Wurt!! birthday

It would appear to me that today is Wurt's birthday as listed on the compendium. One of my favorite characters to play for the interesting disbenefit of only being capable of eating vegetables, and having some of the more resource-friendly and useful minions at her disposal. Can we get some happy birthday wishes??

dontstarve_steam_dSWVK3Rj54.png.98be31738966be9d4a5e7b9d21967fb7.pngdontstarve_steam_BIX0k1WSPW.png.94eac510242a8d2efabf2b6d90c5fed3.png

Yes- I wish people would leave Wurt alone, stop banning her from Servers, and stop demanding she gets another Rework, Wurt is perfectly fine as she is now, She is Overpowered but it takes some set up time to get her to that point.

Now Because it is Wurts Birthday and all I felt I should share a few useful Wurt Tips:

Wurt is a VEGETARIAN which only sounds like a bad downside, in actuality she can eat Ice in emergency, Berries, Carrots, Honey, Butterflies, Mushrooms, and Random Seeds dropped by birds.

One Berry + 3 Ice = Fistful of Jam this will suffice a Wurt.

Wurt can’t eat popular meta healing foods to benefit from food healing her.. but neither can Wormwood, so if you know the tips and tricks to restoring health as Wormwood-

Tents, Siesta-Lean To’s this will also be Useful as Wurt, Alternatively you can also just use the actual healing tab for- Healing Salves, Honey Poultice, Booster Shots.

(the healing salves won’t be hard to get if you live in a swamp that also has a few high tier spider dens.. you can get them passively by just letting Merms/Tentacles do all the hard labor for you)

Which will ironically also provide you with Tentacle Spike (a better tier weapon then your average spears)

Wurt can carry around a pet fish and Wear a Top Hat to avoid ever having any negative Sanity drain you can get a pet fish by simply being in a swamp and watching Merms die to Tentacle, or by fishing them up out of the ponds.

Wurt can also easily and effortlessly befriend Merms hiring them to work for her- you can do this by offering them carrots, seeds or even their own pet fish.

Merms that are following Wurt will attack anything Wurt attempts to attack (but cancels out of attacking) So you can save TOOL durability by starting to chop a Tree or Mine a Rock, but canceling out as soon as your Merms start doing the work for you.

Wurt also never looses her grip no matter how wet she becomes in Spring rain- so weapons won’t slip out of her hands, meaning that the Eyebrella can always go to someone who actually needs it.

If Wurt does not craft Royal Tapestry and elect a Merm King then all Merms will remain hostile towards anything that dares step foot near their shacks, this last one is important..

200 Merm Shacks with no elected king can destroy most threats the game can possibly bring your way.. in fact I’m pretty certain they could EVEN make short work of D-Fly (haven’t tested it yet..)

You can also give Merms Armor to keep them alive longer.

Take extra caution in this last tip though: because if you accidentally whack a Merm in your Kingdom you won’t live to tell the tale.

One last thing that should be fairly obvious to players but I’ll provide a tip for Anyway: MERMS do NOT compare to Pigmen or Bunnymen.. Merms are a bit more powerful and can mine trees and chop boulders, but most importantly of ALL a Single Merm-shack can house multiple Merms at once.. unlike Pigmen houses or Bunnyman huts.

Happy Birthday to the Underappreciated leader of all Merm-Kind!

46 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

One Berry + 3 Ice = Fistful of Jam this will suffice a Wurt

To add onto this, you can also use Eggs as filler in many cases to replace ice, meaning that the birdcage is very useful as wurt! Turn that useless meat into something good!

11 minutes ago, Lbphero said:

To add onto this, you can also use Eggs as filler in many cases to replace ice, meaning that the birdcage is very useful as wurt! Turn that useless meat into something good!

Also, you can hire a merm to mine all the stone fruits you need!

HAPPY DAY OF LIFE-GIFT, WURT!  You're the character with the birthday closest to mine!

In fact, while I'm at it...why don't I bust out this:

birthday.gif.efc6f1bb325b71229b87da42c1c44a68.gif

There we go.  Chocolate-and-strawberry-icing cake.  Don't worry, Wurt, it's vegan.  It's an imaginary cake, so why not?  : P

...Notorious

Happy birthday, Wurt! Have fun playing in the rain on your special day! Oh wait, you'll go crazy and freeze to death. Don't forget your umbrella!

On a serious note, she has become one of my favorite characters, even if I never get the chance to do the late game kingdom stuff since public servers die out by winter and I'm left alone. I pretty much just play her for her easy to feed nature and occasional merm companions. :wilson_smile:

Archived