OXYGEN NOT INLUDED MOBILE VERSION

These 2 years companies are releasing mobiles with better hardware, so it can run some really good games from PC, so I thought if is here some plan of releasing Oxygen not included on mobile, when and or why not?

I was gonna quote myself...but seeing as someone already did so...I'm still gonna do it anyways.

On 7/29/2020 at 10:34 AM, watermelen671 said:

Uh...considering how ONI is just beginning to become optimized for middle-high end PCs, I'm just going to go out on a limb and say we're probably never getting a mobile port.

Unless you want your phone/tablet to explode that is. :wilson_ecstatic:

Hide contents

And besides...the game's like 8 GBs...you really think you want a massive chonker like that on your phone? :wilson_curious:

And with the DLC giving you multiple simultaneously running colonies I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say IF we ever get a mobile version of ONI, it's most likely gonna be severely cut down version of the main game. I mean quadruple amputee levels of cut down: large amounts of content would probably have to be completely altered or outright removed to cram it onto mobile skews. :wilson_dilemma:

TL;DR 

To quote Jan: "There are currently no plans for releasing Oxygen Not Included on Xbox, PS4, Switch or mobile."

I think people just keep severely overestimating what phones can do. A phone is basically not much more than the minimum required to run a "real" OS, with more memory. It is in no way equal to a modern PC. Without extensive GPU use, it would be dog-slow. For example, the main memory bandwidth of a current high-end phone is around 10GB/s or so. A modern PC has around 50GB/s. Caches on the phone are slower, smaller and have lower associativity. Pipelines are shorter. Buffers have less capacity. Buses are smaller. IPC is lower. Clock is lower. And so on. 

They can't solve the lag on pc.  And you want a  mobile version?   How about we fix the pc version first then talk mobile.    One more thing      battery drain you won't be playing more than 5 cycles without a cable to an outlet. 

To be honest this is not so stupid as it sounds. But game have to be streamed and not executed on mobile. This way we will have a lot of mobile games in future.

Main problem here is interface which is not designed to run on touch devices and this one is not easy to skip on final product.

Any way I dont see benefit of playing game like oni on tiny screen. Maybe it would be fun if our colony runs on 24h and we could do checks on our dupes like ants in aquarium.

On 8/4/2020 at 2:04 PM, Gurgel said:

I want craftable clothes and haicuts! And, most importantly, I want optical upgrades to the tools so you can show them off!

On 8/4/2020 at 3:21 PM, Lbphero said:

cant wait for Oxygen Not Included: MEEPRUN on mobile devices!

...okay now I kinda want that. :wilson_curious:

13 hours ago, MarcinW said:

Any way I dont see benefit of playing game like oni on tiny screen. Maybe it would be fun if our colony runs on 24h and we could do checks on our dupes like ants in aquarium.

So...like if someone made Oxygen Not Included: Farmville Edition? 

joshthink.thumb.png.86b57cda4597c69468b91b053a66f236.png

Actually, the ability to invite your friends to manage your colonies together would be great, Just lock the map thats currently being played on.

God I have so many ONI Friends idd like play with.

Archived