[Game Update] - 422596

• Developer

Changes:

• Wavey Jones will be chased off permanently for the night after several attempts
  • Wavey Jones will only pop off boat patches if the lowest crew sanity is 25% or less.
  • Improved the resolution of the science machine art. A little “pre QOL update” QOL update. 

Bug fixes:

• Wavey won’t show up on a boat that is empty
  • Fixed missing cuffs on the Stitched Coat.
  • Fixed Roseate Wurt skin issues.
  • Fixed floating issues with the Head Chef Hat.
  • Fixed typo in Warly's quote for Leafy Meatloaf.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Wendy’s arm clothing to revert.

View full update

• Like 55
  • Thanks 28

I still don't feel boats are worth investing in.  It takes a lot to build a good boat and every new mechanic seems to treat them like trash.  They are going to be our next beefalo - an awesome thing you just can't justify doing because the gains and risks are WAY out of proportion.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Shosuko said:

I still don't feel boats are worth investing in.  It takes a lot to build a good boat and every new mechanic seems to treat them like trash.  They are going to be our next beefalo - an awesome thing you just can't justify doing because the gains and risks are WAY out of proportion.

I sort of agree that boats can be a bit too fragile at times, but honestly the biggest threat to your boat is your own steering skill.

Well that or crab king. Otherwise though it's not too bad now, imo at least.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Changes:

• Wavey Jones will be chased off permanently for the night after several attempts
  • Wavey Jones will only pop off boat patches if the lowest crew sanity is 25% or less.
  • Improved the resolution of the science machine art. A little “pre QOL update” QOL update. 

Bug fixes:

• Wavey won’t show up on a boat that is empty
  • Fixed missing cuffs on the Stitched Coat.
  • Fixed Roseate Wurt skin issues.
  • Fixed floating issues with the Head Chef Hat.
  • Fixed typo in Warly's quote for Leafy Meatloaf.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Wendy’s arm clothing to revert.

View full update

What was the issues on the Wurt skin ?

• Health 1

12 minutes ago, Le Rafistoleur said:

What was the issues on the Wurt skin ?

I think they made her mouth slightly less weird, less pronounced cheeks I think I can see.

Old Wurt

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.58.40 PM.png

New Wurt (below)

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 3.58.10 PM.png

Just the slightest bit different.

Edit: you can see they moved the cheek lines closer 

Edited by TheHollowKnight
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 6
  • Spool 1

1 hour ago, Shosuko said:

i dunno, i have liked shallow-water playing so i see some potential in continuing to play towards it

5 hours ago, Shosuko said:

I would agree, but I feel like they're still a work in progress and it might be too soon to make a call. Personally I like the idea of being immune to dog waves, boss spawns and ant lion bs all year round. The biggest threat is sanity loss and maybe hunger but both can easily be managed by a couple trips in lunar island for passive sanity increase and leafy recipes that just dropped.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Wavey won’t show up on a boat that is empty

I'm just wondering; does an "empty" boat mean like a boat with zero structures on it, or does it mean a boat with zero people on it regardless of structures?

2 hours ago, Rinkusan said:

I'm just wondering; does an "empty" boat mean like a boat with zero structures on it, or does it mean a boat with zero people on it regardless of structures?

I'd assume both, since he can't do anything when a boat has no structures, and it probably wasn't intended for him to mess around with stuff while you were away from the ship

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Wavey won’t show up on a boat that is empty

THANK YOU!

13 hours ago, Jason said:

Improved the resolution of the science machine art. A little “pre QOL update” QOL update. 

Does that mean more texture improvements in the QOL update? Awesome! I hope you guys fix the weird hat placements on some characters too.

15 hours ago, Shosuko said:

Sailing right now is safer than traveling on surface. there are no hound waves or seasonal boss raids to kill you,  the only way you could lose your boat is pay no attention for the stats and surrounding whatsoever (aka AFK).

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, FuriousChimera said:

Sailing right now is safer than traveling on surface. there are no hound waves or seasonal boss raids to kill you,  the only way you could lose your boat is pay no attention for the stats and surrounding whatsoever (aka AFK).

Yet traveling on surface is way cheaper & faster than sailing, you'll have alot more space to kite or to dodge mobs, and you won't encounter Rockjaws who have a chance to deal up to 180 damage on you, which does kill the majority of characters if you ain't wearing any armor at all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Also, unlike Gnarwails, Rockjaws don't despawn offscreen, so there'll be more and more Rockjaws the longer you sail.

I don't see the problem? If the entire ocean stays at a base difficulty level that can be dealt with in the first couple of days that would be boring. Hostile Mobs overpopulating is about the only sense of progression this game has atm and similar to killing t3 spider dens gives you a late game objective to perform if you're avoiding them.

Edited by sudoku
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sudoku said:

I don't see the problem? If the entire ocean stays at a base difficulty level that can be dealt with in the first couple of days that would be boring. Hostile Mobs overpopulating is about the only sense of progression this game has atm and similar to killing t3 spider dens gives you a late game objective to perform if you're avoiding them.

1 minute ago, Viktor234 said:

I read your response as if you were against those mechanics, my bad. 

It's a bummer when you have to defend every mechanic tooth and nail for fear of it getting nerfed or outright removed it people complain enough, thats what sucks with klei spacing these updates so far apart. Their larger vision, if they have one, doesn't get to be played as they originally developed and intended if the complaints (in regards to difficulty)  start rolling in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1