Can someone tell me who exactly these two character are?

Hello :)

I have two questions for two characters. One is Wormwood. And the other one is Wilson. Now, I want some lore from them because WHO THE HECK IS WORMWOOD?!? I like the way he looks. He's just so cute, but who is he and why is he name Wormwood? I know a little bit about Wilson. But I want to know him a little bit more. Like why is he living in a dog house? His house looks like the saddest thing I've ever seen. I just wish he could have lived in a better house that looks nicer then what looks like a dog house... And how old is this guy? I thought he could be about 24 or 25. But what are their actual ages and what type of houses their living for real. Give me some lore and tell me why are they like that. Also, why is Wilson's hair so big and tall?!

1 hour ago, gulowuge said:

WHO THE HECK IS WORMWOOD?!?

One very bright full moon, somewhere deep in the jungle of Hamlet, a bright green gem fell and landed in the constant. This gem has a seemingly impudent ability to grow all of the vines and greenery around it and crafts a host for itself out the surrounding flora. Upon creating this host, it immediately started to pursue other creatures in hopes of being their friend, including acting like a dog and flapping his leaves like a butterfly. Upon being rejected by all the other creatures, he finds solace among the other plants. While he may essentially be a toddler mentally, that doesn't stop him from attempting to be friends with everything around him.

why is he name Wormwood?

It fit the character naming scheme, and Wormwood is often used to name magical things in fictional settings.

Like why is he living in a dog house? His house looks like the saddest thing I've ever seen. I just wish he could have lived in a better house that looks nicer then what looks like a dog house...

He lives in the woods isolated from the rest of society. He most likely didn't need much to pursue science and thus didn't need/want to go overboard on something that very few would see/notice. While to a outsider looking in, it may look like he was living in squalor, but with science, Wilson could not have cared if it was a luxary apartment or some fabric held up by sticks.

.. And how old is this guy? I thought he could be about 24 or 25. But what are their actual ages

About 20. While we have vague age ranges, we don't really have any actual confirmed ages, except for the 10 year old Wendy who had a very interesting thread about that very topic.

why is Wilson's hair so big and tall?!

Hair Gel and Marketability

3 hours ago, gulowuge said:

WHO THE HECK IS WORMWOOD?!?

Moonrock falls on plant. Plant becomes man. Manplant wants friends.

why is he name Wormwood?

Wormwood is a plant that starts with the letter W.

why is he name Wormwood?

not only is Wormwood an existing plant, but also a biblical entity, a falling star, who came bearing news of the apocalypse. And whaddayaknow, after Wormwood fell down from the moon, (into DST) the Moon soon followed

10 hours ago, DaZoul said:

not only is Wormwood an existing plant, but also a biblical entity, a falling star, who came bearing news of the apocalypse. And whaddayaknow, after Wormwood fell down from the moon, (into DST) the Moon soon followed

It’s interesting that you bring this up actually considering that the Aporkalypse happens in Hamlet and what would you know? Wormwood was born in Hamlet! #Creepy.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

It’s interesting that you bring this up actually considering that the Aporkalypse happens in Hamlet and what would you know? Wormwood was born in Hamlet! #Creepy.

Yes, Wormwood could be the one bearing news of the Aporkalypse, but I do believe that the armageddon in question isnt the Aporkalypse but rather the Lunar Island's falling. It just seems really convenient that right after Wormwood's backstory was released, making the connection with the biblical Wormwood, the Lunar Island fell. This, and the fact that Wormy came from said moon, makes me think that the Aporkalypse isn't the armageddon Wormwood came to alert us

@Slagger We all make mistakes, but Klei devs are forgiving :wilson_love: the most important part is learning from your mistakes and not repeating them!

Also OP- Wilson is Wilson, he is the star of the Dont Starve franchise, he seeks out forbidden knowledges.. and gets tricked by Maxwell to flip a switch on a portal he creates, then he gets sucked into the constant and in the first game makes a 5 chapter quest to find and eventually trade places with Maxwell as prisoner to the nightmare throne.

(normally I would’ve posted that into a spoiler but since Klei is officially treating DST as a SEQUEL to DS now.. and the starting Animation of DST already shows Wilson trapped on the throne before Charlie (Maxwells lovely assistant) wonders up on and free’s him, then I feel like it no longer needs to be spoiler tagged.)

Wormwood is a plant boy born in the skys of Hamlet from a Green Gem that the moons powers gave him life to, now Wormwood just goes around trying to fit in and make friends with everything, rather it’s alive or not..

one of my favorite quotes for him is examining when another player dies- “Friend? Oh friend not alive.”

Cracks me up every time :razz:

28 minutes ago, Slagger said:

This server is so family friendly. I should think twice before I post something. 

"think twice"? I am not about to lie, in my opinion it is a no brainer that you do not post anything inappropriate in a place where there are younger children.

I mean I assume there are younger children here. Still, what's inappropriate is inappropriate for a reason. No matter how much I laugh at it.

45 minutes ago, DaZoul said:

"think twice"? I am not about to lie, in my opinion it is a no brainer that you do not post anything inappropriate in a place where there are younger children.

I mean I assume there are younger children here. Still, what's inappropriate is inappropriate for a reason. No matter how much I laugh at it.

Would JoeW let us opening a thread about nsfw and random memes? We can decharge in it lol, at least i can :D
(Not nudity nsfw, more like joking about characters' strange things.)

Heck no, please do not post anything even slightly inappropriate on these forums, younger peoples are on here too.. so keep them in mind and don’t post anything like that (especially if you actually want to keep your account.)

Its just that simple.. don’t do it man.

On 10/30/2020 at 1:16 AM, Frashaw27 said:

About 20. While we have vague age ranges, we don't really have any actual confirmed ages, except for the 10 year old Wendy who had a very interesting thread about that very topic.

I believe Wilson is mentioned to be in his early thirties.

Wolfgang is about 40s, and Maxwell is in his 60s, according to this post.

Additionally, Willow is in her early 20s. All this info from the wiki btw!

image.thumb.png.e1fe4cb310d54760d3ce22bd6b923c92.png

9 hours ago, Willyhoo said:

I believe Wilson is mentioned to be in his early thirties.

Wolfgang is about 40s, and Maxwell is in his 60s, according to this post.

Additionally, Willow is in her early 20s. All this info from the wiki btw!

image.thumb.png.e1fe4cb310d54760d3ce22bd6b923c92.png

Thank you! I was going to post that but you beat me to it. (Didn't know about the Maxwell thing, although without a screenshot of the message I don't think that would be verifiable enough for the wiki anyway.)

Archived