Return of Them: Forgotten Knowledge and Hallowed Nights Available Now!

Just to confirm setting up all three altars and summoning the Mysterious Energy Orb currently does nothing right? I just set them up on PS4 which was pretty exciting but it does nothing thus far as far as I can tell. I know many others have said they don't want a boss and want a portal or additional area but damn would a massive moon themed boss on the island be cool! Whatever it turns out to be I am super pumped! Considering we also have the Sealed Portal which we can't yet open I'm guessing we are actually possibly going to get both - both a boss and a new area.

Oh does anyone know how long between the Portal in the Atrium having tape on it also and it then being updated to actually summoning the AF was? We should more than likely get whatever the Orb is in the next update yeah?

Second addition! Using Lunar potion to create Lightbug SPAWNERS? Just wow, you can legit fill your caves with them now. Here I was stockpiling Dragonfruit to make Saladmanders and now thats more or less out the window so I can make those super cute Light bugs EVERYWHERE

Third and final addition! The Astral Detector looks amazing as a setpiece/decorative item once both pieces have been found and it is always active when planted.

I LOVE THIS UPDATE ! <3 Cannot wait for the next one!

One and only disappointment: Wigfrid can't use the Milk Hat =( I get it I do... but I wish it was considered a Goodie or something..

12 hours ago, sasacar98 said:

There is no Lunar Grotto Biome in my world, which i created before update also i heard that there should be wormhole, but still nothing, what should i do ?

Have you explored the entirety of the Blue Mushroom Forest Biome including any small fragments or offshoots?

• Like 1

After spending some time with the new update (there’s a lot I still have yet to figure out..) I really enjoy the new mobs found here, My only real problem I’ve had so far with the update is being able to burn enough mush trees to drop charcoal to build a crockpot with before you find the Ancient Library with the pre-built ones.

I had the misfortune of picking Wigfrid as my character choice while exploring this new biomes stuff and in my experience I could not find enough meat to keep from starving. I thought that maybe the bulbous light bug  would have dropped a meats when killed.. but sadly it does not.

Has anyone playing as Wigfrid in the new areas struggled to find meats? I would like to know if I just suck at playing her, or if there’s legit a lack of meats in the new area.

Next time I go exploring down there as Wigfrid I’ll bring with me pre-cooked meats :glee:

2 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

Naked Mole Bats can drop Monster Meat and Naked Nostrils, both of which have the added bonus of reducing your sanity.

Was already too low on health’s to fight the MoleBAT though, usually there would’ve been a weaker mob to get foods from (if you go here as Wurt foods can be gotten just by chopping trees down) but Wigfrids- not a single smaller weaker meat source like Moleworm, or Spider to gets easier meat. 

I suppose that it’s my fault for not going there prepared enough- Next time I will take precrafted cook pot and meats from surface world.

On 11/9/2020 at 12:13 PM, Slagger said:

Soo, when we are gonna get spoilers about November update? Only 12 days remained for it. Few information would be enough...

Probably next week.. beta might start then- but that’s gonna leave console players without a November update unless they do something small alongside the BIGGER update- like maybe QoL tweaks or something, either way I’m fine if we don’t actually get an update for November, I got Creepy Cauldron & Wendy Lureplant I can Die happily now.

But if Klei wanted to be nice I guess they could do some new skins or rotate in some old ones I missed like the thermal Stone skin.

• Like 1

On 11/1/2020 at 8:56 AM, Mike23Ua said:

After spending some time with the new update (there’s a lot I still have yet to figure out..) I really enjoy the new mobs found here, My only real problem I’ve had so far with the update is being able to burn enough mush trees to drop charcoal to build a crockpot with before you find the Ancient Library with the pre-built ones.

I had the misfortune of picking Wigfrid as my character choice while exploring this new biomes stuff and in my experience I could not find enough meat to keep from starving. I thought that maybe the bulbous light bug  would have dropped a meats when killed.. but sadly it does not.

Has anyone playing as Wigfrid in the new areas struggled to find meats? I would like to know if I just suck at playing her, or if there’s legit a lack of meats in the new area.

Next time I go exploring down there as Wigfrid I’ll bring with me pre-cooked meats :glee:

The Naked Mole Bats which are everywhere in the Grotto drop both Monster Meat and their Uncooked Snout, if you just focus on killing them (three hits from a battle spear - super weak enemies) you can gather enough meat to keep going. They respawn fairly quickly and there should be several packs of them throughout the biome so you should be able to gather a fair bit of meat from them. I like to use one snout, one monster meat and two eggs for Bacon and Eggs while im hanging out in that area. Definitely not a lack of meat in that area and also yeah with Wigfrid due to her low hunger cap to begin with its always worthwhile bringing emergency food (preferable Bundle Wrapped) as she is a hungry hungry gal! With Wigfrid I honestly find it easier to just do big sessions of cooking a ton of meals then wrapping them up and working through them until I'm ready for another big cook off. Ice Chester carrying most of your meals and having the rest in an emergency bundle is really useful.

• Like 1

So 9 days remain for it. Probably we are not gonna get pre-announcement or any spoilers for beta update. Sadly, I really enjoy to get that kind of things before updates. It's making me exciting about it. But they probably don't share anything bc this one will be beta :/ 

Edited by Slagger
  • Big Ups 1

So I just wanted to point something out: in the Bug Tracker I see people reporting that objects that reflect light are sometimes transparent.

I believe that this is INTENTIONAL and may possibly even be just for Hallowed Nights event- Reason why I say this is when you give Pig King Large amounts of stuff and he Showers you in Candies, You can easily see the Golds amongst the piles of Candy.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

So I just wanted to point something out: in the Bug Tracker I see people reporting that objects that reflect light are sometimes transparent.

I believe that this is INTENTIONAL and may possibly even be just for Hallowed Nights event- Reason why I say this is when you give Pig King Large amounts of stuff and he Showers you in Candies, You can easily see the Golds amongst the piles of Candy.

While that does make sense, it looks really weird to stand in front of a campfire and see the fire on top of you

• Like 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:57 PM, Jason said:
  • Naughtiness values for krampus have been moved to constants for ease of access.
  • Naughtiness can also now be a function which will get executed when that creature is killed by a player.

Guys isn't it strange, they just giving information to modders about naughtiness in an update have nothing about naughtiness? OMG maybe this update have something about naughtiness! That's would be cool bc naughtiness is a poor mechanic!
Or i'm start to creating things lmao. I'm start to became crazy lol... Or am I?

7 hours ago, Slagger said:

Guys isn't it strange, they just giving information to modders about naughtiness in an update have nothing about naughtiness? OMG maybe this update have something about naughtiness! That's would be cool bc naughtiness is a poor mechanic!
Or i'm start to creating things lmao. I'm start to became crazy lol... Or am I?

yes you are crazy

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 10/22/2020 at 7:57 PM, Jason said:

I have a new little teaser for you for the November beta update. This is a pretty big one, and something a bit different, but… I think you’re gonna like it.

silhouette_fee_fi_fo_thumb.png

Perhaps Friday/November 20 will bring some snippets of news about this update, as it seems rather late by this post's time any Beta update will kick in anymore this week. If it wasn't pushed to December that is, which is a possibility. Still hope next week new Beta will be up with shiny new "toys" to get to play with.

• Like 4