hope you have loads of fun with your cute little merm~

Archived