What is a DST confession you have?

7 hours ago, Cheggf said:

I will not stand idly by as my precious cookie cutter cap's good name is being tarnished. It may offer less resistance than your typical football helmet, but it is pretty durable which combined with the lesser resistance makes it last quite some time. It's also more water resistant.

But the biggest appeal of the cap is the style. Unless you're fighting something with 150 damage per swing the cap can do about as well as a football helmet, so it is clearly the better option for appearances.

The only thing I would change about the cookie cutter cap, other than having people automatically remark about how attractive and intelligent you look when you're wearing it of course, is to make the shells that craft it drop more often.

totes, I love the look of the cap, just sucks its % damage reduction is low.  Gotta spam more healing tho, and while fishsticks are cheap, great for boating, the ocean isn't generous with sticks :\ 

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

totes, I love the look of the cap, just sucks its % damage reduction is low.  Gotta spam more healing tho, and while fishsticks are cheap, great for boating, the ocean isn't generous with sticks :\ 

The cookie cutters themselves are pretty decent for health restoration too since the monster meat they drop can be combined with fish for surf n turf.

1 minute ago, Cheggf said:

The cookie cutters themselves are pretty decent for health restoration too since the monster meat they drop can be combined with fish for surf n turf.

surf n turf is great healing but it spoils so fast XD  but yeah, all the monster meats are useful.  When I do boat I try to touch ground as little as possible and the cookie cutters are a regular stop for filling up on monster meats.  They are basically the spiders of the sea XD

I’m in love with the new Kitcoon designs and wish that the Collar Me Impressed Mini-Game unlocked that Catcoon Skin after you fully grow that type of Catcoon in the Mini-Game.

These would make for Awesome Skins, or naturally spawning mob variants.

Unfortunately Catcoons are My #1 Target when playing Wigfrid.. easy cheap Meaty Stew from all the “Cute Meat” 

Once I was doing ruins with rocklobsters and a rook killed hutch, leading to a lobster sucking up 30 blue gems from the ground (early game, those where the only ones I had). I then lost track of which rocklobster it was and just tried to passively kill them all to get the gems back by luring spiders towards them. I ended up dying to the spiders. Then, the rocklobsters ate the rest of my minerals too.

once, i forogt that you had to dig up minisigns after attempting to hammer one and came to the conclusion that they were bugged and the only way to remove them was to burn them. My chest area suffered great casualties.

I get bored with the Year of the events after about 40 minutes with them, I don’t know why.. it’s just this tiny bit of content that has to suffice me until the next update, though I do like how these updates are now adding permanent changes to the game, such as YoTB & the Catcoon Den changes.

I confess to how incredibly adorable the Beefalo outfits and alternate Catcoon skins are, but I still feel like Carrat was the best “Pet” the game ever had.

You could give them different colored colors, you could feed them, they could die if you didn’t feed them, you could train them with cute endurance equipment, and race them on fun built up obstacle courses, they would give you gifts when they win, and they would cry at your feet when they lost.

the Kitcoons aren’t anywhere near that deep, they’re immune to dying, don’t starve, can’t have colored collars, you can’t even do something as simple as wind up their toy mouse to make them chase after it, the most fun you will get out of Kitcoon is the Hide & Seek Mini-Game I love cats, but sorry Klei this doesn’t compare to my loyal pet Carrat.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I get bored with the Year of the events after about 40 minutes with them, I don’t know why..

I usually do a creative server and build all the things, then go back to playing normally where I completely ignore it.

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I get bored with the Year of the events after about 40 minutes with them, I don’t know why.. it’s just this tiny bit of content that has to suffice me until the next update, though I do like how these updates are now adding permanent changes to the game, such as YoTB & the Catcoon Den changes.

I confess to how incredibly adorable the Beefalo outfits and alternate Catcoon skins are, but I still feel like Carrat was the best “Pet” the game ever had.

You could give them different colored colors, you could feed them, they could die if you didn’t feed them, you could train them with cute endurance equipment, and race them on fun built up obstacle courses, they would give you gifts when they win, and they would cry at your feet when they lost.

the Kitcoons aren’t anywhere near that deep, they’re immune to dying, don’t starve, can’t have colored collars, you can’t even do something as simple as wind up their toy mouse to make them chase after it, the most fun you will get out of Kitcoon is the Hide & Seek Mini-Game I love cats, but sorry Klei this doesn’t compare to my loyal pet Carrat.

i guess this kind of updates are used to have only some devs working on it while most of the devs are working on bigger things. Also this kind of events adds little pieces of content to each world you start so you scape from the endless 4 season loop.So, instead of being tired at X ammount of hours, you can try each event and get the buildings and items plus playing some minigames from them

if you enjoy building it could add mamy hours of fun on each world since you will have an excuse to make a set piece (or an entire biome) for them

idk why do you want them to be able to die, that would be just annoying rather than a "survival" experience

i hope this year we get atleast a survival update, im starting to be tired of raid bosses, minigames and optative exploration, atleast decorative stuff give ideas for building but i bough this game for the survival aspect not to make fancy bases (even if enjoy it a lot)

On 1/20/2022 at 5:23 PM, GelatinousCube said:

They should drop a shark fin to make shark fin soup which ideally would be a killer recipe like mandrake soup providing a ton of stats, should also be able to make either a hat or weapon with the fin too.

