2 minutes ago, gaymime said:

it is a shame you already got wurt. wortox is much better for base-building expressly because of soul hop. i can actually go a lot faster if i can just jump wals and water and other base barriers. i also accidentally got pushed out of bounds when cramming plants in corners and just hopped right back into bounds. he's shaping up to be a great use when building if you can avoid accidental hops(he can also trade with pig king if you can avoid the pigs, ha)

all the same though i hope you have loads of fun with your cute little merm~

have fun dominating the T R Y - S T A T E  A R E A

9 hours ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

Hello, I have finaly got 2700 spools in DST, but I can't choose between Wurt and Wortox. I mean, my goal since I downloaded this game was to get 2700 spools to get Wurt, but then I discovered Wortox's abilities and became unsure which one to buy. These are my pros and cons of both of them. Wortox pros: he can eat souls, he can soul hop, he can heal with souls; Wortox cons: food has lower value for him, he has a soul limit, he is a bit ugly without spending additional 1350 spools on the uncorrupted skin. Wurt pros: he is the cutest character in game, merms don't attack him, he can make merm king and merm houses, merm king boosts him; Wurt cons: he is a vegetarian, he gains sanity decrease when holding meat. I guess I should get Wurt, but if you disagree, write in comments please!!!

should have made a poll

19 hours ago, Glowy Squiddy said:

Hello, I have finaly got 2700 spools in DST, but I can't choose between Wurt and Wortox. I mean, my goal since I downloaded this game was to get 2700 spools to get Wurt, but then I discovered Wortox's abilities and became unsure which one to buy. These are my pros and cons of both of them. Wortox pros: he can eat souls, he can soul hop, he can heal with souls; Wortox cons: food has lower value for him, he has a soul limit, he is a bit ugly without spending additional 1350 spools on the uncorrupted skin. Wurt pros: he is the cutest character in game, merms don't attack him, he can make merm king and merm houses, merm king boosts him; Wurt cons: he is a vegetarian, he gains sanity decrease when holding meat. I guess I should get Wurt, but if you disagree, write in comments please!!!

If you want to be powerful and play game more easily take Wortox. If you want to get more interesting unique mechanics take Wurt.

It depends on playstyle. Wortox is really good at living away from a base for an extended period of time, and manages hunger and health like no other. You will probably be playing insane for most of the time. Wurt is the complete opposite of nomad and her playstyle is around building a huge swamp base with an army of merms and a merm king at her disposal. Wortox is easier to pick up in my opinion, but harder to completely master.

Th

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

image.thumb.jpg.e667954ef682d891edbd9859b09066a7.jpg

My Wurt look lyke dis, Florp!

(I wanted her to still look scaly & slimy like she’s still part Merm even though I think I own this full skin set, I rarely ever use a complete skin set because I want my characters look unique.)

That skin is the next on my buying lis

15 hours ago, gaymime said:

it is a shame you already got wurt. wortox is much better for base-building expressly because of soul hop. i can actually go a lot faster if i can just jump wals and water and other base barriers. i also accidentally got pushed out of bounds when cramming plants in corners and just hopped right back into bounds. he's shaping up to be a great use when building if you can avoid accidental hops(he can also trade with pig king if you can avoid the pigs, ha)

all the same though i hope you have loads of fun with your cute little merm~

But I can always get a Lazy Explorer instead.

I wanted to point something out that no one else in this thread has brought up- to say that Merms are even remotely the same as Bunnyman/Pigmen is a made up lie.

A Pre-Existing Merm Hut (not one made by Wurt but already existing in the Map) can house Multiple Merms from the SAME small shack.. Pigmen/Bunnymen huts only house One Pig/One Bunny per house.

That Alone... gives Wurt fuel for faster acceleration of her Merm Kingdom.

Another cool Wurt Tip is Merms can be befriended as Followers by giving them Carrots, Seeds, or their own pet fish, easy to obtain items for Wurt.. Follower Merms can chop trees AND Mine Rocks so Wurt can just stand idly by saving her own tool durability while her Army does all the Work.

14 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I wanted to point something out that no one else in this thread has brought up- to say that Merms are even remotely the same as Bunnyman/Pigmen is a made up lie.

A Pre-Existing Merm Hut (not one made by Wurt but already existing in the Map) can house Multiple Merms from the SAME small shack.. Pigmen/Bunnymen huts only house One Pig/One Bunny per house.

That Alone... gives Wurt fuel for faster acceleration of her Merm Kingdom.

Another cool Wurt Tip is Merms can be befriended as Followers by giving them Carrots, Seeds, or their own pet fish, easy to obtain items for Wurt.. Follower Merms can chop trees AND Mine Rocks so Wurt can just stand idly by saving her own tool durability while her Army does all the Work.

Thanks, I didn't know that

Archived