What is a DST confession you have?

3 minutes ago, PetulantPansy said:

It takes another inventory slot and I'll need to collect lots of grass (which is easy once you get the lureplant farm setup but it takes some effort to get it all setup). 

you can simply build a gekko pen but anyways it doesnt take that much grass... 1 rope each time you open it and it takes an inventory slot but gives 4 

yeah that's fair it's not too expensive but I like to keep things simple. Look I'm not the most pro player around the block. Since this is a confessions thread: when I started playing, I thought maxwell with a football helmet was an incredible setup because he didn't have a sanity penalty. I was the ultimate pacifist as I thought I was so smart by having pigs fight each other, and having pigs take on spiders while I take out their den. Then I figured out the crockpot and ice. So I took my game to the next level when I would boomerang birds for meat and ice for some meatball. Anyways I'll disappear. Hope you liked the stories :)

1 hour ago, PetulantPansy said:

yeah that's fair it's not too expensive but I like to keep things simple. Look I'm not the most pro player around the block. Since this is a confessions thread: when I started playing, I thought maxwell with a football helmet was an incredible setup because he didn't have a sanity penalty. I was the ultimate pacifist as I thought I was so smart by having pigs fight each other, and having pigs take on spiders while I take out their den. Then I figured out the crockpot and ice. So I took my game to the next level when I would boomerang birds for meat and ice for some meatball. Anyways I'll disappear. Hope you liked the stories :)

Nothing wrong with figuring the game out on your terms.  I also played pacifist when I started out.  I think I played through winter before I even learned to craft a weapon.  I've played a lot of times even disabling my attack button so I couldn't handle things through direct engagement.  It was only when Wanda came out that I decided I'd tackle the bosses "fairly," and while its been a fun journey there is nothing wrong with playing how you want.

Its a good tip though - I typically keep a bundle wrap with meaty stews, a stack of cooked cactus or green caps for sanity, perogies for health, and the 4th slot is a stack of ropes.  That way I can open it, grab these things, eat / restore sanity / heal as needed, and bundle it back up to just 1 inventory space.  Because meaty stews cover 2 days of hunger for most survivors you only open it every 4 days to take out 2 meaty stews.  One to eat then and another to top up with 2 days later.  So you're using 1 rope every 4 days unless you need some sanity / health recovery.  Stacking a bundling wrap full this way can last over an in game year without needing to do anything else for food.

I prefer worlds with grass gekkos from the start for the easy grass gathering too.

10 hours ago, SecretPizzaMan said:

You've lost all your rights. Congrats.

No but seriously can you clarify what it is you like about them?

They are amazing for lazy butts like me. You ALWAYS have twigs there without even bothering to intentionally go get some. They just cover the floor and you pick them up, no time wasted picking them from saplings. The reason you don't have twigs early game is actually not the twiggy trees, it's your friends who won't share or you who doesn't craft an axe:D

4 hours ago, JavierDraws said:

I almost always forget this game is called Don't Starve and often find myself starving while base building.

This happens to me often in games that have hunger/thirst where you can build bases.

I nearly drop dead from dehydration / starvation cause i get too focused on base building to notice that i haven't been eating/drinking anything for several days straight.

On 2/27/2022 at 8:39 PM, SecretPizzaMan said:

You've lost all your rights. Congrats.

I like twiggy tree worlds b/c I play solo, so there are usually plenty of twigs to get me going - and after a week or so I have pretty much unlimited twigs.  If I play multiplayer I just build an axe early, and that smooths out my start too.

On 2/27/2022 at 11:39 PM, SecretPizzaMan said:

I find them a bit more convenient as they steadily produce twigs over time without needing to harvest anything, plus they're an added source of wood, so I can slowly amass an area where I can get tons of twigs and wood at once.
I don't prefer twiggy tree worlds, but I always keep them when I get them

5 minutes ago, GrMcGillacactus said:

I find them a bit more convenient as they steadily produce twigs over time without needing to harvest anything, plus they're an added source of wood, so I can slowly amass an area where I can get tons of twigs and wood at once.
I don't prefer twiggy tree worlds, but I always keep them when I get them

True story, my first ever Beefalo tame (before the YoTB changes where they follow you everywhere you go now…) Was done by gathering Twiggy Tree Pinecones and planting them NEAR my Beefalo I wanted to tame the entire time..

If you guys didn’t know: in the old days a Beefalo wouldn’t leave too far from its spawn location, so YOU had to bring the food to IT.. and ugh: I am so glad you can now passively tame the thing as it follows loyally behind you throughout everything you do. 

Before this change: planting Twiggy Trees all around its spawn was my go to method.

Archived