What is a DST confession you have?

7 minutes ago, Psychic Chicken said:

I died while carrying 30+ pig skin on 3 occasions. (Once while wearing a backpack but with the pig skin in my main inventory like and idiot, and 2 times while wearing magiluminescence).

nom :snarlingspider:

Just now, Shosuko said:

Paddling around a corner of a small lunar island I go too close to the edge and my poor character gleefully abandoned ship and is now stranded...  I'm 2 logs short of a new boat...

Have you deforested the entire lunar island?

Just now, Paoling said:

Have you deforested the entire lunar island?

I'm not on the lunar island proper, I'm on one of the small ones near it.

Ironically I have like 8 boards on me b/c of some debris I hammered on the way here, but I'm on beta and boats are made from logs there -_-

6 minutes ago, Shosuko said:

I'm not on the lunar island proper, I'm on one of the small ones near it.

Ironically I have like 8 boards on me b/c of some debris I hammered on the way here, but I'm on beta and boats are made from logs there -_-

The easiest solution to this problem would be allowing players to take a hammer to boards to turn them back into logs then.. yes? Even if you get less logs returned 1-2 is better then being stranded to die.

I have a confession to make, Whenever a poor lad is next to me and has no light, i always let them die, i don't know why i just get the urge to be all evil and let them die, probably cause the kekW mod makes it sound funny as hell.

11 minutes ago, thesooz9000 said:

I have a confession to make, Whenever a poor lad is next to me and has no light, i always let them die, i don't know why i just get the urge to be all evil and let them die, probably cause the kekW mod makes it sound funny as hell.

Another confession i have that is not exactly dst but more related to this forums is that i like when controversy happens and i just read through 10 pages of people arguing with popcorn

Speaking of being evil.

Sometimes when i encounter a recently used player camp i replace all their chest items with poop or rot in every slot and put all the items on the ground.

Have fun sorting.

26 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

I'm aware of the kitcoon minigame, and i have entirely sworn off playing it.

I'm not ready for that kind of responsibility, yet.

I forgot about mine and it ran away... its kinda why I don't have pets irl...

I haven’t actually actively played DST since the announcement of the new Crafting UI, AG rework & Wolfgang Changes.. I stopped playing completely when these things were revealed because I absolutely HATE getting used to how something works NOW only for it to become Unfamiliar again later.

now that’s not me hating on the update, as I’ve yet to PLAY it.. but I’m also weird: I refuse to play as Non-Reworked Characters up until about a day or so before they get reworked that way I don’t get used to and enjoy how they play NOW only to change Later.

Fun fact: Wickerbottom used to be my second most played as character, but then when I joined these forums and saw all the posts where people were wanting her quote “Nerfed into the ground” I haven’t played as Wickerbottom since then- and will just wait to see what ends up being done with her.

I was picking flowers for fun, wanted a pretty garland. They're bad yes but eh I liked em. Then some guy started going off on me about how I shouldn't pick them cause they spawn butterflies, how he had hundreds of hours in the game and how I was dumb and sounded like a 12 year old. I started picking every flower I saw out of spite.  

3 hours ago, AquaRC said:

I was picking flowers for fun, wanted a pretty garland. They're bad yes but eh I liked em. Then some guy started going off on me about how I shouldn't pick them cause they spawn butterflies, how he had hundreds of hours in the game and how I was dumb and sounded like a 12 year old. I started picking every flower I saw out of spite.  

Next time that happens to you, tell them you don't ever need more than one flower in an area for butterflies to spawn, ;). The amount of flowers makes no actual difference just as long there's atleast one, it scales with players.

4 hours ago, AquaRC said:

That reminds me i was playing as Webber once and some Wurt main was yelling at me to go away cause spiders are hostile and kill other players. And started acting very hostile when i said no they aren't once pacified/tamed they don't attack unprovoked.

I packed my army of spiders and left .. and same player got murdered by Hound Wave moments later and rage quitted.

If that wasn't instant Karma then idk what it was

Bet he/she would appreciate some extra help from me and my spider friends ^^

Doesn't matter i made good use of that little base he/she made and less hostile players came to join me in my newly aquired camp.

I usualy play on Klei offical servers and I am guilty of abusing every possible glitch in the game I could find.
This includes:
Item duping via rollback system
water walking and void surfing
map console command
duping beefalo and goat herds (this one is still not patched)
forcespawning grass gekos
building stacking (with fellow glitch exploiters)
gloomer blowdart nuking

also guilty of:

cheesing all bosses
using keep "folowing mod" to animationlock other players and push them into the darkness so they die (to make greifers drop their items)
using quickdrop mod to single drop 1 stonefruit and blowing infinite amounts with 1 slurtle slime/gunpowder
when I see people afk hiding with the bushhat or snurtle shell i feed them 1 food item so they unhide

Most fun I had while I was playing the game was this one time when I managed to glitch Pearl onto the boat and then glitch her off the boat into the oasis base. There I made her a "Jail" full of slime, poop, rot, bones and other goodies and I pretended to be the jailor :D

Preview:
https://ibb.co/s3GFWHt

I also made a kitchen with 6 crock pots in witch I cooked diverse rare foods, then i put a sign saying "caution wet floor" and planted anenemies around the crookpots and iceboxes. Then I would invite people to join the base just to see them go for the food in crockpot step on anenemie and die, afther witch I would comment "oh you fell let me give you a hand" and then res them just so we can continue the circle of advance bone farm :D

Also I quit the game because Klei servers are griefer honeypots and Klei failed to stop them in any shape and form, so why bother spending hours on extra long and tedious quests when someone else lays waste on your work in mater of minutes. The solution to this would be to play solo or private server and that was too boring for me because game is easy once you get the hang of it.

Peace!

54 minutes ago, Tome130 said:

water walking and void surfing

I once found a lad on a server, who was as goofy as me and we wasted so much time and health walking on water and fecking it up repeatedly. I eventually won a bet (on nothing) by walking to lunar island on foot. Once I arrived, I proceeded to freeze to death. Ah, good times.

On 3/21/2022 at 5:14 AM, AquaRC said:

Then some guy started going off on me about how I shouldn't pick them cause they spawn butterflies, how he had hundreds of hours in the game and how I was dumb and sounded like a 12 year old.

You sure that wasn't just Edgy Rick?

40 minutes ago, Bumber64 said:

I have a mod that displays monster attack range and still can't kite well!

I played on a public server the other day and it had that mod installed.

I kite extremely well but that mod made me perform horribly.

Its not a good mod to have, it will make you bad or even worse at the game. You can use it to check ranges for mobs once,  but do not play with it activated

I went into “Advanced Settings” on my game the other night and I changed the game to show all of the games craftables (yes you CAN do that now..) instead of only the crafts I can make from whatever I’m standing next to to make it (example: Alchemy Engine for Lantern)

To my surprise and horror there’s probably at least 500 items I’ve never crafted or even heard of… but- This should probably be the DEFAULT setting with disabling it being optional, this allows people like myself to know that there is a lot more to this game that we haven’t crafted/discovered yet.. it doesn’t tell us HOW to do these things mind you.. it just makes the player Aware that such craftables exist somewhere out there..

What’s more important then that: is that Klei keeps actual records of how often X gets used or Crafted.. & I’m pretty sure with the New UI a lot more stuff that wasn’t being made is now being made by players.

Archived