If they add a shark fin soup it should give nothing, like shark fin soup irl

3 hours ago, jtubio88 said:

One day i'm have to roll back 50 times to kill the crab king 

That give me PTSD every time i'm have to kill the BOSS whit My Friends 

Any time I roll back I feel super guilty and delete the world later.

I have over a thousand hours in the game and I still can't solo fuelweaver. It makes me very sad. Looks easy on youtube but phase 2 is just a total cluster...

Also I don't like eating food in the game. 

1. It ties me down to a physical location because it's wise to crockpot stuff

2. It spoils over time and you lose food value when it turns yellow

3. Mid-late game i have tons of meat but see points 1 and 2

I'm not like super averse to eating food and it's not difficult at all but I find it to be more of a mild annoyance. Just a meter that has to be filled for me to do more interesting things. I'd say it's more like a hound attack. It's not something that is extremely difficult to deal with. Instead it's just something that interrupts your workflow and you have to dedicate a little to address the issue. 

Last confession won't be controversial. But I'm annoyed with eating so I only eat 3 dishes as any character - meatballs, stew, rogies. [I don't have wurt. Wurt is super adorable (florp, not afraid of you) but I don't have the patience to grind for a merm army and then maintain it; I can't live the veggie diet either. Plz see previous sentence] 

Oh.... and not sure this is the best place to put this, but I'm hoping to see more bosses in DST. On the surface, you really only have dragonfly, beequeen, and the twins. I guess you can count crab king and malbatross but I don't know why anyone would want to fight crab king aside from accomplishing the celestial champion quest line. Malbatross doesn't really drop anything useful either so I guess you could kill it for the sake of killing it [and I'm a paddle ocean explorer anyways :3]

But anyways, killing dragonfly and bee queen by the end of the first winter is totally doable. Twins is harder but also doable in the first year. It's unfortunate but I feel that the game lacks progression once you kill these 3 surface land bosses, and you can kill them all in the first year. In long term worlds, I kill those guys multiple times but I think it'd be more fun if there were other different bosses to kill. The only challenging part about this would be that any new boss (like the twins) won't have a DS counterpart. Therefore the fighting mechanics and specifically the drops [useful and unique] will require some level of creativity from the developers. 

I know that seasonal bosses and Klaus exist but they're not that difficult to kill. 

8 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Any time I roll back I feel super guilty and delete the world later.

Any time I roll back I feel proud of myself for not just console-reviving... (to be fair, a rollback on my potato can take several minutes with a slight potential for a crash)

3 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

I'm not like super averse to eating food and it's not difficult at all but I find it to be more of a mild annoyance. Just a meter that has to be filled for me to do more interesting things.

Isn't that like... food irl? Minus the taste?

3 hours ago, PetulantPansy said:

Also I don't like eating food in the game. 

1. It ties me down to a physical location because it's wise to crockpot stuff

2. It spoils over time and you lose food value when it turns yellow

3. Mid-late game i have tons of meat but see points 1 and 2

but you kill BQ, why not use bundles?

I planted a lure plant at a very close friends megabase as a joke. Now this was POST wendy rework. The lure plant ATE a row of evil flowers that was only possible to create pre wendy rework. I never told her. It was a very nice sanity station. 

Embarassing story of the past. It was before the fuelweaver release, i was learning the game and i was quite satisfied with the progresses i was slowly achieving by time. I had like 100 or 200 hours and felt pretty confident, maybe too much. So i joined a pub server with lot of players, some of which very experienced, and proposed the classical "ruins rush" to flex a bit, because as i said i felt strong and confident about my "skills". I was playing old wolfgang (rip), and kinda leading other players like a captain to ruins in early days of autumn. I remember this feeling of proudness in my soul and brain, and i was thinking like "yes J, your so good at this game, your a proh leader and wolfgang player, your flex here is totally legit". We see the entrance to ruins, all the players are excited to start the robot-killing and looting. My character is insane, but im "proh" so i can handle it, i kite the nightmares while walking, i get hit without armor but im playing wolfgang and im pro so no worries...i notice im kinda low hp but no worries, i can just eat and regain hp. Oh look at that monster meat in my inventory, the one i got while i skillfully killed a swarm of worms in front of the admiring crowd, i eat it. I insta die. "Jwave was killed by monster meat".  I watch the grey screen almost as confused as the other  players that had to stop cuz they saw me dying like an idiot.  I close the game and uninsitall.

End.

Archived